KSP2 EA now on sale for 20% off?!....

DrDrizzyT

21 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I've been watching this metric since launch, and it has been like there's a hard floor at 50 percent. Why not 49 or 47 or 52? Right at 50... not sus at all...

It’s because if you look at the actual positive reviews being made, most of them are agreeing that the game is garbage and you shouldn’t buy it yet, but they’ll give it a thumbs up because it’ll be great someday.

Some people have just lost the plot… imagine anything being reviewed based on what it COULD be and not what it currently is… sigh

Edited by OhMahDan
Screw your autocorrect

7 minutes ago, OhMahDan said:

It’s because if you look at the actual positive reviews being made, most of them are agreeing that the game is garbage and you shouldn’t buy it yet, but they’ll give it a thumbs up because it’ll be great someday.

Some people have just lost the plot… imagine anything being reviewed based on what it COULD be and not what it currently is… sigh

I was just looking at the reviews seconds before reading this post, and you're 100 percent correct. Bunches of "I totally recommend this game, but don't buy it yet."

It's either some kind of tribal allegiance-signalling display, or people trying to convince themselves they made a good purchase.

The publisher is responsible for setting sales prices and this is just standard operating procedure for them so no surprise here. It definitely will leave a bad taste for a lot of people and I don’t blame them either.  Good luck to Intercept though in the future if they ever try EA again and expect more than a handful of people to pick it up. 

Refund requested, (for protest I know I’m not getting it back), deleted and bad review left. I may not comment here much but check my profile I’ve been playing KSP for a while now. 

Back to modded KSP1 it is. When the game is cancelled maybe after the modders finish it I’ll redownload.

30 minutes ago, OhMahDan said:

Reviews on steam have been steadily declining through out the past four months, dunno what you’re looking at. It used to be 55% a month or two ago, now we’re just about breaking the 50% barrier. 

32 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

The trend is a declining one.  Nothing they have done has changed that trend.  Without a positive impact, their efforts become more harshly criticized.   

I wish steam db showed ratings over time, however what is seen is that when patches come out, ratings rise, but then patience runs thin and ratings go down. I expect we will see ratings rise relatively quickly in the short term, then go down slowly until the next update. The ratings after release weren’t really better then what we have now, for example four days after launch we saw ratings of 49.6%.

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

It has been almost exactly tracking just above 50% ... odd. Almost like there's a concerted effort to keep it there, and i'm not seeing it from tbe community. That you, T2?

31 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I've been watching this metric since launch, and it has been like there's a hard floor at 50 percent. Why not 49 or 47 or 52? Right at 50... not sus at all...

It has gone above and below by a few percents? I wish i could get proof for this (the most i have is the one above), but I dont think you can get it either so your word is as good as mine. The claim of a bot network is a really big one, and if your evidence is “the game that gets like 5 reviews a day has its reviews stayed stagnant” isn’t really convincing.

The bulk of the reviews come from like the first month of release (as there hasnt been much of a playerbase past that), so having reviews shift significantly past that will be an ongoing issue with ksp2. Hopefully they can turn the reviews around but it will be hard.

1 minute ago, Superfluous J said:

Whomever was posting KSP2 current player numbers has slacked off a bit so I'll pick up the torch, but just this once.

567 right now according to https://steamcharts.com/app/954850 but the peak earlier today was a bit higher, 729.

2 things.

1.  I thought I saw the high at 731...but I could be wrong 

2.  You changed your avatar!

I understand that KSP 2 had a rough launch. It's been plagued with bugs and issues. But regardless, you had quite a loyal fanbase purchase the early-access game on day one for $50. Most people saw that price and thought some of us were crazy for purchasing it at that price. I was the only person in my close friend group of KSP fans who bought it on day one.

Coming back to this, it stings sharply. I work at a job where people come to us after being scammed for incredible prices. Most of the time, they loved the thing that they wanted to purchase but were misled in good faith. Before I go further, I'm not saying the $50 Early Access was a scam, but seeing people hurt and betrayed at this feels relatable. 

What hurts more than anything else is that you guys claim "The EA price will continue to be the same, and then rise once 1.0 is released - as we've confirmed before."

But yet there is still this sale occurring now. More than anything else, that's what infuriates me. You can't just say that the price is going to stay the same and do a sale. I don't care if other companies do it. It's misleading to say "continue to be the same." 

I'm not going to restate much of what @Scarecrow71 said, I think it summarizes my frustrations great. But I will add that I had so much hope for this game. I deleted my old account in favor of this one, but you could have seen all the replies, theories, and website articles that I would devote to this. I would make breakdowns and post them on the Forums eager to see what I got correct. There were times when Nate would say "You got some of them right," and it would make my day. 

I just wish I had that enthusiasm and trust now.

