What happened to increased communication?

And confirmed no KERB this week.  1 month since last KERB would be Thursday the 11th, but Darrin confirmed it is once a month...and they aren't sure when the first one will drop under that cadence.

Usually they announce patch updates on Fridays and then plan to release them on Tuesdays (if there aren't delays). I get excited each Friday but I just keep telling myself that each Friday that goes by without an announcement of a patch is one week closer to the week that the new patch is out. I am very curious to see how much will be in this next patch, hopefully it will be enough to help the moral of the community.

Don't care about kerbs as long as community votes remain the same - and over two months after a patch they're unlikely to change as we saw in the last three reports. The next one won't bring anything new whatsoever. If only they would swap the "no change" lines with others below top20 votes that did change (which I asked for twice already)...

Just give me an approximate for 0.2.2, is it within a month, or in June?

No news is good news then. Being sad isn't working so I will adopt this stance for awhile.

14 hours ago, Presto200 said:

Usually they announce patch updates on Fridays and then plan to release them on Tuesdays (if there aren't delays). I get excited each Friday but I just keep telling myself that each Friday that goes by without an announcement of a patch is one week closer to the week that the new patch is out. I am very curious to see how much will be in this next patch, hopefully it will be enough to help the moral of the community.

I love a healthy does of optimism. Thanks 

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

I am a bit disappointed that there is no KERB this week.  I was incorrectly operating under the assumption that it'd be 1 month from the last one, and that is entirely on me.  Thankfully I was able to get clarification in the Discord yesterday, which has reset my expectations of when to, well, expect something.  I'm trying to stay positive here, but I won't lie.

I honestly felt the same way for a long time.

I belief this was related to the stages of grief in some way. Yes, I realize I have an unhealthy love of KSP1. 

It replaced hard drugs for me, and I have a tendency to go big or stay the F away.

I try very hard to curb my frustrations when speaking on the forums. I feel I do a poor job at times, but I desperately want this game to be *better*.

I honestly though being vocal on the various platforms would be the way to achieve this.

I now feel waves of apathy and think I am approaching the point where my enthusiasm has filly been eroded.

Currently I am playing on about a dozen EA titles and feel the majority of those titles maintained the spirit of EA. 

Seeing a couple of those games have hurdles with this same dynamic did offer me hope. Lately, it just seems to deepen my frustrations.

2 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I try very hard to curb my frustrations when speaking on the forums. I feel I do a poor job at times, but I desperately want this game to be *better*.

I honestly though being vocal on the various platforms would be the way to achieve this.

I now feel waves of apathy and think I am approaching the point where my enthusiasm has filly been eroded.

I feel you. That heavy-handed bloodbath by the moderators on the Dev blog thread has pretty much taken all the  wind out of my sails, and I won't be seen here again for quite a while.

@Fizzlebop Smith @herbal space program

i hear both of you. I came back from my hiatus just to see if there was an update on the KERB. Saw the bloodbath and communicated it to Dakota. Like two comments were saved by him but a ton of on topic, not rude, criticism is still removed, a few comments hilariously so where the majority of the comment (the criticism) was removed but the short preamble listing what the commenter was appreciative was left giving an entirely misleading and entirely opposite depiction of the commenter’s response to the dev diary.

I appreciate Dakota’s quick response and action but it’s hard to not get the impression that IG is ok with heavy handed and slanted moderation here, which just shows that my first response to that dev diary that I wanted to take a break from KSP2 interaction was correct.

12 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

I feel you. That heavy-handed bloodbath by the moderators on the Dev blog thread has pretty much taken all the  wind out of my sails, and I won't be seen here again for quite a while.

Exactly the same thing here. I have no interest in contributing to a forum if posts are going to be removed by moderators like that.

Removing posts that include personal attacks is one thing, but removing genuine criticism about the path of development? That's bang out of order, it's blatant censorship.

I’ve taken it to Dakota. I feel really the only option is if more people take this issue to the Discord so Dakota and Mike see it.

Five pages were removed. Not just moved to the ea grand discussion thread straight up deleted. After a different mod had already been babysitting the thread and let those five pages stand.

I'm guessing the last few comments will also be removed by the same mod for being off-topic, but what should you  expect from a forum run by the publishers? It's like expecting certain news organizations to be fair and balanced. 

So anyway....when can we expect actual meaningful and transparent communication from the CMs? 

Edited by calabus2

1 minute ago, moeggz said:

I’ve taken it to Dakota. I feel really the only option is if more people take this issue to the Discord so Dakota and Mike see it.

