[Mod Idea] Humanization

KGas- Inc

On 3/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, KGas- Inc said:

Anyone have any desire to do something like this? 

Nope. Blowing and smashing Human Beings doesn't appears to be a mentaly healthy way to spend weekends. :)

This may even impact the brand - KSP needs to be playable by kids of all ages, not only by PG-13 audience. So I think this Add'On would be have some reserves on Forum.

It's what I try to do with my Kerbals. But now and then, some get killed.

Deadly crashes are inherent to the game, and the main reason it's insanely funnier than Orbiter. But yet, this must be done without getting labeled PG13 or something.

It's not your idea the problem (it's a nice idea). But it happens to be tricky to implement.

Several years ago someone was trying to rework the Kerbal model, replacing it with a proportional human figure wearing human spacesuit.
Initially he successfully attached a motionless human model on top of Kerbal.
In his video this was looking like a Kerbal is running around the KSC trying to hide a corpse of a killed human spaceman.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:03 AM, Lisias said:

Nope. Blowing and smashing Human Beings doesn't appears to be a mentaly healthy way to spend weekends. :)

This may even impact the brand - KSP needs to be playable by kids of all ages, not only by PG-13 audience. So I think this Add'On would be have some reserves on Forum.

Then dont download it.

Thats the thing with mods, no one forces you to play them

7 hours ago, crazyewok said:

Then dont download it.

Thats the thing with mods, no one forces you to play them

It's not how business works. They have a Brand, and this brand is associated on people's mind to a set of concepts.

You will never see nudes on the official Disney's channel due a reason (and if you publish something like this on a country where Disney can reach you and the thing becomes a hit, they will go after you for sure).

Assuming I'm right about this (realistic humans being killed on the game being considered damaging to their brand), they will be forced to do something similar.

But, of course, I'm not Squad neither TTI. It's theirs such decision. Feel free to ask them about. :)

Edited by Lisias
Tyops!

I'm sure they won't change the Kerbal model just for a simple reason.

Spoiler

Azure_Saga_Pathfinder_Deluxe_Switch-1038

VS

lineage-1998.jpg

If make the human proportions, you need a much higher resolution to see the face.

That's why the cartoon characters have enormously big heads.

So, if make Kerbal with small heads, they will stop being brave&stupid, they will be just mobs.

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.