Spoiler

Redundant after edits 

Edited by Madrocketman
I removed some things after walking away from frustration. But I still have kept most of the post...

Some of you are so focused on that "the price will be $50" that you keep ignoring this

7 hours ago, Strawberry said:

For the context of this thread, the want for a sale isnt a new thing that came out of nowhere. I read this much more as something planned in advance instead of spur of the moment panic. See:

IMG_4023.png
IMG_4022.png

1 hour ago, Madrocketman said:

What hurts more than anything else is that you guys claim "The EA price will continue to be the same, and then rise once 1.0 is released - as we've confirmed before."

But yet there is still this sale occurring now. More than anything else, that's what infuriates me. You can't just say that the price is going to stay the same and do a sale. I don't care if other companies do it. It's misleading to say "continue to be the same." 

Not mentioning the possibility of a sale (because it's such an obvious thing) ≠ saying it won't ever happen. You just confused yourself. You don't have a "don't put your hand in the boiling water" sticker on your kettle, if you can catch my allegory.

6 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

4 months into EA though?  After being told that the price won't change, and that the project is fully funded?  It just doesn't feel right.

https://steamdb.info/app/1657630/

What about 3 months? And then 4? And then 6? Once again and for the last time, sales for early access games are as if not more frequent as with full games.

8 hours ago, Dakota said:

Just a few notes:

- This sale was initially slated to be in line with the Steam Summer Sale but we decided to start it early since the patch was coming out.

- This price is not permanent and will only be available through the Steam Summer Sale.

- The EA price will continue to be the same, and then rise once 1.0 is released - as we've confirmed before.

I perfectly understand that, but to be honest i feel really bad to see this sale, i've bought the game to help and support the developpement of the game, i generally don't paid for early acess, i don't have a lot of money so i hesitate a lot. Having a sale so quickly feel painful for all your early supporter ;.;   It's a weird way to said thanks.  Stuff like that make me really sad, and don't motivate me to support the game.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Not mentioning the possibility of a sale (because it's such an obvious thing) ≠ saying it won't ever happen. You just confused yourself. You don't have a "don't put your hand in the boiling water" sticker on your kettle, if you can catch my allegory.

I respectfully disagree on it being obvious. Ksp 2 was broken at launch, and still is in many aspects. I think most people are upset with how many of them purchased it on day one in belief there would be no sales coming up for a while. 

Regarding the discord message. If they were more clear about that to everyone and not just discord users, I think some of the controversy now could have been avoided. I was on the KSP server at the time that was sent and it was hard to find anything about it considering there were thousands of new messages and posts coming in. 

$50 was asking a lot for KSP fans, that's why a sale this early (I'm aware other developers do this, but most EA games I see are way more polished before they do something like this,) rubbed a lot of loyal day-1 supports the wrong way.  

9 hours ago, OhMahDan said:

I'm pretty convinced at this point that if Steam would remove all of the "the game wiil be great someday" positive reviews and all of the off-topic reviews in general, the game will be left at 20-30% positive reviews at best. It was basically review bombed, but instead of negative reviews, we got a bunch of false positives. This community put way to much trust in this whole situation when it was glaring with red flags from the very beginning. 

10 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

I forgot to never check the Ksp 2 Forums

Also this. I don't know why I even bothered. 

11 hours ago, Turbo Ben said:

This is an insult.

I came close to refunding in February but decided to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. 4 months later the game is still unplayable, there has been zero progress on the roadmap, and now you're offering discounts.

I regret buying the game. I regret putting trust in the developers. I regret not refunding. I regret all the time I've spent researching and submitting bug reports.

Now I just feel like a mug.

I'm done.

I'm in the same boat. I am a little over the refund limit on Steam, but as you, Instead of refunding close to launch, when I could have gotten the refund for sore, I have  instead waited and waited and slowly picked up that this is going to be a years worth of wait before it is ever something worth it at the launch price.

So when I did ultimately decide to refund, even if I would have received that refund within weeks of launch, now after months of not even starting the game anymore, you can't get a refund anymore. This is why I feel tricked.

10 hours ago, Strawberry said:

The reviews have honestly stayed pretty consistent at 50%. I would not say the majority are happy with this game, but i would neither say that the majority of people are unhappy with this game, most polls done on the forums tend to have the numbers pretty split. 

https://imgur.com/a/WKt6pjE

4 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

I'm pretty convinced at this point that if Steam would remove all of the "the game wiil be great someday" positive reviews and all of the off-topic reviews in general, the game will be left at 20-30% positive reviews at best. It was basically review bombed, but instead of negative reviews, we got a bunch of false positives. This community put way to much trust in this whole situation when it was glaring with red flags from the very beginning. 

Glancing though the negative reviews half of them can be removed as well;

'It has bugs' -> Welcome to Early Access.

