Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

6 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

please?

9 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

We must unite! Only by protesting in large numbers can we convince them to bring it back! 

Surely you mean "in large letters."

I didn't even know there was a notification sound. Likely because I silence any and all noises that every device I own could possibly make without my permission.

50 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I didn't even know there was a notification sound. Likely because I silence any and all noises that every device I own could possibly make without my permission.

To stop your devices from having independence and free thought  To make them silent if your in a meeting or something?

15 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

To stop your devices from having independence and free thought  To make them silent if your in a meeting or something?

Neither. Because I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it. Like, a lot. Imagine the single biggest hate of your life. I hate it that much.

32 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's possible to bring back, since the moderators are not the tech gurus of the forum. That would be the great and all-powerful @ManeTI.

Perhaps a sacrifice is in order then, to curry his favor. Let’s all make with the ominous chanting! and annoy @5thHorseman till he appreciates the dink. ;)

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Neither. Because I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it. Like, a lot. Imagine the single biggest hate of your life. I hate it that much.

I understand your opinion of it, but see, for me, it is a nice distraction firm the bored tedium which is office hours. The "dink" was a nice way of letting me know I could be doing something else.

#bringbackthedink

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I understand your opinion of it, but see, for me, it is a nice distraction firm the bored tedium which is office hours. The "dink" was a nice way of letting me know I could be doing something else.

#bringbackthedink

Oh I do not mind one bit if others allow their computers to do this hateful, terrible thing.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:49 PM, Dman979 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's possible to bring back, since the moderators are not the tech gurus of the forum. That would be the great and all-powerful @ManeTI.

Hi guys, the notification chime was never disabled by us, not sure if it was a bug, anyway we have updated the forums software to the latest version, let me know if that fixed the problem.

1 hour ago, ManeTI said:

Hi guys, the notification chime was never disabled by us, not sure if it was a bug, anyway we have updated the forums software to the latest version, let me know if that fixed the problem.

Yay! Thanks! The dink is back... @ManeTI, you're our hero!

#thedinkisback! (at least on mobile)

Edited by adsii1970

On 4/25/2018 at 11:02 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I tend to visit this forum via an activity stream of the forums I care about, and for the past 2-3 days (I've been on vacation so not actively checking every hour like I normally do :) ) that stream has either been totally bare or only had 1-2 items in it, and at the top are the words

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Looks like (exactly 2 months later) this is starting to come back. The text is still at the top of the activity stream, but now there are posts as well.

So whatever whomever was doing, they seem to have did it and it seems to have worked.

So thank you! :)

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I actually went "yay!" out loud when it dinked loading up the page. 

Me too! I had a few dings during office hours today. Made those mandatory office hours a bit more endurable... :D

In the Kerbal Edu subforum, there is a stickied post called forum rules.  Its date is 1969 and it is an unavailable page.  

It was probably never noticed because nobody visits that subforum.