K.Yeon

OPT Space Plane Thread

2803 posts in this topic

!!!  IMPORTANT INFO FOR OPT v1.9.9  !!!

Spoiler

=1=

ASET and RASTER PROP MONITOR IS NO LONGER BUNDLED!!

Please download their newest versions from their official download pages if you wish your IVA to have working instruments!!

RasterPropMonitor, by Mihara, MOARdV

ASET Prop pack, by alexustas

ASET Avionics, by alexustas

=2=

Please delete original OPT folder, as some textures have changed to DDS format, leaving the original PNG format unused.

=3=

Support for Community Category Kit has been added! (allows OPT to have it's own tab in VAB/SPH)

Download from here if you haven't got it already:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/CommunityCategoryKit

1st bug fix for OPT 1.9.9:

Fuselage H fueltank have no fuel switch, replace the files with original in OPT folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5suu2n8pxsk45h/OPT h fuselage Fuel Fix.zip?dl=0

2nd bug fix for OPT 1.9.9:

J rear engine mount, J inline boarding ramp, HAE engine missing tech and cost:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmhr0fmzf361hfj/missing tech%26cost fix.zip?dl=0

C6Hw1HM.png

About this mod:

This mod contains more than 60 awesome space plane parts,
including several types of large lifting body fuselages that will greatly extend your space program's capabilities.
There are also cockpits, large wing parts and engines to match the fuselage.
The technology level of the parts are 'near future', OPT engines are efficient and powerful, suitable for SSTO.
This mod integrates well with existing stock parts, and the art style is inspired by the Mk2 system.
There are also other inspirations comes from animation, sci-fi movies and sci-fi artworks.

Bundled mod:

Module Manager v2.7.X, by sarbian
Firespitter Plugin, v7.4.X, by Snjo

Supported mod:
RasterPropMonitor, by Mihara, MOARdV
ASET Prop pack, by alexustas
ASET Avionics, by alexustas
Community Category Kit, by Roverdude

Recommended mod:
Distant Object Enhancement, by Rubber Ducky
Scatterer, by Blackrack

Installation Guide:

Install guide

Download Links:

Wu4eBo9.png             5ZhMvMX.png

Albums:

sFcIfBS.pngjvJ72se.pngd0uWWt6.png

Videos:

WiN8QS0.png

Change Log:

Spoiler
  • OPT v1.9.0:
    - Separated v1.8.6 into two pack: OPT main(v1.9.0) and OPT legacy(v1.0).
    'stali', 'avatar', 'humpback' parts and J-60, J-61, J-81 engines, droptanks are moved to OPT Legacy.
    I,J,K fuselage parts are updated and moved to OPT main along with wing parts and 3 engines.
    - Texture update for OPT main, to be more stock alike.
    - Some models are smoothened (at certain angles, some part no longer have different shines to another part)
    - New model for many parts in OPT main.
    - Added JQS
    - Added J Deployment Bay
    - Added J Inline Docking port (small and large)
    - Added J RCS, J RCS drone core
    - Added 3 pre-built crafts
    - Many parts for OPT main moved to their corresponding categories
    - Many parts for OPT main have changed their name to appear more consistent.
    - ILS crew reduced from 5 to 3
    - ISP crew reduced from 5 to 3
    - Part's light now uses the new emission config modules.
    - Increased all liquid fuel tank capacity by 25%
    - Increased J-HT cockpit's fuel capacity by 100%
  • OPT v1.9.1:
    - Added J Inline Boarding Ramp, J rear boarding ladder, both have a small IVA (in utility section)
    - Added IVA to J-SL, J-HT, J-QS. I wasn't happy with the J crew tank, I will remake it and upload it next patch.
    - ASET prop updated to a version updated by forum user veld (color tag fix)
    - J Aerospike is now under "OPT Propulsion Science Division" manufacturer tab
    - J science lab increased data storage from 500 to 1050
    - Module Lifting Surface's drag values corrected
    - K Spaceplane cockpit's bulkhead profile changed from 'K' to 'k'
    - FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy Error should be fixed
    - In parts config file, part's name have been moved to the top.
  • OPT v1.9.2
    - Added K 3m Fueltank
    - Added K to Tri 2.5m Engine Mount
    - Added K Space Plane Cockpit's IVA
    - Fixed missing collider for J service bay
    - Fixed unable to EVA from boarding ramp
    - Fixed OPT large, huge pylon and stabilizer a and b's lifting value, they now produce the correct lift (about 3 times more)
    - Added correct drag cube to: J deployment bay, J Cargo Bay, J Service Bay, K Hollow fuselage, K Cargo Bay (this should lower lot's of incorrect drag in some cases)
    - All Cargo bay's lookup radius increased slightly to cover the corners in the cargo bay.
    - Modified K Rear Cargo Ramp's colliders to be less bumpy
    - Fixed "play animation automatically" that caused cargo bays to not shield items inside at launch.
    - Added a dummy animation to K hollow fuselage parts, they now uses module cargo bay and shields stuff inside properly.
    - Removed J-SL cockpit's 40 mono propellant
    - Fixed K Cockpit's mesh, (above the middle windshield, the mesh was extruding inward)
    - J-SL cockpit now have a pair of built in retrograde RCS thrusters <<----------- should be pretty useful I might consider adding them to other cockpits
    - Stabilizer a and b's max actuation angle lowered from 30 to 20
    - Stock aircraft Balari V SSTO reconfigured slightly (fuel tank positions) , should improve flying when gliding with empty fuel tanks, as well as increased delta V. 
    - J Aerospike's mass increased from 1.21 to 7.26; cost increased from 9k to 11k; ISP at ground reduced from 390 to 380, ISP in space reduced from 420 to 390;
    - OPT's J and K fuselage's lift value rebalanced, j fuselage lift increased by 16%, k fuselage lift increased by 83%.
    - J and K fuselage parts mass increased; J by 10%, K by 20%;

