Bug Status [7/14]

• KSP Team

image.png

Hi all! Welcome to the first official check-in on our new bug reporting system: K.E.R.B (Kerbal End-users Report Bugs!)

We rolled out the new subforum with the release of KSP2 v0.1.3 and we're so thankful for the engagement with the system thus far. We still are looking to make improvements in the workflow, but we think overall the visibility of bugs has increased tremendously - leading to more users contributing to existing bug reports, and our QA team being able to quickly understand and replicate issues. Ultimately, this has led to reduced workload on our team so we can 100% focus on implementing fixes, as seen with the recent v0.1.3.1 and v0.1.3.2 hotfixes. Again - thank you all for your contributions! Big shoutout as well to our Bug Hunters @Anth12 and @linuxgurugamer who have massively assisted with the organization of the reports.

Current Top Issues:

# Bug Status
1 Wobbly Rockets Investigating bug reports. Internal discussions happening surrounding design implementation.
2 Orbital Decay Fix in-progress
3 Undock/Decouple/Physicsless Parts causing Crafts to Fall Apart -
4 Incorrect Maneuver on Inclination Change -
5 Graphic Glitches on AMD Hardware Investigating. Working closely with external partners.
6 Engine Sound Effects Not Playing -
7 Cannot Change Craft/Vessel Name in Tracking Station Fix in-progress
8 Camera Resets Position Map View Fix in-progress
9 AIRBRAKES Deploying on Roll Fix implemented, now testing
10 Cannot Change Symmetry While Holding Strut Investigating
11 Wobbly navball pro/retrograde markers at low relative velocities -
12 Active Vessel Pulls Craft Close when in Timewarp Fix in-progress
13 FPS Issues past clouds -
14 EC is not consumed or is produced infinitely Fixed for probe cores. Investigating other EC drain reports
15 Velocity of Target Not Displayed as Relative to Target -
16 Plane Wings Invert on Copy Paste -
17 Center of Mass/Thrust/Pressure Vectors sitting on VAB Floor -
18 Prograde/Retrograde buttons not clickable -
19 Parts Manager Scroll Wheel -
20 Control Surface Oscillation in Atmosphere -

Note: this report is not fully representative of the work our team is focused on. This is just to provide insight into our progress on the most concerning issues to our community. Additionally, the lack of a status update does not imply a lack of importance or general progress - we just do not have anything to share at this time.

Thank you all!

also, what's an "Enduser"?

17 minutes ago, Intercept Games said:

Hi all! Welcome to the first official check-in on our new bug reporting system: K.E.R.B (Kerbal Endusers Report Bugs!)

• Community Manager
Just now, Clayel said:

aw, whyd you get rid of the upvotes for each bug report? that was a nice touch

Our internal reports still include the upvotes. Publicly, we just wanted to make sure certain issues weren't being upstaged by others that the community is more passionate about. It's all subjective, right? Some players may think that, for example, issue #6 is a non-problem but #9 is a show-stopper - but if they see that issue #6 has 3x the amount of votes #9 has, they don't feel like their issue is important to the community and, thus, the team. Hopefully that helps.

Just now, Clayel said:

also, what's an "Enduser"?

Product Development Term, basically another word for a player. I wanted to make the acronym work, okay?!?

Can we get an official statement regarding the PQS issues that plague driving, especially on Kerbin? Like phantom walls and wheels being catapulted off the ground?

I'm assuming this is something you all expect to be fixed/worked on once CBT has been implemented but I haven't heard anything concrete.

Thanks.

• Community Manager
31 minutes ago, Delay said:

Okay, OKAY Dakota, calm down!

honestly it's just so i can continuously make the joke:

"thanks for helping us....K.E.R.B (curb) these bugs"

6 hours ago, debdeb said:

Will we be reciveing an UpNate next week?

Please no.  I prefer the straight forward no nonsense, 'this is what's done/not done' weeklies to...what the other stuff was.  My colon has meen sufficiently fumigated by reading those to last me a century.

Edited by RocketRockington

18 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

Please no.  I prefer the straight forward no nonsense, 'this is what's done/not done' weeklies to...what the other stuff was.  My colon has meen sufficiently fumigated by reading those to last me a century.

