Pictures You Can Hear

AlamoVampire

This is inspired by a video compilation I saw. In it was a picture and it had a caption: They say you cant hear pictures. Then the picture? Airwolf. Yes, yes you can hear pictures. Me? I heard both the shows theme AND the sound of Airwolf itself. 

So whats the goal here? Share pictures of things that will evoke a sound or set of sounds to someone. Each poster should post what sound(s) the image(s) evoke as well as an image or two (gifs if silent work too) for others to hear!

Ill get us rolling!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF3FMnUAPi3Olq75UPLvI

giphy_P5EUwFmXQS.gif?auto=format,compres

So, now what do you hear looking at these and what will we hear in your pictures/gifs?

10 hours ago, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

Off topic but I just realised that the A-10's design is actually kinda weird

• Engines mounted high and to the rear to minimize foreign-object ingestion when operating from unpaved or damaged runways, and mounted in independent pods to minimize the chance of one hit taking out both engines.
  • Twin vertical stabilizers for redundancy in case of damage (along with redundant hydraulics on everything internally, but you can't really see that).
  • Oversized landing gear to minimize ground pressure, again for operating out of unimproved landing fields.
  • Straight, oversized wings to maximize lift and fuel capacity for high payload and extended loiter time.

Did I miss anything? :) The plane was designed from the ground up to destroy Soviet tanks in Western Europe.

Here is a picture I can hear just by looking at it:

e5c7c86718a07a95b6bfdf81e7eb165c--steam-

(Not my engine room, but close enough.)

Won't ever forget the sound standing between the main engines while the boat was running at ahead flank.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, TheSaint said:
  • Engines mounted high and to the rear to minimize foreign-object ingestion when operating from unpaved or damaged runways, and mounted in independent pods to minimize the chance of one hit taking out both engines.
  • Twin vertical stabilizers for redundancy in case of damage (along with redundant hydraulics on everything internally, but you can't really see that).
  • Oversized landing gear to minimize ground pressure, again for operating out of unimproved landing fields.
  • Straight, oversized wings to maximize lift and fuel capacity for high payload and extended loiter time.

Did I miss anything? :) The plane was designed from the ground up to destroy Soviet tanks in Western Europe.

Here is a picture I can hear just by looking at it:

e5c7c86718a07a95b6bfdf81e7eb165c--steam-

(Not my engine room, but close enough.)

Won't ever forget the sound standing between the main engines while the boat was running at ahead flank.

Engines is well separated from each other and fuselage. Minimizing chance of  an heat seeking missile in the engine does more than destroy the engine. 
Separation is important then you might take damage, also the reason the Queen Elizabeth carriers has two islands / towers. They wanted to separate the two engine rooms so they needed two funnels, so two towers, forward for steering second from flight operation. 

And who ship is that? 

Edited by magnemoe

On 7/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, TheSaint said:

Won't ever forget the sound standing between the main engines while the boat was running at ahead flank

I read this and remember 'hearing' the boat through my HEELS!  - absolutely visceral memory. 

Also... I can smell that picture. 

Here's one:

agriculture_extra_2.jpg?anchor=center&mo

Guys, please say what sound or sounds the image or images of the post above yours evokes then post an image or two for the next member to respond to. That said the image above evokes a wind rushing sound with a hint of blowtorch. 

I resupply the OP images in hopes of getting this back on track.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF3FMnUAPi3Olq75UPLvIgiphy_P5EUwFmXQS.gif?auto=format,compres