Some Improvements on the Way

48 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Posts like this are why we need an upvote mechanic.  I literally dropped what I was eating and laughed at this.

I literally loled. Need a little humor right now, thanks for that Vanamonde that was well played.

9 hours ago, dprostock said:

Two years ago I was censured when I said that the failure to meet the deadlines was a terrible omen.

Finally they realized that they were financing a "Black Hole" and were only receiving promises and new and unfulfilled dates. 

They failed, simple as that. And they miraculously managed to extend the fantasy for another year, enough to pay for the trip along with the hotel, make corporate videos and justify travel expenses.

They quintupled (and I'm falling short) the original Latin American team that developed KSP1, and sold the idea of the multiplayer concept knowing that they DIDN'T HAVE A PLAN AT ALL ON THAT SUBJECT. 

They finally realized and discovered them.

Now come and suspend my account like you did then. I WAS RIGHT. 

THE END.

Where did this come from?

4 hours ago, dprostock said:

the people who moderated already have their checks and are emptying the desks.  

The volunteer moderation staff or the hired folks?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiwdti0k-ShhV6pe564I8

Kids, you were sold this, you put money into this.

Because you guys put money in, ok?

I laugh at the situation and sincerely enjoy it. 

spider-man-j-jonah-jameson.gif

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Where did this come from?

The volunteer moderation staff or the hired folks?

Know what? Think it’s a disgrace they have volunteer run forums for a 50$ EA owned by a major corporation . 
kudos for the volunteers but I wouldn’t do it anymore for free. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

1 hour ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Know what? Think it’s a disgrace they have volunteer run forums for a 50$ EA owned by a major corporation . 

Nah it's better that we're the ones running and moderating our community. There are those of us who are more selfless and want to give back to the community in any way they can. That's why we have our mods (our beloved @Vanamonde and co.)!

3 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Nah it's better that we're the ones running and moderating our community. There are those of us who are more selfless and want to give back to the community in any way they can. That's why we have our mods (our beloved @Vanamonde and co.)!

Mmmm....

How much money are we talking about monthly? 

Who is the owner of the page? How much do you sell it for? 

4 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Nah it's better that we're the ones running and moderating our community.

Hard disagree here.  A self-moderated community only works when all members are treated equally.  And we can all agree that this is not the case here.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Hard disagree here.  A self-moderated community only works when all members are treated equally.  And we can all agree that this is not the case here.

Where is this coming from?

2 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Mmmm....

How much money are we talking about monthly? 

Who is the owner of the page? How much do you sell it for? 

?

24 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

one-million-dollars-dr-evil-austin-power

Mmmm....

I don't see why not... Which KSP2 is dead means nothing.  Aren't movies still being made about the bad boys of 1939-1945? Aren't they still paying dividends? 

22 hours ago, Westinghouse said:

His reputation is in pieces

Lol, I can't help it...what reputation? I'm not being mean, or to kick him while he's down; he has a proven track record of not being able to execute.

22 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

this is why the scam succeeded

Precisely! The excrements show that is KSP2 isnt a bug, its a feature. The game was never supposed to get good. Thats why its all eye candy and sound with no substance. Its an impulse buy "well KSP was a good game, lets try the sequel!"

20 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

100% certainty

Face facts: for all intents and purposes, it is 100%. Like are you going to tell me that they haven't had internet to post a proper response or something? They are radio silent on purpose.

17 hours ago, dprostock said:

my money

Sir, are you suggesting that some scalliwags might not have paid for their copy of KSP2? Heavens to Betsy! How could anyone not back the well-oiled machine that is KSP2 development?

15 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING CHECKS ALL THIS TIME?!??!

Dude, they pulled this scam on me when I was working in warehouseing a decade ago, lol!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Especially with the reputation these forums used to have. Take Two should have been HONOURED to inherit one of the hidden gems of the internet

Edit: sorry, didn't merge

Edited by Meecrob

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Meecrob said:

Face facts: for all intents and purposes, it is 100%. Like are you going to tell me that they haven't had internet to post a proper response or something? They are radio silent on purpose.

