[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

18 hours ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

I love this mod! When can we expect 1.1 compatibility? Thanks!

When the next update is done.

50 minutes ago, Astro_Jared said:

Tygoo7, any plans for the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 v1.0? :)

Not at the moment. That could be a possibility in the future though.

Update 0.8.5 is available on Spacedock!

-Added Rosetta parts
-Added Philae parts
-Updated for 1.1(hopefully)
-Updated NearFuture Solar plugin

So some things were left out of this update. The science parts and BEAM. I could not finalize designs for the science parts so I left them out for now. BEAM, well, I had many problems with the animation and lots of other things. So, yeah, I left it out. 

On to some other things regarding the future of this mod! If you haven't been following the roadmap, the next update will be the Falcon rockets. This includes a revamped Falcon 9, Falcon X, Falcon X, and Falcon XX. But, this mod will be on a short hiatus until mid May due to working on some other mods, school, and my KSP career mode.

16 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Update 0.8.5 is available on Spacedock!

-Added Rosetta parts
-Added Philae parts
-Updated for 1.1(hopefully)
-Updated NearFuture Solar plugin

So some things were left out of this update. The science parts and BEAM. I could not finalize designs for the science parts so I left them out for now. BEAM, well, I had many problems with the animation and lots of other things. So, yeah, I left it out. 

On to some other things regarding the future of this mod! If you haven't been following the roadmap, the next update will be the Falcon rockets. This includes a revamped Falcon 9, Falcon X, Falcon X, and Falcon XX. But, this mod will be on a short hiatus until mid May due to working on some other mods, school, and my KSP career mode.

I noticed for some reason I don't see the Dragon Cargo Capsule when in the VAB. It's almost like it's missing from the entire mod and I really don't know why.

On 4/23/2016 at 0:55 PM, NateDaBeast said:

I noticed for some reason I don't see the Dragon Cargo Capsule when in the VAB. It's almost like it's missing from the entire mod and I really don't know why.

Hmm, are the other parts in the VAB?

22 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Is the Tundra parts compatible with KIS, KAS? I can't put anything in the trunks. 

Yes they are. The trunks do not have KIS/KAS space because they are meant for depressurized payloads while the capsules have KIS/KAS space for pressurized payloads.

3 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Yes they are. The trunks do not have KIS/KAS space because they are meant for depressurized payloads while the capsules have KIS/KAS space for pressurized payloads.

Sorry for asking this but what you mean about depressurized payloads? Like science data?

3 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

Yes, here's a picture:

v2K132S.png[

18 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Sorry for asking this but what you mean about depressurized payloads? Like science data?

Like stuff you put in the KIS inventory.

15 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Yes, here's a picture:

v2K132S.png[

Does it still not show up if you have only this mod installed? To me it looks like only the Cargo Dragon pod is missing. 

32 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

Like stuff you put in the KIS inventory.

Does it still not show up if you have only this mod installed? To me it looks like only the Cargo Dragon pod is missing. 

Yea It's only the Cargo Dragon pod, when running just TundraExploration and FilterExtensions(VAB Building Tool) I can see the pod.

EDIT:

I just noticed that I can only see it in Sandbox but not Career mode.

EDIT 2:

I changed the TechRequired in the capsule's code to another parts' TechRequired that I can see and it fixed it. I'm using Engineering Tech Tree so I think it glitched it up.

Edited by NateDaBeast

On 4/24/2016 at 2:54 PM, NateDaBeast said:

EDIT 2:

I changed the TechRequired in the capsule's code to another parts' TechRequired that I can see and it fixed it. I'm using Engineering Tech Tree so I think it glitched it up.

Ah, that is a common issue. The TechRequired entries don't match the actual name of the tech node in many instances, and the field is case sensitive. I've made mistakes there plenty of times. What did it say when the part wasn't working correctly?

Hello! It's me again! I've been loving your mod, and I have a very long-term suggestion: I was thinking that since SpaceX's Mars plans are coming out in September (told you it was long term) why not make a BFR/MCT stockalike replica? Also one less long-term idea, could you possibly make a radial decoupler? I've been trying to make Falcon Heavy rockets but the stock decouplers just don't look right. Also maybe a Falcon Heavy nosecone? Thanks :)