[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

Just now, davidy12 said:

:o

I'm speechless. LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!

However, @tygoo7: I just realized something, we can't orbit a comet or asteroid in the game, how are we going to get Rosetta to stay on the ground!!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Thanks! Philae stays on the ground with it's claw landing legs but Rosetta staying near it, that's up to the player. :)  

6 hours ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

Is this compatible with 1.1? I cant live without my Dragon v2 look alike!

Hey now, we don't need any rule breakers here. If it were compatible with 1.1, he'd say so. Or maybe the OP's title would say so?

Or maybe you could go try it? I'm sure it'll work fine, save the NF Solar plugin. That'd be broken for sure.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@tygoo7 if I may ask, what differentiates the 67P core from the stock QBE?

It's larger. Philae is 0.625m so that gives you some scale.

13 hours ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

Is this compatible with 1.1? I cant live without my Dragon v2 look alike!

Hey now, no breaking rules, but honestly I think it works fine.

4 minutes ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

What rules am i breaking? where are these rules posted?

Specifically this one, they added it yesterday to try and protect mod authors now that 1.1 is here/almost here. :) 

Since you likely haven't seen them (to be fair, I doubt most people actually do read them when they sign up), here are the full rules of the forums.

16 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

It's larger. Philae is 0.625m so that gives you some scale.

Oh ok, almost like the difference between the normal HECS and the one from Asteroid Day. 

Philae is looking really awesome btw. If I may ask, what happened to the cancelled parts on the Roadmap? Just trying to cut things out to speed progress?

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Specifically this one, they added it yesterday to try and protect mod authors now that 1.1 is here/almost here. :) 

Since you likely haven't seen them (to be fair, I doubt most people actually do read them when they sign up), here are the full rules of the forums.

Im so sry I didn't know that was a thing. I am use to having communication with the authors so this seems odd to me. I guess they are getting hounded by the community.

Just now, Son_of_Flynn said:

Im so sry I didn't know that was a thing. I am use to having communication with the authors so this seems odd to me. I guess they are getting hounded by the community.

Basically. People started asking for updates less than an hour after the prerelease became available. The actual update isn't even out yet. It's not the end of the world but a lot of modders are on the razors edge between the enjoyment they receive from modding, and not wanting to put up with the stress it adds. Having people hassle them for updates on the forums is unfortunately the last straw for many. I think @Snark had an excellent post about the topic here:

With all that said, I don't think your original post actually broke the rule.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Philae is looking really awesome btw. If I may ask, what happened to the cancelled parts on the Roadmap? Just trying to cut things out to speed progress?

Just to speed up progress. To be honest, I really want to play a stockalike Rosetta/Philae mission in 1.1. :) 

3 hours ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

No worries. I don't mind really, just messing with you. ;) I can see how some authors will get stressed by it though. 

I'll be streaming in a few minutes. https://www.twitch.tv/tygoo7

On 4/8/2016 at 8:17 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

Am I missing some installation instructions, because I dragged the the file into the GameData of ksp and the parts don't show up in the VAB or the SPH

Double check you installed it this way. KSPDirectory\GameData\TundraExploration

EDIT: Stream ended.

So quick update on the update. It appears that NearFutureSolar is not yet updated to 1.1 and many people still don't even have 1.1 because they bought it through the store. What this means, is that I'm probably going to hold the update until 1.1. I'll then be able to work on the other things that were planned like the science parts and update some of the part shaders.

9fHqKeo.png

OImgkAw.png

Edited by tygoo7

17 minutes ago, Goat Master said:

I downloaded this mod and I loaded KSP with excitement only to find out it did not work. I will take a look at the files but just as a let-you-know kind of thing. :(

It should work just fine in 1.0.5 and somewhat fine (just from my experience) in 1.1 if you don't install the NearFuture part.

On 4/10/2016 at 2:00 AM, tygoo7 said:

I'll be streaming in a few minutes. https://www.twitch.tv/tygoo7

Double check you installed it this way. KSPDirectory\GameData\TundraExploration

EDIT: Stream ended.

So quick update on the update. It appears that NearFutureSolar is not yet updated to 1.1 and many people still don't even have 1.1 because they bought it through the store. What this means, is that I'm probably going to hold the update until 1.1. I'll then be able to work on the other things that were planned like the science parts and update some of the part shaders.

9fHqKeo.png

OImgkAw.png

Yeah so here is where the mod is: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the parts still didn't show up in the VAB or the SPH. I'm playing on the 64-bit version of the 1.1 prerelease, if that helps.

9 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Are you using KSP 1.1, or KSP 1.0.5?

9 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

It should work just fine in 1.0.5 and somewhat fine (just from my experience) in 1.1 if you don't install the NearFuture part.

I am using 1.0.5 but I looked at the files and got it working again, so no worries I'm happy, though I'm not sure what it was (probably my amateur computer skills). :P

6 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Yeah so here is where the mod is: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the parts still didn't show up in the VAB or the SPH. I'm playing on the 64-bit version of the 1.1 prerelease, if that helps.

Is it Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TundraExploration\(things like Flags, Parts, ect.)?

On 4/11/2016 at 10:00 PM, tygoo7 said:

Is it Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TundraExploration\(things like Flags, Parts, ect.)?

Since I'm not really a files person, here is the exact location: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Tundra_Exploration_-_Stockalike_Dragon_V2_and_Falcon_9-0.8.1-1.zip\Tundra-Exploration-DragonV2-0.8.1\GameData\TundraExploration\(flags, parts, etc)

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy with school and whatnot

Edited by TheEpicSquared

1 hour ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Since I'm not really a files person, here is the exact location: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Tundra_Exploration_-_Stockalike_Dragon_V2_and_Falcon_9-0.8.1-1.zip\Tundra-Exploration-DragonV2-0.8.1\GameData\TundraExploration\(flags, parts, etc)

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy with school and whatnot

You kept too many layers of of folder. Take the TundraExploration folder from the end of that address and put it in Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata

@TheEpicSquared yeah, basically what @CobaltWolf said.

Sooo, I have a somewhat major problem. I worked on the config stuff a bit again, you know just your average trial and error stuff. I was also playing with the parts a bit making sure they work how they should. I then realized I had some high graphic mods like EVE and Scatterer installed and I wanted to do some testing on 32-bit, so I selected the folders and deleted them and emptied the recycling bin. Now here's where the problem is......I sort of also selected TundraExploration along with EVE and Scatterer. What this means is that I have to do the config work for Rosetta and Philae all over again... :P 

Anyways...I'll be streaming tomorrow around 12pm CST.

Edited by tygoo7

22 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You kept too many layers of of folder. Take the TundraExploration folder from the end of that address and put it in Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata

Thanks! I'll check it out

EDIT: well sh*t... It gets stuck loading the rodan cockpit

Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Never mind I got it working thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by TheEpicSquared