New KSP2 screenshot (beta) has a problem with the Lightning Strike Tower. It should be higher than the rocket which it isn't.

Anth

As indicated on the following screenshot the lightning tower should extend to above a rocket or will most likely will be ineffective. Someone else noted this when they saw it so I cant take credit for seeing it ;)

Its probably just for show regardless but the major space enthusiasts will definitely see this.

ndEdDoT.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

You.. you realize this is probably one of the smallest crafts people will come up with to launch from there? The pole would have to be twice the size of the tower in some cases.

Just have the tower be procedural and move up and down depending?

37 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

As indicated on the following screenshot the lightning tower should extend to above a rocket or will most likely will be ineffective. Someone else noted this when they saw it so I cant take credit for seeing it ;).

ndEdDoT.jpg

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day ruined.

;)

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

As indicated on the following screenshot the lightning tower should extend to above a rocket or will most likely will be ineffective. Someone else noted this when they saw it so I cant take credit for seeing it ;)

Its probably just for show regardless but the major space enthusiasts will definitely see this.

ndEdDoT.jpg

That is the low level "ball lightning" tower.  The taller lightning tower is behind the camera

15 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

This would fall so low on the priority list it’s sitting at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. 

Nah not even that, it would be sitting behind a boulder at the bottom of the Dres Canyon if it were placed in Valles Marineris.

Why don't we save ourselves the extra words and posts on the useless things and just say it's so far down on the priority list that it's right at the core of the planet?

Oh right, that's where turning KSP into an MMO is.

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Small details can make a world feel much more alive, and its not like a dev spending 30 minutes updating the sprite is going to cause a massive loss in game dev time. I think extending the thing even if its minimal would be neat. 

Agreed, so they should focus on small details that actually matter.

I am not a space enthusiast like some people. I like space. I don't love space if that makes any sense.

Some people love space and are obsessed about it will notice things like this very easily.

Definitely not a high priority but something to look at later on possibly

Just now, Drakenred65 said:

the crew boarding ramp is either not there or it somehow loads the crew through the booster.

or the ramp isn't extended?

Just now, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

On the other hand, building a ship larger than the lightning safety systems allow for is a very Kerbal thing to do.

Its worse than we think. If we want to use the tower to get a Kerbal on board it needs to extend to the height of the rocket.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:23 PM, The Aziz said:

You.. you realize this is probably one of the smallest crafts people will come up with to launch from there? The pole would have to be twice the size of the tower in some cases.

77fnv1.png