Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, icantthink said:

will owners of ksp 1 get ksp 2 for free???

No. This was confirmed a while back. I am very sorry but KSP2 is not for free for KSP1 players. Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

No. This was confirmed a while back. I am very sorry but KSP2 is not for free for KSP1 players. Sorry.

This makes sense. The reason to even bother making a sequel to a game instead of just making new features in updates is to earn more money (apart from getting to solve some issues that are to deeply within the code that you can't fix them without starting all over). If they just keep releasing updates for KSP 1, or give KSP 2 for free, then they wont make enough profit to pay for the development. that is also why they have paid DLC's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, icantthink said:

will owners of ksp 1 get ksp 2 for free???

Can you name one good reason why they should?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, razark said:

Can you name one good reason why they should?

Because most players are kids with shallow pockets, but want the game the same? ;) 

I can see a good P/R on giving a few KSP2 copies to kids on some contest or something using KSP1. Would keep interest on KSP 1 awaken for a while, and would help to promote the sequel.

Just be sure to giving the freebies to real kids, not to professional gamers (I think that would spoil the contest).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lisias said:

...

I can see a good P/R on giving a few KSP2 copies to kids on some contest or something using KSP1. Would keep interest on KSP 1 awaken for a while, and would help to promote the sequel.

Just be sure to giving the freebies to real kids, not to professional gamers (I think that would spoil the contest).

Ok.  That's actually pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 9:50 AM, icantthink said:

will owners of ksp 1 get ksp 2 for free???

They confirmed on day one everyone will have to buy it for $60

Edited by Guest
grammer correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, minerbat said:
On 4/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

No. This was confirmed a while back. I am very sorry but KSP2 is not for free for KSP1 players. Sorry.

This makes sense. The reason to even bother making a sequel to a game instead of just making new features in updates is to earn more money (apart from getting to solve some issues that are to deeply within the code that you can't fix them without starting all over). If they just keep releasing updates for KSP 1, or give KSP 2 for free, then they wont make enough profit to pay for the development. that is also why they have paid DLC's.

KSP 2 is being developed by developers unrelated to Squad. Yes, it won't be free for veterans so as to drive profits, but it isn't for the reason you think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $15 US dollars for KSP in May of 2012. Best money I ever spent. I would have gladly paid for the DLC just to support the developers, but I kept getting them for free because Squad kept its word to early supporters. 

If paying more than $60 would make KSP2 be finished faster, I'd gladly do so, but that isn't how it works. I think many of these hit and run giveme posts are people who will have forgotten that KSP even exists by the time KSP2 is out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Honestly, I would pay 100 dollars to play the game for 10 minutes.

I don't think the corporate types that Nate and crew have to answer to would allow that, though. Paying to preview a work in progress would probably lead to terrible PR. But they have been good enough to us to give us Friday updates for free!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I don't think the corporate types that Nate and crew have to answer to would allow that, though. Paying to preview a work in progress would probably lead to terrible PR. But they have been good enough to us to give us Friday updates for free!

Facts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TLTay said:

But they have been good enough to us to give us Friday updates for free!

Speaking of which.... Its almost FRIDAY!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

As we pointed out the last time this question was asked, there's no reason to be nasty to the people asking. Some comments have been removed, now please move on to other discussions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...