[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

I have a few missing things with this mod. Using KSP 1.1.2 with the latest V0.8.5

- I can't find a way to open the shroud with Action Groups. Also the landing legs doesn't work with pressing G or using the action groups, because it doesn't have any for the legs.

Spoiler

2Az5sGk.jpg

- I don't think this is a bug, but when you use a smaller docking port, it doesn't line up correctly.

Spoiler

B5Dr15z.jpg

- Not sure why the Gigan doesn't have SAS on it, because it's a little bit hard to control if you want to dock or using the second stage for escaping the atmosphere.

As I'm using this mod daily, I just want to say that I love landing the first stage. It's a big challenge, got a drone ship mod that works just fine with landing on water. When going to station it's easier to land back at KSC. All in all I love the mod. Haven't tried using the whole Rosetta mission but going to try it soon. Hope you have something with my small 'bugs'.

- Damon

For nose cap: One of those Toggle options in Action Groups menu is used to open/close the cap. If I remember correctly it is the one with capital T but best to check for yourself

For legs: If I remember correctly from previous versions of the mod they are part of the heat shield which is separated from capsule. So, to have them show up in Action Groups menu you have to select heat shield and not the capsule

Just now, Cuky said:

For nose cap: One of those Toggle options in Action Groups menu is used to open/close the cap. If I remember correctly it is the one with capital T but best to check for yourself

For legs: If I remember correctly from previous versions of the mod they are part of the heat shield which is separated from capsule. So, to have them show up in Action Groups menu you have to select heat shield and not the capsule

Got that right. Somehow it worked, even tho I've tested it before and it didn't work. Still a bit messy when you have 2 toggle buttons and you don't know which is which :wink:

Hey all! Sorry for being a bit quiet here, I've just been taking a break from modding. I got a bit burnt out after the Rosetta parts and I just finished making some Kerbalism parts you should see soon in that mod. Due to finals, KSP career mode, and going on a trip to Germany, I won't be able to return to modding until early July. Until then, have fun with this mod and please post pictures! I love seeing them! :) 

5 hours ago, atlaspaine said:

Can you please add differential throttle?

I'm not sure what you mean.

5 hours ago, atlaspaine said:

Shouldn't there be suspension on the landing legs?

Yes, but these are basic legs. The Falcon 9 is due for a revamp very soon. If you are talking about the V2 legs, then they will probably stay that way.

15 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

Awesome mod. I assume the spikey probe-core is based on a real life concept i missed? Thought that was a interesting part. :D

Yep, thanks @CobaltWolf for linking that image!

On 4/30/2016 at 1:14 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

Hello! It's me again! I've been loving your mod, and I have a very long-term suggestion: I was thinking that since SpaceX's Mars plans are coming out in September (told you it was long term) why not make a BFR/MCT stockalike replica? Also one less long-term idea, could you possibly make a radial decoupler? I've been trying to make Falcon Heavy rockets but the stock decouplers just don't look right. Also maybe a Falcon Heavy nosecone? Thanks :)

That is in the plans, I am waiting for them to reveal it because I don't want to make any assumptions. Those are most likely coming in the next version.

Small tweak request: If you could change some of the numbers for the heat-shields it'd make things more feasible in KSP 1.1

name = ModuleAblator
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -7500
		lossConst = 0.1
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500

Your lossConst is 1, and pyrolysis loss factor 600, which makes the heat-shield explode when re-entering Kerbin's atmosphere from a free-return trajectory around the Mün.

The engine won't activate after reentry. The vessel speeds up infinitely. Is this a bug? How can this be resolved?

Note to mod creator: I would like to help develop your mod. I know absolutely nothing but am willing to learn.

On 11-5-2016 at 8:53 PM, atlaspaine said:

The engine won't activate after reentry. The vessel speeds up infinitely. Is this a bug? How can this be resolved?

Note to mod creator: I would like to help develop your mod. I know absolutely nothing but am willing to learn.

Never happened to me before, but one time the parachutes didn't work, deleted PartDatabase.cfg and it worked again. So maybe try that, if that doesn't help, I'm not really sure what else it could be. Maybe it wasn't fully activated? (known KSP bug (double staging)).