• OPT v1.9.9

• Fixed ModularFuelTank config file, MFT is now properly supported. *MFT will break OPT stock crafts because it automatically replaces all the preconfigured fuel tanks.
    • Added line vesselType = Probe to J drone cores, added line vesselType = Plane to all cockpits
    • Fixed K cockpit's light not working
    • J-92 engine (schramjet) no longer uses fuel from other 'staged' or 'stage disabled' fueltanks. (thanks Flashblade!)
    • Added IVA for J Crew (should hold 10 kerbals but due to some issue it still only hold 8, if anyone find out why, please let me know :))
    • Added IVA for ISL, ISP and Phoenix Cockpit
    • Added support for CCK (allows OPT to have it's own tab in SPH/VAB)
    • Changed Name tag for engines to OPT-E, wing parts to OPT-W for better organization when inside OPT's own category (for CCK)
    • Cockpit's reaction wheel torque re balanced (mostly reduced yaw and pitch).
    • Dark Drive's atmospheric output increased from 30% to 50%
    • OPT wing control surface lift increased by 50% (because many report that they are not effective)
    • Updated ASET props, Firespitter and RPM to latest release
    • Added Kh cargo, hollow fuselage, cargo ramp (6 parts)
    • Added H fuselage parts
    • Removed fuel options from J boarding ramp
    • All tanks using real fuel volume increased by 400%
    • Added nodes to K&KH 6m parts for h fuselage attachment

Bug Fixes and Extra Downloads:

Spoiler

bug fix for OPT 1.9.9:

Common Questions and Answers:

Spoiler

-to be added-

OPT Legacy:

Spoiler

OPT had a long history of development, and during each major update, some parts are changed or abandoned. These parts are putted into the Legacy pack, which you can download HERE!
Currently the legacy pack is maintained by @stali79, many thanks to him!

Note that parts in legacy pack are no longer in development, and they have issues such as missing IVA, out dated textures and models. But it is compatible with the main pack(v1.9.x). Just make sure they are installed in different folders, "GameData/OPT_Legacy/stuff" while the main pack is installed as "GameData/OPT/stuff".

Credits:

Original Creator:
@K.Yeon

Maintenance/Test team while i was away:
@stali79, @Spanksh, @Starwaster, @Stone Blue, @Mycroft

Contributors:
(everyone above),
@Winchester
@Flashblade

-to be added-

And thanks to anyone who made a bug report and suggestion, thank you all for helping me making this mod better and better!

88x31.png

This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Old OP:

Spoiler

>>> NOTICE <<<

This mod IS development again and next update is expected before 31st October!
more about the next update please see this post: 

Spoiler

You can also view some images of the next update here: http://imgur.com/a/ObJfZ

community member @stali79 and @Winchester have worked hard to maintain and update this mod
here are the latest download link from them:

SpaceDock:

http://spacedock.info/mod/711/Orbit%20Portal%20Technology%20%5BOPT%5D%20Spaceplane%20Parts

Note that the release from them are a compilation of OPTv1.6-v1.8. So there will be older parts and they are renamed. Here is the new naming:

Spoiler

If some of the part does not have fuel in them, maybe these 2 posts can help: (second one requires interstellar fuel switch)

Spoiler

9BGvxsO.png

Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] is a Research and Development company dedicated to space plane and trans-atmospheric propulsion technology. OPT was formed in late 2014, and after 1 year of development, OPT is proudly to announce our newest release of our modular space plane parts! OPT pack contains 3 type of fuselage systems (IJK), a variety of space plane wings and a selection of experimental propulsion systems. If you have been a long time contractor with OPT, some of our old parts has been removed from the new contract, but they will be made available (soon) in the legacy section. Please leave a suggestion or comment if you have anything in mind. OPT would like to thank you for your support.

