Kerbal Space Program DLC: “Breaking Gound” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

28 minutes ago, Foxster said:

It is being released at 1pm EST = 5pm GMT = 6pm BST (current UK time).

Excellent! That's 11 AM my time. I'll have almost the whole day :D

(edit) and a whole night's rest and breakfast.

Edited by Xavven

6 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Sooooo.... who else is going to wait 2 days to see if there are any major bug reports?   Or are we all so giddy we're all diving in headfirst?   :D

I'm probably going to have to wait 2 days anyway since GoG isn't too speedy with their Linux releases.

46 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

who else is going to wait 2 days to see if there are any major bug reports?

I have to work tomorrow.

My coworker took off Friday, Good Omens releases, Saturday is gaming night, and I've got the kids this weekend.

It'll be Sunday before I get a chance to install, much less play, the new version.

52 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Sooooo.... who else is going to wait 2 days to see if there are any major bug reports?   Or are we all so giddy we're all diving in headfirst?   :D

Will download an play around with, probably wait an week before moving my exiting game as it looks like it will be significant changes to stuff like KIS 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

I'm jumping in headfirst. I took tomorrow off specifically for this release. 11 AM local time I'm gonna be starting a new career save. BRING IT ON!

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Are the surface features added to planets in existing saves or is a new save required to get the full experience?

New saves, but there are ways to edit old saves.

1 minute ago, RocketSquid said:

Oh dear. Staring at that thing gives me a headache, but I suppose it's unavoidable unless I want to lose quite a bit of stuff. 

Anything you'll lose can be done again, maybe even better.

Headfirst AF. I'll probably have to wait a few weeks to start a for-real campaign while Nertea and RD update their mods though. 

5 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Me too. Maybe there's some reason why they can't be but I'd love to see a few of those things bigger. 

I can't think of one. The Tylo Cave is HUGE.

I'm doing both. Stock DLC game to play with robotics in sandbox, modded 1.7.0 career (that I likely won't play much) until all the mods work and I get ground scatter working.

Edited by 5thHorseman

9 hours ago, Foxster said:

Yea, I don't think they are like anomalies. As I said, a bit more like rarer scatters.  

They are specific to planets and specific biomes on said planets. and they are random with each save game.

25 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I can't think of one. The Tylo Cave is HUGE.

Wait is that one of them? I thought that was a one-off anomaly? 

And yeah like, don't get me wrong, all these things look great. I couldn't be more psyched for Breaking Ground. Just thinking the cryovolcano and Moho ridge and a couple others would have more visual drama if they had a bit grander scale (3-5x maybe.)

4 hours ago, Foxster said:

It is being released at 1pm EST = 5pm GMT = 6pm BST (current UK time).

4 hours ago, nestor said:

Yes, that's official!

That is 5am in NZ which is my hourish of game time!  Yippee!

Peace.

33 minutes ago, klesh said:

Anything you'll lose can be done again, maybe even better.

Yeah, but I don't fancy doing five or six Mun missions again. I just got through that science grind. Of course, I can technically just... copy over the science and such. Or copy in the surface features. I don't know which one will be better.

19 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah I think people are confusing existing anomolies in the game vs the new surface features that are part of Breaking Ground Expansion.

23 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Sorry all I meant was if they can make the Tylo Cave that big they could make a volcano that big.

Edited by 5thHorseman

24 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Sorry all I meant was if they can make the Tylo Cave that big they could make a volcano that big. 

Hopefully they can be modded to be 3-5x bigger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.