[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

New here, maybe? :P

Nah, I just remembered Cobalt saying that he was doing the entire Saturn family, Nova included, so I wondered if that would be the next step.  It's been awhile since I creeped on the roadmap, but I know there wasn't really anything past Saturn planned, Delta was more of a 'if you're looking for somewhere else to go' type thought, I'm not really sure it makes sense to do.

Individual engine request stands though. 

3 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

NOPE INTENSIFIES

Before too long you'll have to remove that 1B...

42 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

-KSP 1.1.2 Compatibility
-Updated DMagicScienceAnimate
-Added TRAILS Gemini parts.

-Screw you I hate changelogs

Hah. Does that mean you're finally retiring the Karrot?

1 minute ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Nah, I just remembered Cobalt saying that he was doing the entire Saturn family, Nova included, so I wondered if that would be the next step.  It's been awhile since I creeped on the roadmap, but I know there wasn't really anything past Saturn planned, Delta was more of a 'if you're looking for somewhere else to go' type thought, I'm not really sure it makes sense to do.

Individual engine request stands though. 

Before too long you'll have to remove that 1B...

Hah. Does that mean you're finally retiring the Karrot?

I make all my engines individual. I just did Saturn 1, I think Saturn 1B and 5 would have to come first huh? Haha. I have stuff planned to probably last me until next year, easily. Yes, the Karrot is officially retired. I still have the files so not promises you won't see it again some day.

Sleep deprived feedback from latest github as of tonight: (read, I have no idea the progress on these minor points)

Gemini_Structure_A: Description is copypastaed from the SM, which lead to some head scratching initially.

bluedog_malhenaSolar: I really like the model, it's pretty spiffy. I have no idea where in the tech tree to suggest to put it and its brethren malhena(nice name), though.

bd_gemini_cap: Looks fine. Name is out of the pattern. Depends on how OCD anyone is, this is likely the most minor of issues.

I hope tomorrow night to have some more time to poke at zee gemini parts. If the damned 1.1.2 will run long enough to do so. (I have been blessed with frequent crashes on scene change! I could have stayed with 0.90 on OS X if I was satisfied with such, grumblegrumble...)

Overall, big thumbs up on the new toys. The artwork is fabulous!

hi CobaltWolf !

just shaw u new Artwork - congrats it looks great ! the Artwork Design is fabulous !

delicious manual and roadmap. thnx for work ! just download your new package.

cheers !

7 hours ago, DiceCaller said:

I just downloaded the newest version...  Where is the "MOSSY"?  I like your work, but the 1.875 lab was my favourite part.

6 hours ago, BrutalRIP said:

have the solar panels in the OP gone cos i just lost my station because solar2 is missing

They are all still in the development version on Github (is downloading the repo), but were not included in the actual release because MOS is not ready yet. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Looking super fly deluxe!

@CobaltWolf

Is your 2 man Karrot pod 1.5m in diameter? I ask because it is a perfect analogue for the HGR Radish pod. I never cared much for the Radish exterior, but it has a decent IVA, and last I checked, the Karrot was lacking an IVA, but had a good exterior, so I was thinking....

And I would resize it to 1.875m in the process. A rescale of 1.5 (I assumed it was a 1.25m part) was too much, 1.25 should just about do it. There is also the Corvus Pod by Orion (maker of HGR) if you're looking for an good IVA that would probably fit well.

Cheers.

Edited by Deimos Rast

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Is your 2 man Karrot pod 1.5m in diameter? I ask because it is a perfect analogue for the HGR Radish pod. I never cared much for the Radish exterior, but it has a decent IVA, and last I checked, the Karrot was lacking an IVA, but had a good exterior, so I was thinking....

And I would resize it to 1.875m in the process. A rescale of 1.5 (I assumed it was a 1.25m part) was too much, 1.25 should just about do it. There is also the Corvus Pod by Orion (maker of HGR) if you're looking for an good IVA that would probably fit well.

That would work, except the Karrot is no longer in the mod, and all of OrionKermin's work is All Rights Reserved, so I can't just use it. But the Karrot WAS inspired by the Radish.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Why'd you give the Karrot the axe?;.; I haven't read the changelog yet, whoops.

And I gathered as much from the name, yeah.

Because we now have @Beale's TRAILS parts, the command pod of which is far nicer looking. TRAILS is integrated into BDB in a modified form, similar to how FASA uses DennyTX's Saturn and Apollo parts (iirc). The Karrot was not up to my standards and was due to receive a very heavy rework in terms of modeling and texturing, and in the end it made more sense for me to simply remove it once @Beale agreed to have TRAILS included in BDB. I still have all the files etc so it's not like I can't change my mind, but for the foreseeable future I am leaving it out. 

EDIT: Finally awake and noticed I missed some stuff.

