[1.12.5] Kerbal Star Systems 2 [1.0.2] - Reborn, Reimagined, Ready for the stars! [13 June 2024]

StarCrusher96

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing mod! I checked out the planets for a while and they're all super high quality, zero complaints from me. 

However, I noticed that Kcalbeloh is apparently compatible.. but I wasn't able to get it working, even after following the instructions. The game just hangs on an infinite spinning loading screeen on the bottom right, before getting to the main menu. Without this, it loads just fine. And without Kcalbeloh, it also works fine.. so.. yeah. Unless I'm missing something here. I'm also using the patch for the volumetric clouds on that, if that matters. And using Rescale 5.4x (though rescale works fine with this).

I would love to see proof that you have supposedly copyrighted this mod. I checked your github and it lists your location as Belgium. I checked the Benelux Office of Intellectual Properties and "Kerbal Star Systems", "Kerbal Star Systems 2" and each of them minus the word "Kerbal". There are zero results.

Due to this, you are not able to actually use the All Rights Reserved license and should change it

also you can't just edit the post to say Some Rights Reserved, that still has the prerequisite of you being the copyright owner, which you are not

38 minutes ago, AaronDoesSpace said:

I would love to see proof that you have supposedly copyrighted this mod. I checked your github and it lists your location as Belgium. I checked the Benelux Office of Intellectual Properties and "Kerbal Star Systems", "Kerbal Star Systems 2" and each of them minus the word "Kerbal". There are zero results.

Due to this, you are not able to actually use the All Rights Reserved license and should change it

also you can't just edit the post to say Some Rights Reserved, that still has the prerequisite of you being the copyright owner, which you are not

Thank you for your concern. Allow me to clarify a few points:

1. **Copyright Protection**: Copyright protection is automatic upon creation and doesn't necessitate formal registration, applicable globally, including in Belgium.

2. **Scope of Ownership**: I don't claim ownership over Kerbal Space Program or any other mods. The "All/Some Rights Reserved" statement pertains solely to the original content I created for my mod. However, due to the negative connotations associated with this statement and the reactions it has elicited, I've been advised to change the name. 

I'll research this matter further tomorrow and make any necessary changes. In the meantime, all downloads are suspended to minimize any potential damage. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

What the hell! @StarCrusher96 is a person of integrity, with a love for this game that we all share.  This disdainful, business of calling him to task, over such nit-picky nonsense, is a disgrace to the modding spirit. Shame on those who stoop so low.

Edited by Observe

A number of needlessly harsh and insulting comments have been removed. If you think something is a problem, just report it. There's no need to insult and attack a fellow forum member. 

Thread closed for review. 

• 3 weeks later...

Further off-topic posts removed. Folks, please don't make things personal, which includes gossiping about anyone. If you have a concern about anyone's behavior that you believe is rule-breaking, kindly report it to the moderators and we'll have a look. It's what we're for.  Otherwise, other people's business is none of yours.

Also, please don't try to tell anyone else what to do or not to do. This is called "backseat moderating" and is not allowed.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 3:58 PM, moyashii said:

Amazing mod! I checked out the planets for a while and they're all super high quality, zero complaints from me. 

However, I noticed that Kcalbeloh is apparently compatible.. but I wasn't able to get it working, even after following the instructions. The game just hangs on an infinite spinning loading screeen on the bottom right, before getting to the main menu. Without this, it loads just fine. And without Kcalbeloh, it also works fine.. so.. yeah. Unless I'm missing something here. I'm also using the patch for the volumetric clouds on that, if that matters. And using Rescale 5.4x (though rescale works fine with this).

i've also encountered the same issue, although for me i don't have rescale. has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix to this? desperately need this system mod as i'm trying to maintain a consistent aesthetic with my savegame and, while grannus expansion pack is a LOVELY mod, it doesn't have configs for volumetric clouds (yet?).

• 2 weeks later...

Is KSS incompatible with Niako's Kopernicus Utilities? Whenever I have both mods in my gamedata I get kopernicus errors. Is there a workaround for this? I use other mods that have Niako's Utilities as a dependency, so I'd rather not have to delete it.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, rheaunderstars said:

Is KSS incompatible with Niako's Kopernicus Utilities? Whenever I have both mods in my gamedata I get kopernicus errors. Is there a workaround for this? I use other mods that have Niako's Utilities as a dependency, so I'd rather not have to delete it.

KSS2 also relies on it, so I'm not sure why it's causing errors. Could you provide me with an excerpt of these errors so I can investigate further?

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hola!

dumdum question here- when you say that “OPM Parallax” is incompatible, does that refer to Outer Planets Mod configs for Parallax or something else?

Sorry

Edited by CarlSaganT3
Accidentally posted mid-typing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Kudos @StarCrusher96, this mod looks awesome!

I am having trouble making this mod work, it looks amazing and it all seems to be fine, I can see the new system in the tracking station and everything. The problem comes with the solar panels. They no longer have the option to extend or retract, and they do not longer orient towards kerbol. I started a new sandbox game with the base KSS2 install as per instructions in github, and run into this issue. I read in other threads this can be caused by kopernicus. I tried deleting the solarpanels.cfg from kopernicus folder since I found one in the KSS 2 folder, but it did not make a difference. I am using kopernicus 1.12.1-212 and KSS2 1.0.3 and the required / recommended mods by KSS 2. Any ideas?

On 8/23/2024 at 9:11 AM, Tazalvater said:

Hi,

Kudos @StarCrusher96, this mod looks awesome!

I am having trouble making this mod work, it looks amazing and it all seems to be fine, I can see the new system in the tracking station and everything. The problem comes with the solar panels. They no longer have the option to extend or retract, and they do not longer orient towards kerbol. I started a new sandbox game with the base KSS2 install as per instructions in github, and run into this issue. I read in other threads this can be caused by kopernicus. I tried deleting the solarpanels.cfg from kopernicus folder since I found one in the KSS 2 folder, but it did not make a difference. I am using kopernicus 1.12.1-212 and KSS2 1.0.3 and the required / recommended mods by KSS 2. Any ideas?

I may be having a similar issue with warnings from B9 for Near Future Solar and Sterling when  KSS2 is installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ofa6pkp33scvk2mr2hbxu/KSP.log?rlkey=06sns1pktqf6yakouhz2pezlo&st=cc186dcl&dl=0

Screenshot-1.png

On 8/28/2024 at 5:21 AM, zangonoid said:

I may be having a similar issue with warnings from B9 for Near Future Solar and Sterling when  KSS2 is installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ofa6pkp33scvk2mr2hbxu/KSP.log?rlkey=06sns1pktqf6yakouhz2pezlo&st=cc186dcl&dl=0

Screenshot-1.png

I was having the same exact issue with the new Kopernicus version. Solved it simply by deleting the file KSS2_MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg fom GameData\KSS2\Configs\.

It seems they have implemented a better solution to handle multiple star systems, and KSS2 is including the old config.

15 hours ago, SayWhat said:

LoadingScreen_8.png?ex=66e07eaa&is=66df2
in this loading screen can anyone tell me what mod is used for the shield on the craft in it?

Old Galaxies Unbound Parts. No longer available but I like to use them from time to time.

@JadeOfMaar made them back in the day. I recommend their new work instead.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/219609-1125-sterling-systems-v0402-aug-14-2024/

Edited by StarCrusher96