KSP2 Keybinds

Intercept Games

• Community Manager

Notes:

• The Quickload key (Default: F9) actually has two keybind options available, Quickload and Quickload (Hold). There is an additional option in the settings that allows you to switch between the two. The Quickload (Hold) keybind will include a short pause before quickloading if enabled
  • Certain Camera Controls (Numpad, ArrowKeys) only work while in Capture Camera mode
  • F4 to toggle labels also works during EVA
  • The TimeWarp controls do not work in the VAB. This is intended
  • "R2" refers to the right mouse button

If the above Keybind Maps have an error, please respond in this thread.

If a keybind is not working as intended in-game, please submit a bug report.

Yeah about that... Anyone managed to get the Kerbal helmet lights on? Since it's listed here, I'd assume it should work but

Also

5 hours ago, Dakota said:

"R2" refers to the right mouse button

I suppose the more common acronym is RMB.

Edited by The Aziz

I'm missing the controls for a couple of things in flight;

-Changing your FOV, done with alt + middle mouse buttons scroll in KSP1

-Changing the POV, in KSP1 you could focus on a part as the center of the POV by right clicking the part and selecting as POV. Currently in KSP2 there is no means of doing this outside the VAB and the POV is set on the COM.

I'd really like to see those controls back :)

This reminds me of those keyboard stickers for Excel in the 90s.

...which after a quick Google search I found they still make today.

But anyway it made me think, if the controls were on the keys themselves you could print these on sticker paper and make a KSP2 keyboard.

(Example of the excel stickers)

Spoiler

61Tz58fklDL._AC_.jpg

Edited by Superfluous J

48 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

This reminds me of those keyboard stickers for Excel in the 90s.

...which after a quick Google search I found they still make today.

But anyway it made me think, if the controls were on the keys themselves you could print these on sticker paper and make a KSP2 keyboard.

(Example of the excel stickers)

Reveal hidden contents

61Tz58fklDL._AC_.jpg

Include one with every purchase of a jeb plushie.

On 7/12/2023 at 6:29 AM, The Aziz said:

I suppose the more common acronym is RMB.

Or Mouse_1

R2's a very odd thing to call it.

On 7/12/2023 at 1:18 AM, Dakota said:

The TimeWarp controls do not work in the VAB. This is intended

Will there be a way to at least timewarp to morning when launching from the VAB? A frustration I've kept running in to with the VAB is trying to iterate on builds launching from/reverting to the VAB but because time advances in there now it seems harder to avoid being stuck launching at night if you stay in there building for too long.

That or an option to turn off time passing in the VAB.

Just started a new campaign and this reminded me of something thats been really frustrating me. Anyone know how to translate the camera in the vab independently of the parts placed? In Ksp1 I could move my camera up and then drag the rocket up to the height I wanted it at, but now I have to move the root part up to the top of my screen then right click it to move my camera up. Even more so if I’m building a larger sized vehicle. 

I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS! Lol just hold your mouse wheel in and move your mouse up and down. Ugh that’s been bothering me so much.

What about focusing the camera on a different part on my rocket? 

And is there a way to preview extended engine bells in the VAB? I want to see the length of my vacuum engine in full before I consider putting on things like legs on a lander.

Edited by James M

7 minutes ago, James M said:

Just started a new campaign and this reminded me of something thats been really frustrating me. Anyone know how to translate the camera in the vab independently of the parts placed? In Ksp1 I could move my camera up and then drag the rocket up to the height I wanted it at, but now I have to move the root part up to the top of my screen then right click it to move my camera up. Even more so if I’m building a larger sized vehicle. 

Also what about focusing the camera on a different part on my rocket? 

Hold middle click and drag the camera up or down.

Middle click on a part to focus on it.

1 hour ago, James M said:

I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS! Lol just hold your mouse wheel in and move your mouse up and down. Ugh that’s been bothering me so much.

That has also been bothering me, I’ll have to give that a try. Although with the camera auto refocusing on parts against my will half the time, it won’t help much I am thinking. 

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

They don't have those yet (it was mentioned somewhere officially)

I'm still asking for the EVA lights though, do they work or not despite having a keybind?

I knew, like with my earlier poat about FOV and POV it was my cheeky way of saying I'm missing these features.:blush2:

[snip]

13 hours ago, Laxez said:

Could you add a shortcut to open and close the solar panels and another one for the antennas?

There's a button in the action group panel for solar panels. The rest you can add to your own action groups.

Edited by Vanamonde

5 hours ago, Laxez said:

Could you add a shortcut to open and close the solar panels and another one for the antennas?

This already exists; It can be done using action groups 1 through 0 (yes, you can have ten different things "automated" using action groups). You'll have to set them up in the VAB.

Since the original KSP, I pretty much have specific keys I use for different things. That way, I never worry about accidentally deploying anything too soon. :cool:

Trial and error is always the best teacher! :blush:

As has been mentioned- "in KSP1 you could focus on a part as the center of the POV by right clicking the part and selecting as POV.  Currently in KSP2 there is no means of doing this outside the VAB"

Can you fix this and provided a per part clink and information and not for the whole vessel as the list gets way too long!    Also the UI for the popup menu is way too large.