'I'm missing content' -> didn't read roadmap, welcome to Early Access.

'It's to expensive, I expected more' -> didn't read anything, bought it anyway, welcome to Early Access. 

Like you said, plenty of red flags from the very beginning, plenty have bought it anyway and left a negative review. Most playing the blame game without looking in the mirror.

2 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

Glancing though the negative reviews half of them can be removed as well

Yeah, basically falls under off-topic reviews. Both sides have a lot of them. Still, the game in the current state only deserves to sit at 20-30%, in my opinion. When (if) it gets better and starts to recieve content updates, then it should be reflected in reviews. 

39 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

Glancing though the negative reviews half of them can be removed as well;

'It has bugs' -> Welcome to Early Access.

The only reason to remove these reviews is to hide the truth.

45 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

'I'm missing content' -> didn't read roadmap, welcome to Early Access.

Seen as many are talking about re entry heating, could you point to where this is mentioned on the road  map?

49 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

'It's to expensive, I expected more' -> didn't read anything, bought it anyway, welcome to Early Access.

Price sets expectations. Leaving a review that your expectations were not met is a perfectly valid review. Didn't read anything? The only thing to read to find out is the reviews, and you've just said most the negative ones should be removed.

54 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

Most playing the blame game without looking in the mirror.

Ok I get it, I'm a mug. Serves me right for trusting the devs.

The fact that so many people who bought at 50 feel ripped off when price drops by less than the cost of a McDanald's "value" meal means they already felt ripped off deep down but justified it because "investment." Now, they're already underwater on the "investment" and have gotten little to no "value" out of it.

When people buy a fantastic game st full price you don't see them storm into forums and get cranky at the first steam sale...

Edited by TLTay

:angry: KSP2 is too expensive!

We put it on sale :lol:

:angry: Why would you do that!?

...    :blink:

Edited by Superfluous J

33 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

The only reason to remove these reviews is to hide the truth.

They can all stay, it does reflect the current state of the game, however buying an Early Access title and then complain about being it an Early Access title is a bit moot don't you think?

35 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

Seen as many are talking about re entry heating, could you point to where this is mentioned on the road  map?

No need, I can point you to the release notes and launch communication, where it was stated its not going to be in yet. I'm sorry, but that's another 'didn't read'

37 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

Price sets expectations. Leaving a review that your expectations were not met is a perfectly valid review.

Price may set expectations, they do not set a precedent, if you buy anything based on price expectations without doing any further investigation in what exactly you are buying, you'll get bitten often in life. The valid review tells mostly that no due diligence has been done.

47 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

Didn't read anything? The only thing to read to find out is the reviews, and you've just said most the negative ones should be removed.

There were massive red flags, even before release, plenty to see and have read upon. And I didn't say should be removed, but could be removed because of them being complaining about it being Early Access.

1 hour ago, LoSBoL said:

They can all stay, it does reflect the current state of the game, however buying an Early Access title and then complain about being it an Early Access title is a bit moot don't you think?

I have bought a couple EA games including KSP1. None have them have been this buggy not even close, and with the exception of KSP1 none of them have been this barebones but KSP1 was basically free when I bought it.

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

https://steamdb.info/app/1657630/

What about 3 months? And then 4? And then 6? Once again and for the last time, sales for early access games are as if not more frequent as with full games

You are making the assumption here that I don't understand how business works, or that I am oblivious to games going on sale regardless of whether they are EA or not.  And that assumption is wrong.

Let me be clear:  games go on sale.  Whether they are in EA or not.  I fully and wholly understand that.  I also understand that companies are in business to make money, which involves price adjustments and/or sales.

With that out of the way...

The timing of this sale is plain wrong.  We continuously get told that the price is the price, even after months of complaining that it was too high...and then on the same day a patch is released they announce a sale.  The timing is questionable at best, and downright shady at worst.  This smells of there being a problem financially with the project, and this is an attempt to boost numbers so that it doesn't get canned (even though we have been told that the project is funded for years).

I don't care about the $10.  If I was worried about $10, I'd have larger problems than needing $10.  My concern is the state of the game (continues to be buggy and, for me, mostly unplayable), coupled with the potential financial problems that come with having little to no sales for a couple of months AFTER having to refund a lot of initial sales (speculative of my part as I do not have insight into the actual sales figures).

So nice of them to tell us they were planning a 20% off sale in the summer before adding any content outside of a couple old parts from KSP1 and 1 new type of engine in a few sizes.

Everything about KSP2 smells like a con. Marketing promising features that won't be added for the next 2-3 years, the game itself being unfit for internal release let alone get an Early Access title. STeam doesn't care either, they rake in the money regardless. Corporate greed is the new KSP2 motto. Vote with your wallets, boycot this company.