Starfield Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What are your intentions regarding the upcoming game Starfield

• Already bought it
    • Will buy it upon release
    • Will wait for a bit to let bugs be found and fixed
    • Not planning on getting it
    • Will decide to buy once I see the reviews

I've seen a number of references to Starfield, and I am one of those people waiting for it to release.  I'll be posting a poll with this, feel free to respond and talk about it.

Starfield_JourneySpace_Wallpaper_5654x2763-01.jpg?q=70&fm=webp

It's a Bethesda game, their first new universe in 25 years

Steam page is here:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/Starfield/

I'm really excited about it, I've played Fallout 4, but looking forward to the new worlds to be found and explored

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield

If you have any additional questions or options to the existing question(s), post below and I'll add them

Edited by linuxgurugamer

With unkillable guards and immortal cloned kids from Little Lamp Light Whiterun Uncanny Valley, looking at you with their doll eyes from behind the helmet visor.

Hope, there is a mesmetron and slave collars from Fallout or slavery mods from Skyrim, to rid their world from this evil spawn.

Edited by kerbiloid

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've seen a number of references to Starfield, and I am one of those people waiting for it to release.  I'll be posting a poll with this, feel free to respond and talk about it.

Starfield_JourneySpace_Wallpaper_5654x2763-01.jpg?q=70&fm=webp

It's a Bethesda game, their first new universe in 25 years

Steam page is here:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/Starfield/

I'm really excited about it, I've played Fallout 4, but looking forward to the new worlds to be found and explored

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield

If you have any additional questions or options to the existing question(s), post below and I'll add them

After KSP 2, I think I'm done with the whole, "Man! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME; I'VE GOTTA GET IT DAY ONE!!!!

I'm gonna wait until we get some reviews before I get it so maybe day two purchase?

24 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

After KSP 2, I think I'm done with the whole, "Man! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME; I'VE GOTTA GET IT DAY ONE!!!!

I'm gonna wait until we get some reviews before I get it so maybe day two purchase?

I would agree, and while I expect bugs, Bethesda does have a decent rep of fixing bugs, so I bit the bullet  and bought it when I got a discount

2 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

The answer I was looking for in the poll was "Will decide to buy once I see the reviews." I've recently learned it the hard way.

Just added that

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

I normally don't pre-purchase, I think this is the 4th game I've done that.   I got KSP 2 for free, so it doesn't count, although I probably would have, I was equally excited.

An older one (shudder) I did was Duke Nukem Forever, one of the most horrible games I ever saw & played.  I forced myself to play it through, but god was it awful.  Took a long time before I got over that :D 

Yeah, looking forward to this one.  It's included with GamePass so it's already downloaded and ready to go on my PC.  I tinkered with Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen this year as I have not played much of this genre.  Hoping Starfield is as immersive as it looks.

Edited by Joker58th

I am looking forward to it with guarded optimism. Apparently the lead producer, Todd Howard, has said in interviews that it is heavily influenced by the Traveller TTRPG, which made my ears prick up since I've been playing Traveller for around forty years. But I'm still going to wait and see what it looks like when it comes out before I put money down on it.

Edit: Speak of the devil:

Starfield owes its existence to Traveller, one of the first tabletop RPGs

Edited by TheSaint

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Duke Nukem Forever, one of the most horrible games I ever saw & played.

Aaaah yes, Duke Nukem Forever.  Now I remember. 
The only game launch that, for now, surpasses KSP2 in a negative way, but of course, that’s just my opinion. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

4 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Aaaah yes, Duke Nukem Forever.  Now I remember. 
The only game launch that, for now, surpasses KSP2 in a negative way, but of course, that’s just my opinion. 

I woudn't go quite that far.  What about No Man's Sky (which I did not get), and there are others.

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I woudn't go quite that far.  What about No Man's Sky (which I did not get), and there are others.

NMS even 6 months after launch was less talk and more updates, including content updates.

Not only that but I'll eat my hat and socks if we will ever see an honest apology along with a real explanation of this launch, let alone an expansion to KSP2 released for free for the poor souls who bought the game expecting we will actually progress through the roadmap at a very decent pace (their statements, not mine).
In the meantime NMS did so with several feature packed expansions across several years, who were released for free, and they still do it today, many years since launch. Sure, NMS launched bad too, everyone screws up, but what separates boys from men is how you handle it afterwards and if you own up or finger point or just pretend it didn't happen. Which is why I bought NMS on every platform I own to support that kind of attitude and respect towards players.

IMHO KSP2 is already too late to be a story similar to NMS, but time will tell. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

I bought Starfield pre-order.. now I've seen in-game footage of the planets and reviews. The game is looter-shooter-RPG, it doesn't scratch my realistic space exploration itch. I've asked for a refund and I've decided to do another KSP 1 playthrough with the newest visual mods.

On 8/31/2023 at 7:52 PM, kerbiloid said:

Wow! They have added a Russian character!

https://socialbites.ca/tech-scifi/356841.html

Hide contents

ab971d9e923e-vladimir-sall-starfield.jpg

Looks so much authentically!

Stranger things have happened - Festival children, et cetera.

That said, after the removal of homages to Gagarin and Tereshkova from a trailer, I wasn't looking forward to unstringing my purse, and at any rate...

This item is currently unavailable in your region

I shall thoroughly respect the choice of the creator who doesn't want my money.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.