[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Hello @Pie Guy, are you bypassing the Private Division launcher, or launching KSP using a script or another non-conventional method? If that's the case, your game might be running with an incorrect working directory, which confuses this mod — among others. See if you can correct that first, then give it another try!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, Izeau said:

Hello @Pie Guy, are you bypassing the Private Division launcher, or launching KSP using a script or another non-conventional method? If that's the case, your game might be running with an incorrect working directory, which confuses this mod — among others. See if you can correct that first, then give it another try!

@Izeau @Pie Guy Making a shortcut to KSP_x64.exe and editing (right click, properties) the 'start in' field might also resolve this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:59 AM, Aperson3546 said:

having either extraplanetary launchpads or kerbal attachment system seems to make no button in the KSC view work such as quit to main menu, enter VAB or fly active vehicle on the launchpad does anyone know why?

It's most likely due to a mod interaction, but not EL or KAS by itself. Best way to figure it out is to remove all of your mods that are not "parts-only", and then add back half the other mods and see if you have the problem - if not, remove that half and add the other half. Keep removing and adding half the set with the problem until you isolate the specific mod. EL does modify the KSC buttons, so it's likely a conflict between EL and another mod that accesses the same functions.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 9:13 PM, kingofhell213 said:

Getting a weird bug in that when I try to extract the files to my GameData, quite a few files get an error and have to be skipped. Not a specific error either, it just says "unspecified error".

Can confirm this, I'm getting about 9 errors when I try to extract the mod using 7zip

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, EleSigma said:

Can confirm this, I'm getting about 9 errors when I try to extract the mod using 7zip

On 1/7/2024 at 9:13 PM, kingofhell213 said:

Getting a weird bug in that when I try to extract the files to my GameData, quite a few files get an error and have to be skipped. Not a specific error either, it just says "unspecified error".

For some reason Taniwha's server tends to give out corrupted files. It's been an issue for a while. There are no mirrors that I can find on spacedock or otherwise. The only fix I found is redownloading it until it eventually works. CKAN also uses Taniwha's server so you are SOL

Edited by StormxWolf

• 1 month later...

Hi @taniwha and everyone,

Would it be possible to use the stock Ground Anchor part as  a survey stake?  Asking for a friend... actually myself for the SIMPLEX Assembly mod to do something similar to the Simple Construction mod, but this gets rid of survey stakes.   If an MM patch added the ELSurveyStake module to the ground anchor, would that be enough to work? 

Also wondering if anyone has tried this? 

Peace.

Posted (edited)

I seem unable to extract any metal ore for my Minmus base. The info card for my drill is saying "Metal Ore full," even though I have two large empty containers specifically for metal ore.

screenshot163.png?ex=6659e7ba&is=6658963

I also checked the resource map to confirm that there's plenty of metal ore in the region.

screenshot164.png?ex=6659e7ba&is=6658963

I'm not sure if this is an Extraplanetary Launchpads thing or a K&K thing, but any assistance on the matter would be appreciated.

Edit: for context, here's my full mod list.

image.png?ex=6659e9c9&is=66589849&hm=1a3image.png?ex=6659e9c9&is=66589849&hm=0b2image.png?ex=6659e9c9&is=66589849&hm=742image.png?ex=6659e9c9&is=66589849&hm=a8a

Edited by Scotskerb

@Scotskerb You say MetalOre but you clearly have MetallicOre highlighted in your first screenshot and there's no MetalOre gauge. The "resource is full" message also comes up when all your tanks for it are all locked or (in this case) you have no tanks at all. I don't see anything in your mod list that suggest something makes the EL functions ask for MetallicOre so this may just be a case of "Oh, I misread. I'm tripping over two resources with very similar names."

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Scotskerb You say MetalOre but you clearly have MetallicOre highlighted in your first screenshot and there's no MetalOre gauge. The "resource is full" message also comes up when all your tanks for it are all locked or (in this case) you have no tanks at all. I don't see anything in your mod list that suggest something makes the EL functions ask for MetallicOre so this may just be a case of "Oh, I misread. I'm tripping over two resources with very similar names."

I can see that now. I suppose I should alter some config files then.

On 5/30/2024 at 1:28 PM, theJesuit said:

Hi @taniwha and everyone,

Would it be possible to use the stock Ground Anchor part as  a survey stake?  Asking for a friend... actually myself for the SIMPLEX Assembly mod to do something similar to the Simple Construction mod, but this gets rid of survey stakes.   If an MM patch added the ELSurveyStake module to the ground anchor, would that be enough to work? 

Also wondering if anyone has tried this? 

Peace.

Resolved the issue - I didn't have a Survey Station on the neighbouring craft.

Would people like me to post the MM patch to make the Stamp-o-tron ground anchor a survey stake?

2 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

So, since there's 257 pages to this thread I'll just ask. Any known conflicts with this an other notable mods? Thanks in advance. Seems a nice idea, never used it and I'm working on a heavily modded play through.

I don't think there are conflicts.

I'm having a really frustrating issue where when I extract the files into the game data directory only some of the parts are available and they're all completely nonfunctional. I only have the orbital mini launchpad thing, containers for the resources, and the metal furnace, and none of them do anything. When I check the parts folder there are many other parts but only the parts I mentioned appear and the EL test craft doesn't work because it uses parts that aren't functioning properly.

14 hours ago, Pikazilla said:

I'm having a really frustrating issue where when I extract the files into the game data directory only some of the parts are available and they're all completely nonfunctional. I only have the orbital mini launchpad thing, containers for the resources, and the metal furnace, and none of them do anything. When I check the parts folder there are many other parts but only the parts I mentioned appear and the EL test craft doesn't work because it uses parts that aren't functioning properly.

Make sure you installed it correctly in GameData and that you have module manager installed.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:39 AM, Nightside said:

Make sure you installed it correctly in GameData and that you have module manager installed.

Really unhelpful honestly. What is "installed properly" the zip folder for EL is super unconventional, its a master fold with assets that itself has a gamedata folder, while other mods consist of one game data folder that you just move the contents of into the game data directory and be done with it. Putting the master folder into game data does nothing and I have no idea what to do with the contents of the master folder and the contents of the game data folder. The game data folder even has a whole other folder called extra planetary launch pads which makes things even more confusing. Also if I didn't have module manager installed none of my mods would work ofc I have it installed.

10 hours ago, Pikazilla said:

Really unhelpful honestly. What is "installed properly" the zip folder for EL is super unconventional, its a master fold with assets that itself has a gamedata folder, while other mods consist of one game data folder that you just move the contents of into the game data directory and be done with it. Putting the master folder into game data does nothing and I have no idea what to do with the contents of the master folder and the contents of the game data folder. The game data folder even has a whole other folder called extra planetary launch pads which makes things even more confusing. Also if I didn't have module manager installed none of my mods would work ofc I have it installed.

You could save 100% of these issues and install it using CKAN.

I absolutely hate to admit it because I've been stubbornly refusing to learn how to use ckaan but it really was that simple. The textures look awful but for one thing as far as I know they're supposed to look that way and for another it's a massive improvement over the parts being completely nonfunctional so I honestly don't even care.