[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

1 hour ago, Toaster355 said:

This mod contains the engine mounts, inline External Tanks, and instrument ring/fairings for DIRECT launchers.

DylanSemrau's PhotonCorp provides fantastic 2, 3, 4, and 5 segment Solid Rocket Boosters and their decouplers/nosecones.
Benjee's Artemis Construction Kit provides you with the greatest looking and most accurate Orion/SLS than any other mod.
EStreetRockets also made Rocket Motor Menagerie provides you with a great RS-25 which the ORANGES engine mounts are designed for.
Bluedog Design Bureau's (I'm not even gonna both listing the devs) RS-68 is the best you're gonna get for this game if wish to recreate DIRECT v2.0. I understand the mod contains basically a trillion parts, so you can go to the Parts folder for the mod and delete the folders containting parts you do not want.
And finally, Alpha's Modular Launch Pads gives you some really nice looking pads to put your rockets on.

If it does contain those parts, what are they called? I'm having trouble finding them. I have all the mods listed here as well!

2 minutes ago, NovaRaptorTV said:

If it does contain those parts, what are they called? I'm having trouble finding them. I have all the mods listed here as well!

The RS-68 is in the Delta folder, I believe.
I am on vacation, so I do not have access to my PC but I can verify once I am home this evening.

Edited by Toaster355
Lucky number of pages

Just now, Toaster355 said:

The RS-68 is in the Delta folder, I believe.
I am on vacation, so I do not have access to my PC but I can verify once I am home this evening.

I was referring to the DIRECT related stuff. And take your time, enjoy the remainder of your vacation.

1 hour ago, ra4nd0m said:

@EStreetRockets I did a clean install of ORANGES on a new laptop and got following b9 error:

image.png?ex=654e8a59&is=653c1559&hm=e8e

This is latest version from git repo. Not from releases.

I get this error every time I start the game lol
I don't seem to have any real issues when playing though, so I just ignore it.

Would love it to be fixed though as it's pretty annoying to close.

22 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

Can you share any links or anything about the ULV, it’s such a generic name I’m having trouble finding anything about it

I too would like to know a little more about the ULV. All I can find is one picture showing it next to the space shuttle and that ULV means Unmanned Launch Vehicle. 

I've had an idea for a part that attaches to an external tank to convert it into a habitat, I was thinking about possibly trying to make a mod with this but I don't have any experience, so if it is something you think could fit this mod id be happy to share my ideas for how it could work, I know there's been some discussion of external tank stations here already