It's hard for me to believe that Dakota really wanted all that content deleted , considering he said in that very thread that it was important for us to keep telling them what we want, which is what I feel I  was doing, without being rude or disrespectful,  even though it was not on-topic for that thread. I've spent over 400 hours playing KSP2 now, in spite of all the frustrating problems, and I was really just trying to explain what the truly pressing issues  are that  cause innocent but fluffy posts like the Dev blog in question to get met with groans rather than cheers.  I even stood up for the blog post's author, because this is clearly not their fault.  Anyway, if they don't want my insights because these issues have been "talked to death", then I will spend my precious free time doing something that feels less pointless. Hopefully when I come back after taking a break for a few months, it will be to a different kind of party.

I don’t think he did. Some of his own comments were deleted. But the thread is unlocked and most of them remain deleted, so I think it’s appropriate to communicate clearly to Dakota how we as a community feel about that degree of moderation where opinions are silenced.

edit strikeout inaccuracy. None of dakotas comments were removed

Edited by moeggz
Innacurcy stroke out

It's kinda fair. They wanted discussion, but not that discussion, the same way we wanted communication, but not that communication. I'm not gonna discuss moderator actions because that's obviously outside the rules, so take it to Dakota directly.

Word of advice: don't bother. I've gone up to IG support, not a single person outside the mods here care about the forum, so you can only complain about the mods to the mods themselves... and guess which side they pick.

44 minutes ago, calabus2 said:

So anyway....when can we expect actual meaningful and transparent communication from the CMs? 

Mike indicated on Discord yesterday that he is trying to get their internal calendar in order, after which they will let us know.  Beyond that, anything anyone says is speculation.

36 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

considering he said in that very thread that it was important for us to keep telling them what we want,

What is really disheartening is that I responded directly to his comment, asking him what else they want us to say that we haven't said in the last year...and my response was deleted.  Why?  It was on topic to something a moderator said, and it wasn't an attack.

I'm about done.  I've given the reasons why I'm not playing KSP2 right now, I've been civil, I've asked questions and have tried to engage in a positive way to get some answers.  And instead of discussion, the mods decided silencing is a better option.

I'll stick with KSP1 at this point, and I will check back in on KSP2 in a few months.

@PDCWolfYeah the off topic comments the last day and a half or so I get. I’m specifically referring to the on topic, within the rules, critical responses to the dev diary that were removed.

Edited by moeggz

10 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Mike indicated on Discord yesterday that he is trying to get their internal calendar in order, after which they will let us know.  Beyond that, anything anyone says is speculation.

All that sprint planning... All that 'community work' that was going on behind the scenes... What was it for? The seem to do so much prep work but when it comes time to release, it's "duck into the shodows for more prep work" time.

The whole debacle stinks... I couldn't imagine a more poorly implemented EA process, amaturish at the absolute best! One mod had it covered and if they can't even agree between themselves what is fair to post, what on earth is the point in this process? Every discussion is derailed, moved or simply shut down unless it's high praise lately... All the community and moderation team available and the thing they do the most is delete discussions. Meh.

If you want an EA then treat it like one, if you don't... Then call it a full release and give us the upcoming parts as free updates... Put an end to this charade of incomptence.

4 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

If you want an EA then treat it like one, if you don't... Then call it a full release and give us the upcoming parts as free updates...

You hit the nail on the head. 
You can’t do an EA without truly involving the community through open and honest communication and without engaging with feedback in a timely matter, regardless if you like the feedback or not. 

You simply can’t have an EA while ignoring the community (or communicating opaque and ambiguous like a big corporation) or acting as if one medium is more important than the other (discord vs forum). 

5 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

If you want an EA then treat it like one, if you don't... Then call it a full release and give us the upcoming parts as free updates... Put an end to this charade of incomptence.

Hear, hear!

6 hours ago, herbal space program said:

It's hard for me to believe that Dakota really wanted all that content deleted , considering he said in that very thread that it was important for us to keep telling them what we want, which is what I feel I  was doing

Lol, they are tricking you. they don't give two excrements what we think. They have it all "planned out" already

Well I'm out.

There's no point suggesting anything as it won't be listened to. This is only EA in that it was released before being ready. The rest of the typical EA process is being ignored. 

There's no point submitting the same bug reports because they'll only work on what they deem necessary and not on others. Even if the community are asking for things repeatedly. 

There's no point having any opinion other than positive or they'll just delete it. Especially as they've heard it all before. 

There's no point trying to challenge these decisions as they'll just delete that too because censorship is better than change. 

There's no point me even posting this as they'll probably delete it too. 

I've waited a long time for a full price game that has not delivered and shows little sign of being what I expected anyway. My initial excitement and optimism has gone.

Excellent work development team and moderators. 

Game uninstalled. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.