Micro Engineer [v1.8.1 for KSP2 v0.2.1]

Falki

3 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Personally wish the text was bigger, my vision already hurts enough with the stock UI :D

There's a possibility to adjust global UI scaling in Settings -> Mods -> UITK for KSP2 -> Manual UI Scale, though be aware - this will change the scaling for all mods built with UITK.

Oh and there's scaling for stock UI as well - Settings -> User Interface -> UI Scale

1 hour ago, Falki said:

There's a possibility to adjust global UI scaling in Settings -> Mods -> UITK for KSP2 -> Manual UI Scale, though be aware - this will change the scaling for all mods built with UITK.

I completely missed this :O

Thanks for the reminder!!

Just realized after testing that Micro Engineer tanks my FPS bad for some reason. What could be causing this?

EDIT:

Demonstration of the performance impact. FPS shown in the bottom left.

https://streamable.com/jyj1te

When descending into the surface and doing other intensive tasks ingame, this results in stuttering and such, so gonna put it away for now

Edited by MARL_Mk1

v1.6.0 "The cake is a lie"

• Added 10 new entries:
    • Surface category:
      • (1) ScienceSituation: shows the current science situation; high/low orbit, atmosphere, etc.
      • (2) ScienceRegion: shows the current science region
    • Misc category:
      • (3) ScienceExperimentState: shows if there are available experiments at the current location
      • (4) AvailableSciencePoints: shows unspent science points
    • Body category:
      • (5) BodyAtmosphereMaxAltitude: altitude at which the atmosphere ends and Low Orbit begins
      • (6) BodyLowOrbitMaxAltitude: altitude at which the Low Orbit ends and High Orbit begins
      • (7) BodyHighOrbitMaxAltitude: altitude at which the High Orbit ends
    • Target category:
      • (8) Target_BodyAtmosphereMaxAltitude: same as above, but for Target
      • (9) Target_BodyLowOrbitMaxAltitude: same as above, but for Target
      • (10) Target_BodyHighOrbitMaxAltitude: same as above, but for Target
    • Replaced former "Situation" and "Biome" entries with the newly added "ScienceSituation" and "ScienceRegion" since they're more meaningful for gameplay purposes. Old entries are still available in the Edit window for those who need them.
    • Added new "For Science!" window - shows entries relevant to science accumulation
    • Added "HideWhenNoData" property to some entries to hide them when they're not relevant (e.g. new Target Atmosphere/Low/HighOrbit entries for when the target is a vessel, not a body)
    • Added support for upcoming UITK for KSP 2 changes (Window.Create(...))

NOTE: if upgrading from a previous version of Micro Engineer, newly created entries and For Science! window will NOT be automatically added. If you want them, you can either manually add them with the Edit window or just delete the MicroLayout.json file inside the plugin folder (..\BepInEx\plugins\micro_engineer) and restart the game. Also note that deleting the MicroLayout.json file will undo all customization you've done to that point (added/removed entries, created new windows, etc.)

Happy sciencing!

ipd92ou.png

Upgraded to v.1.6.0 mod doesn't work. Removing & restoring MicroLayout.json seems to have no impact. Reverting to v.1.5.0 works fine.  
Mod is visible & active in MODS main menu item.

What other checks would be recommended to get the mod working?

PS
KSP2 v. 0.2.0
SpaceWarp + BepInEx v.1.6.0
UITK for KSP2 v.2.3.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Resolved. I've found mod loading log (KSP2/BepInEx/LogOutput.log) with errors... wrong dependencies were in use (prerequirements were SpaceWarp v.1.7.0, UITK v.2.4.0). Once these are updated works again.

Edited by macike

2 minutes ago, macike said:

Upgraded to v.1.6.0 mod doesn't work. Removing & restoring MicroLayout.json seems to have no impact. Reverting to v.1.5.0 works fine.  

PS
KSP2 v. 0.2.0
UITK for KSP2 v.2.3.0

Delete and re-add entire folder?

Edited by modus

10 minutes ago, macike said:

PS
KSP2 v. 0.2.0
UITK for KSP2 v.2.3.0

Have you also updated Micro Engineer itself?