About this mod:

This parts pack is designed for building SSTO and TAVs in Kerbal Space Program [v1.05].
There are 3 type of fuselage systems I, J and K: I-type is circular fuselage 2.5m in diameter. Currently only cockpit and tail is available.
J-type is a lifting body fuselage developed by following the design principle of the Mk2 system. J fuselage is 5m by 2.94m (compare to 2.5m by 1.5m of mk2 system). 
K-type is also a lifting body fuselage, but it's designed for extra wide cargos. K fuselage is 8m by 3.2m, with a cargo limit of 4.75m by 2.9m. 
Currently this mod includes a few wing pieces. I am working on a pack that contains at least 10 wing pieces "OPT Wing Expansion". 
There are 4 engines included with this pack, 2 of them are very powerful and they are only available after unlock of Aerospace Tech, or Experimental Tech.

This mod's art style is hugely leaned towards "stock-alike", the J type fuselage is inspired by the Mk2 system.
There are also other inspirations comes from Animation, sci-fi movies and sci-fi artworks.

NOTE on V1.8

Firespitter, Interstellar Fuel Switch is bundled with the download

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkkcjrtefx38iai/OPT1.8testV4.01.zip?dl=0

V1.8 test release 4
Mainly needs test out if theres any bug with stock aero, texture glitches or mesh glitches. Meanwhile ill work on finalizing the other things like the iva and balancing and mod supports
Everything in this pack will be remained as it is in the release, so you can add them into your main game. But it doesn't work with OPTv1.7 or the test release 1.
Included 5 craft file that requires Adjustable Landing Gears:

Install by unzip into the ksp install directory, bundled with newest moduleManager and Firespitter.dll

LEASE DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION OF OPT FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING A NEWER VERSION

============ LEGACY DOWNLOADS ============

WvTSgaI.png

Personal Recommended Mods:

[thread=25823]TAC Fuel Balancer[/thread] -By TaranisElsu <<--- Highly recommended for building SpacePlanes

[thread=107802]Throttle Controlled Avionics[/thread] -By Allista <<--- Highly recommended for building VTOLs

[thread=99660]Adjustable Landing Gears[/thread] -By BahamutoD <<--- Highly recommended for utility

[thread=104966]B9 Aerospace - Procedural Wings[/thread] - By B9 <<--- Highly recommended for utility

[thread=98943]Distant Objects[/thread] -By MOARdV, originally by Rubber Ducky <<--- Highly recommended for Visuals

[thread=96497]Planet Shine[/thread] -By Valerian <<--- Highly recommended for Visuals

Included Mods:

[thread=55219]Module Manager[/thread] -By sarbian

Compatibility:

There should no compatibility problem with other mods

Common Questions and Answer:

Q: I have trouble installing this mod

A: Try CKAN, search for OPT, CKAN will install this mod automatically for you

Q: the wing piece doesn't work, i used FAR before.

A: I haven't confirmed but is possible you forgot to delete the ModularFlightIntegrator which comes with FAR. After you removed both FAR folder and FlightIntegrator folder, try remove module manager's config cache and config SHA, then the wings should work after reload the game.

Q: Help with building space planes?

A: [thread=52080]Basic Aircraft Design[/thread]

Q: My previous save from Version1.69 broke after this update

A: you can download the legacy pack to get those old parts back

Q: Why are the landing gears gone?

A: I think Ajustable Landing Gears are much much better, go and download them!

Q: the engine's nozzle turns too fast it looks un-natural

A: download km_gimbal plugin herehttps://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/km_Gimbal/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

Q: Missing parts and some animations are not working!

A: Go to your GameData, make sure there is only one ModuleManager.dll. Otherwise it could be your computer ran out of memories, try active texture or the unofficial ksp x64 bit workaround.

Q: Why does my craft flip backwards?

A: Try built your spaceplane with empty fuel tank first, make sure CoM is in front of CoL. Afterwards try add fuel close to CoM.

Q: I think these engines are over powered

A: If you think it's over powered then you could try edit the cfg, if you found a suitable config for that engine post a forum reply ill take a look! Otherwise you can manually delete the part.

Q: in the which mods are used in your ablum?

A: Mod that i suggested

Special Credits To:

• Porkjet - texture References
  • Blowfish - producing FAR cfg for this mod
  • Bakase - writing descriptions for parts
  • Starwaster - DRE support cfg
  • Cpt Kipard - texture, modelling references
  • InsanePlumber - helping with texture converting

Also Thanks to ALL who made a suggestion, supporting and downloaded this mod!

