WHERES CKAN FORE KSP2?!?!

RaBDawG

19 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

If you'd like to make it happen faster, you can donate KSP2 to me here:

I'll gift it to you as a thank you for all your hard work on CKAN!  I sent you a friend request (should be from user Miley Cyrus)

Edit: gifted

Edited by lordbunson

CKAN is awesome!

My vote, if we get those things still, is to sort of separate them. With one executable, make two branches of the meta data and manage them via the game instance. Only load the repo for the base game either on the default or the one you load. That might make it easier-ish for you to maintain while allowing people to quickly launch their default and then allow them to switch back and forth without too much overhead.

That all relies on KSP2's devs sharing their planned mod structure now. Otherwise, it might have to get redone when they officially release mod structure. Unless they already have...

Homer

18 hours ago, lordbunson said:

I'll gift it to you as a thank you for all your hard work on CKAN!  I sent you a friend request (should be from user Miley Cyrus)

Edit: gifted

Thank you very much for the generous gift!

It appears that I will finally be forced to upgrade from Windows 7 to run this (unsurprising, but I fear what MS's upgrade utility will do to my Linux dual boot setup), but it has still allowed me to make some progress in understanding how to recognize a game folder and get the version:

221742022-188f1faf-a9a0-4a4d-91a6-10e813

Note that this is still very early stages! What you see above is NOT "CKAN working just fine with KSP2"! I haven't tried installing anything with it yet and there's a ton of background infrastructure stuff that I need to work out with @techman83once I can get a hold of him...

• 10 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 9:58 AM, AtomicTech said:

Calm down, please.

You're not helping anyone.

I don't understand why people are screaming "get it done!" at the very people that are getting it done.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2024 at 10:33 PM, tjm01 said:

I don't understand why people are screaming "get it done!" at the very people that are getting it done.

Some people think they are entitled to mods.  I would love to see a CKAN style manager that handles KSP2.  I tried out the game at launch, but I didn't find the wobblyness and all the other bugs funny.  I just want to start exploring, building, and having a bunch of parts that were not included with the base game.  But I'm looking and, at most, asking.  if the original person thought they were being funny...that kind of behavior might make a mod maker wonder if it's worth it.  For people who work on a project in their free time, as a hobby, we should be polite, and humble, to have access to FREE mods.

I see the dev of CKAN was in here - thank you so much.  I used CKAN to handle KSP for me, and I enjoyed the hell out of my heavily modded game.  Thanks for the effort, thanks for making hundreds of mods way more manageable.

6 hours ago, Defenestrator47 said:

I would love to see a CKAN style manager that handles KSP2.

Sorry if you already know this (it's hard to tell), but CKAN itself does now support KSP2. I just didn't come back and post an announcement on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 12:45 AM, HebaruSan said:

Sorry if you already know this (it's hard to tell), but CKAN itself does now support KSP2. I just didn't come back and post an announcement on this thread.

I did NOT know that, and thank you for informing me.  I've barely played KSP2.  I'm...waiting for it to be better.  My old grumpy butt doesn't find the bugs amusing, just angering.  I hope it keeps getting developed and improved, and to see old features return, and new features added.  I will say, what I saw of wheeled stuff did seem better, but i haven't played since a bit after launch.  (I have several thousand hours on KSP1, I even learned how to match orbits and dock from 2 launches; a triumph for this no-physics background old geek.)  Thanks again for everything, it's much appreciated.