Coffee

TheKSPBeginner

What is your opinion on Coffee  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like coffee

18 minutes ago, garryslash said:

I drink 5 or 6 cups a day and I'm still alive.

I'll let you know if it kills me.

Lightweight. ;)

I'm still at a pot per day for me. I've cut back from 2.

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Lightweight. ;)

Amateurs, I always eat the beans and then drink boiling water

So many coffee enjoyers here, and still no mods for coffee ISRU in KSP. 
Even ISS has an Espresso machine.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

A greenhouse for beans, a mill to mill, an incinerator to fry, a boiler to boil.
And resources: RawCoffeeBeans, MilledCoffeeBeans, FriedCoffeeBeans, Coffee.

A Kerbal Addiction mod with the Coffee option.

Edited by kerbiloid

17 hours ago, garryslash said:

I drink 5 or 6 cups a day and I'm still alive.

I'll let you know if it kills me.

16 hours ago, GDJ said:

Lightweight. ;)

Depends on what they meant by "Cup". 8 oz? Sure, lightweight. What most everybody considers a cup of coffee? That's about a pot. The mug I use? That'd be about 2 pots.

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Depends on what they meant by "Cup". 8 oz? Sure, lightweight. What most everybody considers a cup of coffee? That's about a pot. The mug I use? That'd be about 2 pots.

If you're at pots, it's best to have the pot kept warm and use a regular cup.  Else the coffee just cools off too soon.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

True coffeemen should use "syringes" to not spend the precious product by digestion.

Edited by kerbiloid

Myself personally I do like coffee. Don't need always need it, but it's helpful for staying awake during lectures. Plus one of the places where I study has free coffee, so thats used very often. Don't brew it at home though since I don't have any of the stuff. Or beans. 

Could call me a heathen though, I like milk and a ton of sugar in it.

Also like tea (mostly earl grey, drunk straight) 

On 10/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, EchoLima said:

I never had coffee. I don't like the the smell and just avoid drinking it. I plan on becoming a doctor though so I suspect that will change... 

Depends on the specialty. You won't need any for dermatology, for example... surgery? Yeah, you'll need coffee (my wife's a surgeon).

I’ve been wanting to chime in on this thread since day one, but was waiting until I Had time to do it justice. Waiting for my kid’s ice hockey game to start seems like a good time. Especially since I’m having a rare evening cuppa joe right now. 

Ah, coffee, the Elixir of Life, the Fountain of Wakefulness, the Mud of Mojo  I think I’ve established that I like coffee. That’s not to say that I drink it all day, though. I typically have a coupla 16oz cups in the morning, one before leaving for work and another (in my travel mug) to kickstart the shift. Much more than that and I may start to get jittery 

I’m one of those people who doesn’t care for bitter, be it beer or coffee. So I’m one of the heathens who needs to doctor my coffee with cream (the heavy 18% coffee cream, not that halfnhalf creamo stuff) and sugar. Even better is the chemical soup known as “International Delight” creamer, in all its wondrous flavours.

Hmm, maybe I should try evaporated milk, like my dad use to put in his coffee. But that may have been from living on an island where all the supplies were barged in; milk was either powdered or canned. Which reminds me of the time when I was four, and thought I’d do him a favour and make coffee for him - and put the grounds in the water reservoir. :confused:

Ah, the coffee that would be at my old work, sitting in  the pot for hours. I called that mud either Rocket Fuel or Wake-the-Dead coffee (if it didn’t wake you up, you were dead)

There’s that song, “I want Candy!”  You can guess what my version is. 

Dangit, while I was pecking this into my phone, my wife drank all the coffee! :mad:

17 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

There are 2 insulated coffee holders at work, each holds a pot. Someone put a label "Caramel coffee" on one of them.

I put a label "Actual coffee" on the other.

:D

I do that too.

A bit over a decade ago, I worked in a tech support call center for a server hosting company, on the 1500-2300 shift.  We had a breakroom that had three large coffee pots.  Morning shift would make coffee, but by the time we got in, it was not good.

A co-worker and I got into a routine.  Whichever one of us got in first would head to the breakroom, clean out one of the pots, and brew a new one.  Once it was done, he would grab two cups, the pot, head out to the floor, and set the pot on his desk.  There was usually not even a cup left by the time we clocked out.

People quickly learned not to mess with our coffee, and management eventually gave up on telling us not to do it.

(Wow. It's been a while since I've thought about that place.  I wonder what ever happened to the office I stole.)

I remember hearing this from YouTube celebrity Ross Scott in a classic episode of Freeman's Mind

"Coffee, coffee coffee, Coffee! It's not as strong as methamphetamine, but it lets you keep your teeth."

As for coffee in general, I freaking like coffee my favorite styles of coffee are Normal, Cappuccino, Greek and Café au Lait (which reminds me of a relaxed Sunday afternoon in Paris in a café on Boulevard Saint-Germain in the Latin Quarter which I enjoyed while on vacation to Paris.)

Edited by Jeb1969

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.