KSP2 Keybinds

Intercept Games

On 7/12/2023 at 5:48 AM, Dakota said:

Notes:

• The Quickload key (Default: F9) actually has two keybind options available, Quickload and Quickload (Hold). There is an additional option in the settings that allows you to switch between the two. The Quickload (Hold) keybind will include a short pause before quickloading if enabled
  • Certain Camera Controls (Numpad, ArrowKeys) only work while in Capture Camera mode
  • F4 to toggle labels also works during EVA
  • The TimeWarp controls do not work in the VAB. This is intended
  • "R2" refers to the right mouse button

If the above Keybind Maps have an error, please respond in this thread.

If a keybind is not working as intended in-game, please submit a bug report.

Thank you for sharing these helpful keybind tips! It's great to know about the Quickload options and Camera Controls. Also, the clarification on TimeWarp and "R2" is valuable. KSP community is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there ANY way that at some point we will be able to use the ARROW KEYS for flying instead of them being hard-bound to camera controls? This is literally game breaking for me as I have always (for 10 years now) played with the arrow keys. It is also incredibly poor decision making considering left handed people struggle with this also. Just make it so we can unbind the camera from them and use them for flying. It isn't that hard in todays technology.

Is there any way the Dev team plans to make it so the CAMERA key binds on the arrow keys can be removed? It is game breaking for me and I have not been able to play the game since I bought it simply because of this huge oversight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:23 PM, Erayba said:

Is there ANY way that at some point we will be able to use the ARROW KEYS for flying instead of them being hard-bound to camera controls? This is literally game breaking for me as I have always (for 10 years now) played with the arrow keys. It is also incredibly poor decision making considering left handed people struggle with this also. Just make it so we can unbind the camera from them and use them for flying. It isn't that hard in todays technology.

Same here. Left handed and keybinds are almost gamebreaking for me also. KSP 1 should be your example of keybinding. I use a 48 key keypad with my right hand and mouse with left. I can use autohotkey to rebind some of these but some keys which i used to be able to use dont work out anymore like kerbal movement and eva jetpack controls, you used to be able to turn pack on and off and use same buttons to move now you cant.

Has anybody tried the cheat menu in Science Mode? The keyboard layout says ALT+F8 but this doesn't seem to work with either Alt key. Is this something that was turned off in Science mode and only available in Sandbox mode? I just wanted to take a look at what features were put into it and to see if there was anything that would show me the current mass of my ship. Might also have a quick workaround in there for incorrect landed state by using the teleport rather than  having to edit your game save in a text editor.

• 2 weeks later...

i do not have access to a numpad, and cannot find the listing in the key bindings section for Steering. It is a nightmare to have a vehicle with reaction wheels & actually wheels. Am i missing something? I am pretty new to this game and often feel stupid when something that should have been obvious finally presents understanding. 

Not expecting this to be planned anytime soon, but what's the likelihood of native HOTAS support by the time v1.0 releases?

Any ideas on when we could expect support, if it is already in the works?

Obviously a low one on the list, but I think there's already quite a few posts on Reddit and other forums asking about mod support for HOTAS to bridge the gap.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:16 AM, jclovis3 said:

Has anybody tried the cheat menu in Science Mode? The keyboard layout says ALT+F8 but this doesn't seem to work with either Alt key. Is this something that was turned off in Science mode and only available in Sandbox mode? I just wanted to take a look at what features were put into it and to see if there was anything that would show me the current mass of my ship. Might also have a quick workaround in there for incorrect landed state by using the teleport rather than  having to edit your game save in a text editor.

if you feel up to playing with mods.. one of the community fixes allow users to enable *debug mode which re-enables the teleport functionality in exploration mode.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:27 PM, Fizzlebop Smith said:

i do not have access to a numpad, and cannot find the listing in the key bindings section for Steering. It is a nightmare to have a vehicle with reaction wheels & actually wheels. Am i missing something? I am pretty new to this game and often feel stupid when something that should have been obvious finally presents understanding. 

There are USB external numeric keypads available for laptops if you don't have a function key that enables use of the right side letters that may have number markings on them as some laptops have. I assume you are looking for a way to put the reaction wheels in an action group to turn them on or off as needed, right? You don't need a keypad for that. The top row of numbers is used for action groups as well.

To set up action groups, use the menu with the 3x3 grid of dots to open up additional options, like resource management for moving fuel, and kerbal management for moving kerbals around between modules. Your action group options are in there. Scroll down the menu on the right and select the group number you want  to use. Then that shows up on the left with assigned actions. Your parts list is then on the right and you can expand any part and select from available actions, like toggling reaction wheels. You cannot yet adjust sliders with this though. I find it handy to use two groups to turn them on or off so I know they are all in the same state at the same time. Did this while driving around on Eeloo for a contract. Go airborne, turn reaction on. Land, turn them off only when you need to move forward or back. Reaction wheels still help with controlling your turns and rolling level.

On 12/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, Steel_Saint said:

Same here...  you used to be able to turn pack on and off and use same buttons to move now you cant.

Kerbal EVA jetpack can be toggled with R, or what ever you bound RCS to. You should be using RCS thrusters while docking anyway though smaller craft often don't need them as they can turn quickly.

These graphics are great and so are your others (the world timezone release map in particular). Props to the artists. Would be helpful for newer players to have an in-game help/glossary menu like Civilization which shows things like these graphics as well as celestial body information/lore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to triple-check staging and kerbonaut loading . . . every . . . single . . . revert.

Modlist: Alarm Clock; BepInEx; Commlines; Community Fixes; Docking Alignment Display; Flight Plan; Galaxy Tweaker; HUD; I Wish They Made UI Customizable; KerbalHeadlamp; Lux's Flames and Ornaments; Lux's OAB Extensions; Micro Engineer; Node Manager; Orbital Survey; PAIGE B Gone; Patch Manager; Science Arkive; SpaceWarp; Speedy Startup; The Nuclear Option; UITK for KSP 2; Utility Uplift; WASD For VAB

System specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / Asus NVIDIA RTX 3070 / Gigabyte Aorus X570I / Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x16 GB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...