Comments that are not about being nicer to each other, moved from another thread.

Jacke

23 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

I don't care what side you're on, I'm just sick of the fighting people have been getting into with relation to newest developments relating to KSP2. I dread whenever I get a notification from the forum now. It is making everyone involved less happy. for frickityfrack's sake please just allow yourself to post aboutsomething else

Welp....

I understand your position and why and I support that.

So many forum users purchased, put effort into, had hope for KSP 2.  And now it's very obvious that due to various faults of those in charge, KSP 2 was doomed from the start.

All those forum users feel deeply wronged now.

I didn't have sufficient hardware to even have a hope of doing anything with KSP 2, so I didn't buy it.  But for that, I would have likely bought it too.  And instead of my current feelings of disappointment and sense of injustice due to the faults of those in charge, I would have been very cross about them taking my money for what was a non-functional boondoggle.

Those responsible, none of them are active anymore on these forums.  They're not saying anything.  There's no way to voice our displeasure with our being cheated to them directly.

So many forum users are getting into what's not much better than bun-fights about who said what when and shades of grey.  It's almost, well, like arguing about the arrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic after it struck the iceberg.

But forum users are upset.  They want to vent.  They want to know what's happening.  And emotions are high.  And trying to be so Zen about all this is rather hard.

I understand your pleading for the fighting to stop.  It will, eventually.  But things won't really be better after that.  The wrongs, the injustices of KSP 2 will still be there.

Where my worry right now is that these forums will be shut down as an "economy measure" at some time in the future.  That any community of KSP users will be lost permanently.  Not a lot I can do about that either.

Posted (edited)

So what ? Having a dead forum with 0 activities would actually be benefitable ? You won't see much "Today in my KSP2" topics or messages by now.

Criticism has always been a way to show that we CARE of KSP2. The worst situation would have been a silent forum because of the difficulties, the bad communication, the very debatable choices, etc etc etc. It would have mean that KSP2 was dead in everyone heart.

It's not what happened and it is for the best. In addition, the huge amount of criticism, even rough, harsh (but still in the limit of politeness of course) was the only way to show the KSP2 team that the game sucked, its development, their communication, etc. They even asked for it, I'll dare to say. The first months of KSP2 forum was really really bad especially because of all the defenders that would not accept that most of the players would rant about it, would criticize the choices, the prices, the performances, the graphics, the gameplay, the bugs, the wobbliness. It would then transform ANY thread in a fight between the "haters" and the "white knights", while there were a whole palette, a large nuance of opinion at first. It always end up with strong 2-side cleavage when you don't allow people to disagree.

Let just the people disagree, hate, criticize, love, enjoy, like, help, doubt, etc. As long as it remains correct, polite, no need to say. It is just what we asked back in the day but, alas, we were still pushed by naysayers going hyperbolic or pretending our own opinions.

Really, the worst thing would have been a dead silent forum with all the enjoyers (and their right to do so !) alone.

Edited by Dakitess

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Mom: "Stop being so negative."

Me: "I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic."

My wife and I have this exchange sometimes. I usually follow it up with "It's not my fault that reality has a negative bias."

But as has been stated several times, being negative is not fighting. Be as negative as you want to be. We all want to be at least a little negative right now.

1 hour ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I want my $60 back.

Eeesh who overcharged you $10 more than they should have? Or do you live somewhere where $60 is semi-equivalent to the $50 it costs in the US?

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

or I will turn this forum around right now so help me!

Please do, bring us back to the days when we had feature updates and content releases to talk about :valcry:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

To be fair most people weren't even happy then either, so we're buggered either way. ;)

Bring us back to the days when the forum was mostly about KSP1, and when it came to KSP2, we were all just having fun speculating about what amazing features and content will be in the game when it releases. :')

Edited by Multivac

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.