Edited by damonvv

Is there any chance of a realism overhaul patch being made? Seeing as how the only other SpaceX mod compatible with Realism overhaul has been abandoned... It would be awesome if this took up its mantle.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:13 PM, atlaspaine said:

Can you add support for Kerbalism?

It should work already because of the way Kerbalism works.

On 5/11/2016 at 1:53 PM, atlaspaine said:

Not sure what you mean by this, is the throttle up and the engine is active? I'm not really looking for people to develop this mod at the moment but you can send me a PM. :) 

On 5/11/2016 at 11:19 AM, StevieC said:

Small tweak request: If you could change some of the numbers for the heat-shields it'd make things more feasible in KSP 1.1

name = ModuleAblator
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -7500
		lossConst = 0.1
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500

Your lossConst is 1, and pyrolysis loss factor 600, which makes the heat-shield explode when re-entering Kerbin's atmosphere from a free-return trajectory around the Mün.

I'll check this out.

7 hours ago, BananaIsAFruit said:

Don't know if this would be easy or not to do, but could you possibly add a option to activate 3 engines on the Octopus engine as well as 1 and 9? This would add alot more realism to the mod. Thanks alot.

I don't think that is possible without any plugins because the stock system can have only 2 modes so it was either 1 or 3. 

Just now, KSPNerd said:

Is there any chance of a realism overhaul patch being made? Seeing as how the only other SpaceX mod compatible with Realism overhaul has been abandoned... It would be awesome if this took up its mantle.

I don't know anything about realism overhaul configs but you could ask the people over at that thread to see if they can make one. :) 

Edited by tygoo7

Hope you don't mind, but I have another suggestion. Well, I have 2... Since you can't have more than two modes in the stock game, could you possibly add multiple engines and an octoweb/octopus cover type part for them to be placed in? 

Also, you could possibly add an adaptor from the Falcon 9 upper stage to Dragon to make it more aerodynamic/asteticaly pleasing? 

I know you're probably quite busy right now so, these are just suggestions. Thanks a lot. 

Edited by BananaIsAFruit

51 minutes ago, BananaIsAFruit said:

Hope you don't mind, but I have another suggestion. Well, I have 2... Since you can't have more than two modes in the stock game, could you possibly add multiple engines and an octoweb/octopus cover type part for them to be placed in? 

Also, you could possibly add an adaptor from the Falcon 9 upper stage to Dragon to make it more aerodynamic/asteticaly pleasing? 

I know you're probably quite busy right now so, these are just suggestions. Thanks a lot. 

I don't mind suggestions, in fact, they are welcome! I will have to see about that, I'm not to keen on making those separate because it's not that stockalike but we will see. The adapter, I'm not too sure about, perhaps with the revamp.

On 5/14/2016 at 3:21 PM, VASMIR said:

Would it be possible to have a Cargo Dragon/Dragon V2 with an open-able door, like the Red Dragon mission?

I don't know, we will have to see once I get to the Dragon revamps.

Four small requests.

1. Please add roll-control to the grid-fins.
  2. Please put the "Ships" folder directly in the same directory as the "GameData" folder so that CKAN will automatically install those files into the default "Ships" directory.
  3. The heat-shield fix I mentioned earlier in this thread.
  4. Mark the pack as being compatible with KSP version 1.1.2

Do you think you can please put out a quick 0.8.6 patch with these 4 things over the weekend?

Edited by StevieC

4 hours ago, StevieC said:

Four small requests.

1. Please add roll-control to the grid-fins.
  2. Please put the "Ships" folder directly in the same directory as the "GameData" folder so that CKAN will automatically install those files into the default "Ships" directory.
  3. The heat-shield fix I mentioned earlier in this thread.
  4. Mark the pack as being compatible with KSP version 1.1.2

Do you think you can please put out a quick 0.8.6 patch with these 4 things over the weekend?

Yes I should have some time to spare from Fallout 4 to put out an update with these requests.

you need to make an "Agencies" folder in the "TundraExploration" directory" with a few files in it. There should be files in the "Squad" directory in GameData that can be used as a sort-of template.

Alright an update is available with the fixes posted above except the roll control on the grid fin. I could not figure out how to do that without changing the model and stuff because as of now they act like airbrakes.