KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.2.2.0

2 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Because they probably weren't really lying when they claimed "The label continues to make updates to Kerbal Space Program 2" after all. Unfortunately, the community can only rely on their own perception thus making their own conclusion despite having half the picture - and their wording just made it worse to interpret what they said. Some of us here are developer for themself and that might give us a very accurate picture what could be, but we still don't know the exact situation in the background. Remember when Micheal stated: "I am still working until late June to ensure all my work is left in good hands. "? Given that there is a support group too, the most accurate positive conclusion now is that we might get the support team to make the main work in snail speed work after June with additional little growth in dev count. Maybe that's what it turns out to be by end of June.

Or they just bet for it at least.:sticktongue:

That's as good a punt as any to be fair. 

The depots show updates are still being pushed into the private branches. Does T2 have to continue to pay to keep the game on Steam even after development stops? From what I have found, they do not. At least, not for data at rest anyway. They give up 30% of the sales revenue as a commission to steam on all future downloads instead. They may be sitting on the IP to collect revenue from future sales or trying to sell the IP to relieve some of their debt but I doubt they will get back everything they spent on development in such a sale. Other posts I have read suggest that single player games in Steam will remain in your library unless the developer pulls your licenses to the game for some reason. By leaving the game in an EA state, they are protected by Steam's EA policies regarding player owned risk. I do not expect to see KSP2 ever released out of EA without being fully completed.