Edit: Oh I'm assuming you have, at first I thought that by "upgraded to v1.6.0" you meant the SpaceWarp version, since it's the same

Edited by munix

2 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

You deleted the Kerbal Space Program 2 folder in Steam directory after uninstalling it, as if not all of the old mod data - configurations will still be present

No, I've just deleted the MicEng mod plugin folder, downloaded it again and extracted again. Visible in MODs menu, not available in game. V. 1.5.0 works fine.

32 minutes ago, macike said:

No, I've just deleted the MicEng mod plugin folder, downloaded it again and extracted again. Visible in MODs menu, not available in game. V. 1.5.0 works fine.

Try to update UITK for KSP 2, I'm pretty sure the new version of Micro Engineer uses an API only available in version 2.4.0+. (Generally, if you have any issues with mod updates, it's a good idea to update all mods and libraries as well.)

Edited by munix

Yes, what munix stated is probably the case. WIth 1.6.0 Micro Engineer uses a new API from UITK for KSP2 for creating windows. I made a mistake of not setting the latest version of UITK for KSP2 as required; I'll do it for the next version.

v1.6.1 Optimization

• this version brings optimization to several internal components, which will boost performance in some cases
  • refresh times for entries have been increased: all entries except Stage Info now refresh at a 100 ms interval and Stage Info window refreshes every 500 ms
  • if you're still having issues with performance when the GUI is open, you can manually tweak refresh times by going to Settings -> Mods -> Micro Engineer -> Update Frequency (ms)
  • many thanks to the community that helped identify where the performance issues are and how to fix them, especially @QuiescentRabbitt, @MARL_Mk1, @munix, @ShadowDev

16 hours ago, munix said:

Try to update UITK for KSP 2, I'm pretty sure the new version of Micro Engineer uses an API only available in version 2.4.0+. (Generally, if you have any issues with mod updates, it's a good idea to update all mods and libraries as well.)

14 hours ago, Falki said:

Yes, what munix stated is probably the case. WIth 1.6.0 Micro Engineer uses a new API from UITK for KSP2 for creating windows. I made a mistake of not setting the latest version of UITK for KSP2 as required; I'll do it for the next version.

Solved. That was exactly that. I've found KSP2/BepInEx/LogOutput.log that gave me exact information which dependency needs to be updated.

Edited by macike

35 minutes ago, silvermistshadow said:

After returning my Duna landing module to the command capsule and docking, micro engineer seems to have... basically crashed. It's showing 0 or - for every value. I'd show a picture but I can't paste images directly and the forum won't tell me how to upload it here either.

If you want to post an image, it has to be a link. That means you'll have to upload to some external site like https://imgur.com and then paste the link here.

Is there a way to see the PE of the target (here 38.312m) in realtime in ME. It's always 11.400 for me on Mun. So finetunig maneuver nodes is annoying as hell as I always have to hover (and wait) over the PE Mark. 

Oy3aO.jpg

44 minutes ago, -dbv- said:

Is there a way to see the PE of the target (here 38.312m) in realtime in ME. It's always 11.400 for me on Mun. So finetunig maneuver nodes is annoying as hell as I always have to hover (and wait) over the PE Mark. 

Not related to ME, but you can just right click on the periapsis marker when it's expanded to pin it to the screen. 

Edited by munix

3 hours ago, -dbv- said:

No, there's no entry that shows that. 11.400 is Mun's AP/PE in relation to Kerbin. I also found that I wanted to see that; I'll need to see how to get it.

I don't seem to have any Micro Engineer functionality with 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 installed. When I go down to 1.5.1 I have to turn Micro Engineer OFF for it to work properly.

With Micro Engineer 1.6.1 installed, I don't see the Micro Engineer window, or the Apps button.  I went down to 1.6.0, same result.
VHfmOt6.png

I went down to 1.5.1 and got this:
exb0o3q.png

Next, I thought I turned Micro Engineer OFF, but then it appeared to be working properly (still on 1.5.1)
3CpHQK5.png
Abxyitk.png

Did you install MicE from CKAN or manually? What versions of SpaceWarp and UITK did you have installed when running with MicE v1.6.0/16.1?

Edited by Deadly_Laser
I have just realised Micro Engineer can be abbreviated as MicE and I cannot stop thinking about it.

Hmm, seems correct for MicE v1.6.0 (but not 1.6.1).  It could be a cache confusion problem. Try uninstalling all mods and deleting the "cache" folder inside BepInEx within the game directory before updating SpaceWarp, UITK and MicE to their latest versions.

Edited by Deadly_Laser