[0.25] Time Control - 9/23/14 v13.2

Xaiier

20 hours ago, HatBat said:

Thanks so much! I can continue doing stuff like this now. You should really make a new thread for your work. 

I have to agree :) a new thread would make a lot of people happy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 8:38 PM, westamastaflash said:

Compile for KSP 1.1.2.

I also submitted a pull request to get this in CKAN.

Nice work, very cool!

On 5/3/2016 at 5:39 PM, HatBat said:

Thanks so much! I can continue doing stuff like this now. You should really make a new thread for your work. 

Totally agreed on this point. Your link is already buried a page back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Just wanted to report, that TimeControl offsets the KOAS (mod) docking port cam badly to a unusable state. When setting camfix to false in config.txt, the KOAS docking port cam is where it should be again. For what camfix is needed?

BR
Rob

2 hours ago, Rob2222 said:

Hello.

Just wanted to report, that TimeControl offsets the KOAS (mod) docking port cam badly to a unusable state. When setting camfix to false in config.txt, the KOAS docking port cam is where it should be again. For what camfix is needed?

BR
Rob

That seems strange. My guess is that it's to keep the Camera from freaking out at high warp rates. I know BetterTimeWarp has some Camera settings as well.

If you don't notice any difference at  high warp rates (both Hyper & Physics), then I guess try without it.

On 25.06.2016 at 1:33 AM, westamastaflash said:

I'm working on it. Trying to fix the configuration problems too, the config broke in the last release (keybindings and all).

You are our hero!

Hi folks,

Pruned a few posts involving asking for an update, and discussing the appropriateness thereof.  Just a friendly reminder:

• Please don't ask mod authors for updates, or "when will it update" -- the forum guidelines already have a rule for that, 2.3.f.  It has already been pointed out in this thread that KSP 1.1.3 caused some problems with this mod, and the author has already acknowledged this and indicated that the problem is being worked on.  So let's all just relax and wait until an update is announced, shall we?
  • If you happen to notice someone doing something that you think is against the forum rules (such as asking for a mod update)... please don't tell them so in the forum.  That's the moderators' job, not yours.  (It's also against forum guidelines-- see rule 3.2 about "backseat moderating".)  Instead, just use the "report post" feature and a moderator will get it sorted out at the soonest opportunity.  It's what we're here for.  :)

We now return you to your friendly neighborhood mod thread, already in progress.

On 7/1/2016 at 4:38 PM, Maltman said:

I hope your entire life is one giant ecstasy filled thrill fest.

Well if that is the same as waking up at 3 AM to a screaming 7 month old...

Progress is being made. I'll even have a new thread once I've got a working version for 1.1.3. I had a bunch of inflight code changes when 1.1.3 hit so I'd rather get them all fixed up first.

For anyone interested  and in the need for any sort of time warping, I made a build of the BetterTimeWarp mod which seems to work ok in 1.1.3:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2z5104fshgwvnd/BetterTimeWarp.zip?dl=0

It is not my mod, I just recompiled it for 1.1.3 and tested it.  It works a bit differently than TimeControl, so you may want to come back to TimeControl when it's released

On 7/8/2016 at 6:19 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

For anyone interested  and in the need for any sort of time warping, I made a build of the BetterTimeWarp mod which seems to work ok in 1.1.3:

It is not my mod, I just recompiled it for 1.1.3 and tested it.  It works a bit differently than TimeControl, so you may want to come back to TimeControl when it's released

does it let you slow down to below 1x?  I need this for alcubierre jumps, which is why I started using TC to begin with.

On 7/8/2016 at 8:19 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks! I keep bouncing back and forth between the two, hah.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:19 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I used BettertimeWarp today for awhile. It works pretty well. But the fact that TimeControl allows you to warp time while accelerating has me hooked. I don't know of any other way to accelerate with time compression in the game.

I know there is a mod called persistent thrust by mrsolarsail. However, I have never gotten this to work.

I am lucky that I have an installation of 1.1.2 in which TimeControl works great. I'll just keep playing that for now no hurries.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to get older version of KSP? I mean if I accidentally updated my 1.1.2 installation would I be up a creek without a paddle?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.