For my money, the most useful/interesting IG content tends to be (in decreasing order):

- Patch Notes

- Bug status reporting and patch Predictions

- Longer term dev work and roadmap development 

- Dev diaries for either of the above (far more interesting to have a deep dive but it takes more effort to create so typically covers less ground. Still more please if someone has the capacity and something really interesting to talk about)

- Challenges and Community Highlights vaguely entertaining but I don't have much free time to engage with them ATM)

- AMA (tend to be a bit short on new information)

7 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

My colon has meen sufficiently fumigated by reading those to last me a century.

What are you saying Rocket? Nate's posts are high in fiber? ;-)

6 hours ago, KUAR said:

For my money, the most useful/interesting IG content tends to be (in decreasing order):

- Patch Notes

- Bug status reporting and patch Predictions

- Longer term dev work and roadmap development 

- Dev diaries for either of the above (far more interesting to have a deep dive but it takes more effort to create so typically covers less ground. Still more please if someone has the capacity and something really interesting to talk about)

- Challenges and Community Highlights vaguely entertaining but I don't have much free time to engage with them ATM)

- AMA (tend to be a bit short on new information)

Personally, I like the UpNates for getting a sense of the creative direction and glimpses of roadmap work, but I agree that the patch notes and the bug status are dense in information. The dev diaries are very interesting for real depth and insights into what's going on, too. It's all good, and all of these have an important place in communicating from IG to our player and modding communities.

I think IG has been really improving on communication lately, and this new KERB reporting is a great example. I like how this aspect of our community is evolving, though I'm a bit concerned if we've lost the ability to upvote bug reports. I found that to be a very useful way to say "Me too!" without needing to write up a whole bug report post if the OP had captured it well already.

38 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

I think IG has been really improving on communication lately, and this new KERB reporting is a great example. I like how this aspect of our community is evolving, though I'm a bit concerned if we've lost the ability to upvote bug reports. I found that to be a very useful way to say "Me too!" without needing to write up a whole bug report post if the OP had captured it well already.

Aww. That was my favourite part of the big forum update! :( I would cruise through occasionally and upvote issues i was also experiencing. I helped to see which issues were more or less common to run into.

16 hours ago, Dakota said:

Our internal reports still include the upvotes. Publicly, we just wanted to make sure certain issues weren't being upstaged by others that the community is more passionate about.

Real bad look there, no matter what bug was at the top it reeks of, at the very least, manipulation even if in reality you were far from that.

2 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Real bad look there, no matter what bug was at the top it reeks of, at the very least, manipulation even if in reality you were far from that.

You can literally click on the bug report Hyperlinks and see the upvotes. 

Or can only I see upvotes or something?

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, schlosrat said:

though I'm a bit concerned if we've lost the ability to upvote bug reports. I found that to be a very useful way to say "Me too!" without needing to write up a whole bug report post if the OP had captured it well already.

Unsure how this got misconstrued. The upvoting system isn't going away and is core to the success of K.E.R.B.

19 hours ago, Dakota said:

Our internal reports still include the upvotes. Publicly, we just wanted to make sure certain issues weren't being upstaged by others that the community is more passionate about. It's all subjective, right? Some players may think that, for example, issue #6 is a non-problem but #9 is a show-stopper - but if they see that issue #6 has 3x the amount of votes #9 has, they don't feel like their issue is important to the community and, thus, the team. Hopefully that helps.

So glad to hear this isn't the case! Thanks for clarifying.

If I misconstrued it, that was because @Clayelasked why you got rid of the upvotes, and then you replied that you still have them internally. and went on to give what appeared to be an argument for not having an upvote system. I took that to mean that you have the data for the upvotes internally, but that on the public-facing side, they were gone now. If that's not the case, then that's a good thing!

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

So glad to hear this isn't the case! Thanks for clarifying.

If I misconstrued it, that was because @Clayelasked why you got rid of the upvotes, and then you replied that you still have them internally. and went on to give what appeared to be an argument for not having an upvote system. I took that to mean that you have the data for the upvotes internally, but that on the public-facing side, they were gone now. If that's not the case, then that's a good thing!

Gotcha! Could have it explained it better myself. Nothing is changing about the K.E.R.B. system as it is today, other than some UI changes once we get them locked in. A future version of the subforum will allow you sort all of the reports by votes, autogenerating this list.

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

You can literally click on the bug report Hyperlinks and see the upvotes. 

Or can only I see upvotes or something?

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

Unsure how this got misconstrued. The upvoting system isn't going away and is core to the success of K.E.R.B.

I'm now realizing y'all meant the upvotes on the bug report (which I don't ever remember seeing, are these posted somewhere else?) and not on the support subforum. Full blame on me and maybe whoever else got it wrong.