KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.2.2.0

2 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Because they probably weren't really lying when they claimed "The label continues to make updates to Kerbal Space Program 2" after all. Unfortunately, the community can only rely on their own perception thus making their own conclusion despite having half the picture - and their wording just made it worse to interpret what they said. Some of us here are developer for themself and that might give us a very accurate picture what could be, but we still don't know the exact situation in the background. Remember when Micheal stated: "I am still working until late June to ensure all my work is left in good hands. "? Given that there is a support group too, the most accurate positive conclusion now is that we might get the support team to make the main work in snail speed work after June with additional little growth in dev count. Maybe that's what it turns out to be by end of June.

Or they just bet for it at least.:sticktongue:

That's as good a punt as any to be fair. 

The depots show updates are still being pushed into the private branches. Does T2 have to continue to pay to keep the game on Steam even after development stops? From what I have found, they do not. At least, not for data at rest anyway. They give up 30% of the sales revenue as a commission to steam on all future downloads instead. They may be sitting on the IP to collect revenue from future sales or trying to sell the IP to relieve some of their debt but I doubt they will get back everything they spent on development in such a sale. Other posts I have read suggest that single player games in Steam will remain in your library unless the developer pulls your licenses to the game for some reason. By leaving the game in an EA state, they are protected by Steam's EA policies regarding player owned risk. I do not expect to see KSP2 ever released out of EA without being fully completed.

19 hours ago, Phoenix84 said:

It's probably too late, but any chance the launcher could be removed from KSP1?

Either way, I feel for the devs, and hope they land on their feet soon.

Open the folder location and create a desktop shortcut directly from the KSP executable.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Open the folder location and create a desktop shortcut directly from the KSP executable.

I know how to work around it. I already have a custom launch option in Steam. I just shouldn't have to do that.

None of the options provide the same previously flawless Steam integration experience we had before. Such as controller support, workshop, remote play.

EDIT: My primary copy of KSP is from the OG Squad store, which is where it's still located (well, PV's site now). I had a spare Steam key for KSP, so I redeemed it years ago to gain aforementioned Steam integration. I know not everyone cares about that, which is fine, but that is something I value.

Edited by Phoenix84

24 minutes ago, Phoenix84 said:

I know how to work around it. I already have a custom launch option in Steam. I just shouldn't have to do that.

I don't disagree with you.  But you are asking to have an update done to a game that was announced as having development finished prior to them releasing the sequel into EA.  And you didn't provide any context in your original post about why you wanted the launcher gone, so naturally, I and others gave you options.

8 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't disagree with you.  But you are asking to have an update done to a game that was announced as having development finished prior to them releasing the sequel into EA.  And you didn't provide any context in your original post about why you wanted the launcher gone, so naturally, I and others gave you options.

Fair, though the update is only on the Steam side from what I understand, and doesn't require a new depot to be pushed.

On 6/28/2024 at 1:14 PM, Phoenix84 said:

Steam integration experience we had before. Such as controller support, workshop, remote play.

You can add non-Steam games into Steam. I don't remember the steps off-hand, but there are tutorials all over the place. I have controller support in KSP2 because I linked the .exe to steam as a non-Steam game.