Nothing anyone says is right or wrong. The "facts" to face are that we simply don't know what's going to happen.

I am however not saying that nothing bad will happen. The situation is TERRIBLE, and it is a fair, and even likely chance that something terrible has happened to the game (whether that be severe delays or just outright development stops), but I choose to look at the more positive outcomes. Unlike a lot of people part of the community, I accept that there is more than one outcome for the scenario, good and bad (I feel like a lot of people think there is only one negative outcome but, put simply, that's just not how the universe works) and I choose to focus on the ones that give me more hope.

It's a lot easier to be a "realist" as said by a lot of people and feel defeated about the situation. But it sure as heck feels a lot better to be hopeful and continue to support whatever may come this way.

Edited by NexusHelium

47 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

Nothing anyone says is right or wrong. The "facts" to face are that we simply don't know what's going to happen.

I am however not saying that nothing bad will happen. The situation is TERRIBLE, and it is a fair, and even likely chance that something terrible has happened to the game (whether that be severe delays or just outright development stops), but I choose to look at the more positive outcomes. Unlike a lot of people part of the community, I accept that there is more than one outcome for the scenario, good and bad (I feel like a lot of people think there is only one negative outcome but, put simply, that's just not how the universe works) and I choose to focus on the ones that give me more hope.

It's a lot easier to be a "realist" as said by a lot of people and feel defeated about the situation. But it sure as heck feels a lot better to be hopeful and continue to support whatever may come this way.

Show me... The German panzers have just crossed Sedan and you hope the war doesn't start? 

Out of curiosity, when will you assimilate what happened? When the British flee at Dunkirk? When does Paris fall? When it is signed (if it is signed at all) in Compiègne?

In case you don't understand:   

- Gen. Lee signed the papers in  Appomattox Court House 

- Mamoru Shigemitsu signed the papers in USS Missouri

A year from now? A decade? A century? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Show me... The German panzers have just crossed Sedan and you hope the war doesn't start? 

Out of curiosity, when will you assimilate what happened? When the British flee at Dunkirk? When does Paris fall? When it is signed (if it is signed at all) in Compiègne?

In case you don't understand:   

- Gen. Lee signed the papers in  Appomattox Court House 

- Mamoru Shigemitsu signed the papers in USS Missouri

A year from now? A decade? A century? 

You keep telling the same argument and none of it is good or remotely convincing to me.

I'm sorry man, but I'm just not listening to you.

Edited by NexusHelium

1 minute ago, NexusHelium said:

You keep telling the same argument and none of it is good or remotely convincing to me.

I'm sorry man, but I'm just not listening to you.

If anything, I'm starting to worry about that other guy's fascination with WW2...

3 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

If anything, I'm starting to worry about that other guy's fascination with WW2...

I like history and how humans tend to repeat the same mistakes and not notice when things start to look bad. I could give other examples, such as the scam that ended up blowing up and leaving millions without homes or jobs in 2008, but it is more convincing to talk about WWII, from which money is still made. Captain America and Wonder Woman are my certificate.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Wonder Woman

<the movie of> which took place in WW1... but alright, fine

Edited by Flush Foot
<Clarifying what material I was referring to>

1 minute ago, Flush Foot said:

Which took place in WW1... but alright, fine

It certifies that people are more informed about the World Wars than about scams such as the Mortgage, Dot-com bubble or Cryptocurrency bubble.  And that I have to keep up with the comics.

On 4/25/2024 at 7:53 PM, turnerjack698 said:

Look's great, hiring BlackRack and Nertea show that despite taking a while, you all know exactly what you're doing. I know there's some serious doomer posting in r kerbalspaceprogram, but you guys are doing great work, if you get colonies out by summer with an improved science mode , this game will pull a No Man's Sky. I really think a kerbol system scaler would be a good improvement to add. 1.0 is vanilla, 2.7 is hard, 5.3 is nightmare. It adds incredible replay value and forces players to look more closely at some of the harder mechanics. IE: Gravity assists, orbital construction. Keep up the good work ya'll!

Well shoot!