First beta KSP2 images

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You're telling me you stopped vaporising them in KSP1?

Unacceptable.

(obligatory /s because this is the internet)

The ones I like more I try to reuse for a couple times ;)  

Forgot to add the "space" to "green space frogs" lmao.

Edited by Minmus Taster

8 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Hide contents

ss_9f7d31044972b7c6a2ed7cb241dae8c5cbb2b3a2.1920x1080.jpg?t=1672938786

I think this is our first full view of the new KSC here. While it's a bit far away to make out small details, it seems to have everything we know so far in a single frame. Something that I can't help but notice though is how they have all the buildings on the eastern edge of the launchpads and near the end of the runways. Either someone messed up on building planning, or the devs did this on purpose to give failed launches the potential for a little more *boom* if ya catch me.

29 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

I think this is our first full view of the new KSC here. While it's a bit far away to make out small details, it seems to have everything we know so far in a single frame. Something that I can't help but notice though is how they have all the buildings on the eastern edge of the launchpads and near the end of the runways. Either someone messed up on building planning, or the devs did this on purpose to give failed launches the potential for a little more *boom* if ya catch me.

I wouldn't say the buildings are that close to the runways.

33 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

The scale is deceptive at that altitude.  The new KSC is much larger with bigger bldg so the distance between the end of runway and bldgs is more than it looks from that height; my take anyway

These screenshots are so beautiful my mouth spontaneously opened in shock and awe.... 

I LOVE the snow on top of the mountain, the colour of the water in the lakes within the KSC and just the general high level of detail. Wow

10 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

She looks more confused than flustered.

To be fair, I'd be wondering how I outright flipped such a flat structure as well.

Miss reading the navball I guess. Flying from aircraft carriers blue is down. Still landing upside down and keeping the wings is a skill, yes she lost the tail. 

1. Kerbin's surface is still barren.
  2. Where are the impressively tall mountain cliffs?
  3. The highlands / mountains show signs of water erosion. Weather effects?
  4. Are the tree trunks collidable / breakable?
  5. The clouds could use some work.
  6. What's the point of the KSC inland circular water ponds? Should we build bridges?
  7. Very few new parts.
  8. I don't see anything that indicates new gameplay features. Yes, EA Phase 1 is all about validating the physics, but we still don't really know anything about the new game mechanics.
  9. Why is the skybox so green?

All in all great work by the dev team! Love the textures and lighting quality, the launch pad smoke, the paint system. Slowly but surely we're getting there!

9 hours ago, darthgently said:

The scale is deceptive at that altitude.  The new KSC is much larger with bigger bldg so the distance between the end of runway and bldgs is more than it looks from that height; my take anyway

Agree, you can also use the north east pad fist, and the design makes some sense if evolved over years. 

2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Do you means the stars/galaxies/nebula's, etc?

What color is the nebula? Not individual stars or galaxies. The interstellar dust - what color is it?

ss_0fc577e542d1367437b757b6d3dd4dc183e00

19 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

What color is the nebula? Not individual stars or galaxies. The interstellar dust - what color is it?

ss_0fc577e542d1367437b757b6d3dd4dc183e00

Yes there is green.

Do you think that is a problem or are you just wondering why things in space can show green in the visible spectrum?

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Kerbin's surface is still barren.

So?

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Where are the impressively tall mountain cliffs?

Did you want a screenshot of every possible place a spacecraft could be landed on a planet?

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

The highlands / mountains show signs of water erosion. Weather effects?

Static procedural weather effects? Probably. Dynamic weather effects that evolve over time? Nope.

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Are the tree trunks collidable / breakable?

Maybe, maybe not.

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

The clouds could use some work.

Does it matter as long as Kraken attacks aren't commonplace? I don't understand the idea of placing graphics as a top priority.

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

What's the point of the KSC inland circular water ponds? Should we build bridges?

If I had to guess, some obscure physics related to the shock absorption tech you see in IRL launches.

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Very few new parts.

The new parts have been showcased in pretty much every KSP 2 video to come out so far, so this is a really odd complaint to see.

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I don't see anything that indicates new gameplay features. Yes, EA Phase 1 is all about validating the physics, but we still don't really know anything about the new game mechanics.

Refer to previous reply

21 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Why is the skybox so green?

Does it matter what colour it is?

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

So?

Did you want a screenshot of every possible place a spacecraft could be landed on a planet?

Static procedural weather effects? Probably. Dynamic weather effects that evolve over time? Nope.

Maybe, maybe not.

Does it matter as long as Kraken attacks aren't commonplace? I don't understand the idea of placing graphics as a top priority.

If I had to guess, some obscure physics related to the shock absorption tech you see in IRL launches.

The new parts have been showcased in pretty much every KSP 2 video to come out so far, so this is a really odd complaint to see.

Refer to previous reply

Does it matter what colour it is?

Having read a lot on this forum, I'm afraid some have expectations in the game which are blown out of proportion or feasibility. I'm almost certain many will be disappointed on release.