An old trailer for OPT v1.6:

Spoiler

PBpMwBe.png

Thanks To:

Andrew S

Zachary T

SiMin Y

Jason M

Michael A

For your kind donations!

Im currently saving up for a desktop to replace my laptop,

so your contributions will be put to good use on more future mods or even videos!

88x31.png

This work is Licensed under a Creative Commons

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by K.Yeon
66 people like this

Well now, that looks pretty cool! Welcome to the forums, and what a first post! :)

1 person likes this

That's cool, I really like the j adaptor fuel tank, the cockpit isn't to my liking but that's just me. I could see this as an alternative to b9 at somepoint in the future for larger aircraft parts depending on how much you expand it.

Looking good. Time to download and take for a spin.

Welcome.

thankyou for the comments! yes i am working on the iva for the current cockpit also 2 other new cockpit for j parts and k parts!

Where did the post go?

It's back. That was weird though.

Anyway, good start. Keep at it.

1 person likes this

Looking good. Very stock alike.

Really good. I usually don't consider "stockalike" a real compliment or a feature, but since they introduced SPP parts, I'm making an exception for spaceplanes. :) I really like the looks of this, would go great with B9's Mk.5 cockpit.

1 person likes this

Very nice! If you need help with the IVA I would be more than willing to help.

Instant download! I know I'm not the only spaceplane junkie who longs for parts not entirely cylindrical. A series of tubes, if you will. :cool:

Edit: I'm flying a plane to the Mun right now, admiring your mod. With some cargo bays and docking nodes, this mod will be perfect. :) Thanks!

Edited by Voculus
1 person likes this

Downloaded and used, nice part kit (obviously limited in parts). I got a small bug report (if it can be called one), when you EVA the hatch throws you at some speed away from the craft.

Very nice stuff! I played with this for a while and here are my impressions.

Wb6EEAJ.png

Things I like:

The J series parts (LOVE them! I've wanted this part for a long time)

The little adapter piece with monoprop in it.

The flawless fit and finish of the parts

The textures (blend well with stock parts)

The awesome shader on the cockpit glass!

Things I don't like

The cockpit: It seems too scaled-up. It doesn't give the impression of it's massive size. It's a little cartoony, but that could grow on me.

Suggestions:

A J-series cargo bay with a wide profile. Hinging where the top of the 1.25 meter shoulders are. That would be awesome.

I can't wait to see what you will do with the K-series stuff you are planning. Keep it up!

Very nice stuff! I played with this for a while and here are my impressions.

Things I like:

The J series parts (LOVE them! I've wanted this part for a long time)

The little adapter piece with monoprop in it.

The flawless fit and finish of the parts

The textures (blend well with stock parts)

The awesome shader on the cockpit glass!

Things I don't like

The cockpit: It seems too scaled-up. It doesn't give the impression of it's massive size. It's a little cartoony, but that could grow on me.

Suggestions:

A J-series cargo bay with a wide profile. Hinging where the top of the 1.25 meter shoulders are. That would be awesome.

I can't wait to see what you will do with the K-series stuff you are planning. Keep it up!

Thankyou for the feedback exo, it seems more than few people told me about how the cockpit looks too scaled up haha ill be fixing that... I just finished work on the Cargo Bay you can see it in the album it be avalible to download soon!

Thankyou for the feedback exo, it seems more than few people told me about how the cockpit looks too scaled up haha ill be fixing that... I just finished work on the Cargo Bay you can see it in the album it be avalible to download soon!

Wow, that cargo bay is great! Hopefully it will be set up so that the top and bottom doors can be opened independently of each other, if we so choose. It wouldn't necessarily be a disaster if both sides opened and closed as one, but it would still be nice to have the either/or option. :) Keep up the great work, and keep releasing parts often, lol!

:D

Ooh, that cargobay opens on top and bottom! Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it! :D

The new cockpit looks great!

I'm very exited for the new cargo bay, that looks handy. Is there any chance of an alternate texture without the black heat tiles for those crazy few of us who like to build rockets with these instead of spaceplanes?

These parts look amazing! Well done!

I love the new cockpit, the cargo bay (double-door sets actually fill a niche that is missing in mods like b9!), as well as the adapters and such too! Once you get closer to completion, I would be willing to work up MM configs to make your parts compatable with Real Fuels, if you like. One final aestetic thought on the cockpit; usually a nose-type section

A brief question; do you plan to make adapters for some of the larger b9 Aerospace parts? It's fine if not, just curious :)

Finally, would you consider making a long version of the j fuselage? I make long crafts typically, and too many segments can make for wobbly frames ;) NP if not interested though, I understand.