8 hours ago, komodo said:

Sleep deprived feedback from latest github as of tonight: (read, I have no idea the progress on these minor points)

Gemini_Structure_A: Description is copypastaed from the SM, which lead to some head scratching initially.

bluedog_malhenaSolar: I really like the model, it's pretty spiffy. I have no idea where in the tech tree to suggest to put it and its brethren malhena(nice name), though.

bd_gemini_cap: Looks fine. Name is out of the pattern. Depends on how OCD anyone is, this is likely the most minor of issues.

I hope tomorrow night to have some more time to poke at zee gemini parts. If the damned 1.1.2 will run long enough to do so. (I have been blessed with frequent crashes on scene change! I could have stayed with 0.90 on OS X if I was satisfied with such, grumblegrumble...)

Overall, big thumbs up on the new toys. The artwork is fabulous!

Thanks! Yeah I've had so much crashes lately it's a PITA to test stuff.

I'll look into the structure description, and pass a new one on to @Beale if it needs one. I haven't given much thought to the tech tree placement of the MOS and expanded Gemini stuff, but I need to look into it to figure out what more they'll need.

6 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

hi CobaltWolf !

just shaw u new Artwork - congrats it looks great ! the Artwork Design is fabulous !

delicious manual and roadmap. thnx for work ! just download your new package.

cheers !

Thanks Raendy! You can blame @DiscoSlelge for the brilliant manual - I need to take some new orthographics for him since apparently KVV is broken for Mac users in Unity 5, with no sign of being fixable. Hopefully we'll have an updated version of the manual soon.

@Starbuckminsterfullerton I don't think I ever fully replied to you. As @VenomousRequiem said, I am not particularly interested in Nova (though it will hopefully get done at some point) and am definitely not interested in Delta IV. Delta III is a firm 'Maybe' seeing as I'd only have to make a couple parts for y'all to be able to build it - pretty much just the LF tank and the upper stage tankage, since the RL-10 on that stage is already on the roadmap. On the topic of RL-10s, @VenomousRequiem modeled a really great replacement for the current one. My plan is to only have two 'versions' of the RL-10, which I think will be sufficient. One with the normal bell, and one with the animated extension. At any rate, I technically have a ton of content to do before I even get the Saturn stuff done, and then there's a TON of stuff to do for Saturn and Apollo. I'm not too worried about what I'm going to do afterwards. :wink: 

EDIT2: Two more quick things.

One, I took a bunch of screenshots last night that I'll need to upload and share at some point today. 

Two, if anyone has requests for compatibility with other mods please let me know. I'm not saying I'm going to do them but I can at least log them in Github and feel guilty. Please check the Issues Page before asking, no point in asking for something that I've already taken note of. Volunteering, on the other hand... :wink: 

Edited by CobaltWolf

Hello. A slight Request:

If you are doing Saturn (I know you are) is there any chance of a Saturn 1D? It was a version of the Saturn 1 that, instead of 8 engines that stayed with the stage until burnout, it had five at launch, then drop four in the air similar to Atlas. Payload was said to be in excess of 70 tonnes.

15 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

If you are doing Saturn (I know you are) is there any chance of a Saturn 1D? It was a version of the Saturn 1 that, instead of 8 engines that stayed with the stage until burnout, it had five at launch, then drop four in the air similar to Atlas. Payload was said to be in excess of 70 tonnes.

1458855449-maybe.jpg

Probably at some point.

EDIT: I had another thought - I don't have a name for Apollo! Let the fight commence!

Edited by CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

1458855449-maybe.jpg

Probably at some point.

ah, a Ross Bob Response. Thanks.

Also, a little correction: the S-1D was a Saturn V stage, so if you are going to release it, you should probably do it with the rest of the SN-5 parts

2 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Also, a little correction: the S-1D was a Saturn V stage, so if you are going to release it, you should probably do it with the rest of the SN-5 parts

I am just doing the canon parts for the main Saturn family (S1, S1B, and S5) as well as parts that are necessary to flesh out the sizes (ie 3.125m decoupler and fairing base, etc) before I move on to more variants. In any case, I probably won't do more than S1 for the time being. It was mostly just meant to be a surprise present for y'all. I am still not focused on Saturn.

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Sol? As in Latin Sun. It makes sense, but by that logic we may as well call it Kerbol. 

@davidy12 Absolutely not. Isn't that already taken by that old Apollo capsule mod? 

No. Which one?

If not fine, Hephestus? or Kerphestus? 

Or leto, (Apollo's brother).

The issue being that we exhausted a lot (read: all) of our Greek-god names on the Titan parts, between the ones in already and ones that have names reserved for them. Helios and Leto are both used already for example. I don't want it to be too long either, like 3 syllables max.

Edited by CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The issue being that we exhausted a lot (read: all) of our Greek-god names on the Titan parts, between the ones in already and ones that have names reserved for them. Helios and Leto are both used already for example. I don't want it to be too long either, like 3 syllables max.

Let's all have a vote for Hyacinth, Apollo's lesser known male lover. :wink: