Snark

[1.7.x] MissingHistory v1.7.3: Handy parts to complement Making History.

22 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

As per my understanding - see the IL mod - you did what you wanted to have, and let others like me participate from the mod.

Knowing you just a little bit, I'm pretty sure you won't be "offended" by someone just having a different opinion, and why would you? We aren't little kids anymore, hehe :)

You didn't contribute to the Indicator Lights Mod itself, but to the Indicator Lights Community Extensions which installs as a separate mod that is there just for contributions like what you provided.

18 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Snark, do me a favor please: stop justifying and explaining yourself, ok? 

Would you do the same if forced, to please others?

So what?

I see a lot of questions like you are still seeking answers. Snark is notoriously long winded, so if you don't want a wall of text, you shouldn't be asking questions. At the same time reading his posts provide a much more nuanced and reasonable explanation than you get from most forum members.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

You didn't contribute to the Indicator Lights Mod itself, but to the Indicator Lights Community Extensions which installs as a separate mod that is there just for contributions like what you provided.

And what's your point here, I don't understand, sorry.

17 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

you shouldn't be asking questions

I didn't, save for rhetorical questions. Like " Why do that in the first place?" and "why would I want to have that extra work in the first place if I simply want to have additional parts that should but aren't in the MH expansion? Why not put changes to stock part in a separate mod?" I thought it to be obvious that these are rhetorical questions, especially in light of "why would I want", first person.

Do me a favor too, please, speak plain and direct with me, I'm not good with "reading between the lines", for reasons.

Edited by VoidSquid

10 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

And what's your point here, I don't understand, sorry.

As per my understanding - see the IL mod - you did what you wanted to have, and let others like me participate from the mod.

It appeared from this comment you were under the impression you contributed to the Indicator Lights mod. I was just pointing out that was not the case there is Snark's IL mod and a separate Community Extensions add on for public contributions. It appeared you want the same experience here. IF that is the case go write it yourself. 

10 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Do me a favor too, please, speak plain and direct with me, I'm not good with "reading between the lines" for reasons.

I would love to, but I don't want to waste my time as anything I have to add at this point is likely to edited by a moderator.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

It appeared from this comment you were under the impression you contributed to the Indicator Lights mod

No, and I have zero idea what gave you this impression.

If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

For my part, I'm sick of this "discussion", and this "reading between the lines".

Edited by VoidSquid

@Snark, I found a couple of Exception Errors when using MH with Kerbal Atomics, the associated LH2 NTR patch for MH, and RealPlume.  I wasn't sure whether @Nertea wrote his own patch or whether you're feeding them to him.  In any case, I posted in the KA forum here: 

Posted (edited)

Goodness gracious, I should have installed this mod sooner. It's so good. The Pug, in particular, is so good.

...Perhaps it is a bit too good, even :P You see, since installing Missing History, I have no used the Terrier even once. Before, I've always had the choice between it and downsizing to something like a Spark or a cluster of Ants, which in some configurations is superior due to the lowered mass, even if the Isp is worse. Now, I have an engine with a lot less mass but almost the same Isp, so it handily beats both of those options. Add to it that I routinely throttle the Terrier down for most applications anyway... I just landed a 2.5m sized lander on the Mun even, with a single Pug, and it wasn't even that awkward. I suppose that the Terrier will make a return as a lander engine on worlds with slightly higher gravity, like Vall, Duna and Moho, but for anything in Kerbin's SOI, the Pug is better every time.

Example: a simple 1.25m upper stage with a pod, parachute, heatshield, decoupler, FL-T400 tank, and an engine:

Terrier: 2320 m/s, 1.52 TWR
Spark: 2481 m/s, 0.56 TWR
Pug: 2562 m/s, 0.82 TWR (with onboard fuel removed)
Pug: 2736 m/s, 0.78 TWR (with onboard fuel included)

In my experience, when one engine completely crowds out all others in the same niche, it's deserving of some adjustment. I recommend lowering its vacuum Isp by 5, to 335. And/or consider moving it to either Propulsion Systems or Fuel Systems (it carries onboard fuel, after all) for research.

Note: these are recommendations based on my own limited viewpoint. If you are happy with the Pug as it is, that's okay. :)

Edited by Streetwind

Hey Snark.

This mod is great! Awesome models and adds a lot of wonderful parts. I especially love the "palici" command pod.

Is there any chance your thinking of adding the Nuclear Turbojet engine from atomic age? That engine has always been one of my absolute favorite engines that I have ever played with. The sound is so nice, the functionality of it and such. I saw you had the other two engines from atomic age so I thought perhaps you would consider adding this one as well. I know it doesn't really fit the theme of this mod but it really would be such a nice addition to have in the game again. 

I remember I made a spaceplane with this engine that could cruise along Tekto from OPM and it was so cool. I think its this plane if I remember correctly https://imgur.com/a/ZZexb .

Anyway its just something to consider! None of this is to take away from how amazing you mod already is! Keep up the awesome work I cant believe how many good mods you make! I really appreciate all the work you do. 

Thanks!

Al

@adella Linuxgurugamer adopted Atomic Age and it should be working in current KSP.  I use the wraparound radiators but haven't needed the engines. I do know the two engines Snark included from that mod are rescaled to a different size than the original Atomic Age engines, so they don't have same properties. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, Tonka Crash said:

Snark is notoriously long winded

I rather prefer to say that @Snark is "Delightfully detailed" in responses and explanations :)

Edited by Beetlecat

Much need mod, Making History parts were so annoying to be missing a battery, reaction wheel,  cargo module, etc. 

Thanks!

Spoiler