THE MOST VISITED AND THE LESS VISITED

bluespace34

Well, it's hard to say for the community, but for me...

I'm probably going to get some flak for this, but my most visited planet other than  Kerbin is probably Dres, at least in total time spent doing stuff there.

Least has to be Eeloo, as I have never gone there.

3 hours ago, bluespace34 said:

Which is the most visited planet and the least visited planet from your point of view?

Welcome to the forum!

Most visited planet will probably be Duna for most people, followed by either Jool/Eve

Least visited would probably be Dres or Moho for most people. As they are the hardest to reach in the game

Landing or orbiting or just being in the SOI?

For me personally, the most landed on is Mun, and the least is probably Eve. The most orbited is again probably Mun* and the least is probably one of Dres, Eeloo, Pol, or Bop. Same answer for just being in the SOI as I rarely visit an SOI without at least going into orbit.

*I'm excepting Kerbin from this as you can't really "visit" Kerbin when you launch from there.

Assuming you mean moons as well as planets, then the Mun would be the most visited.

If you mean strictly just planets, then Duna would be the most visited.

The least visited is likely to be Eeloo. Without mods is takes a long time to get to, is not interesting, solar power doesn’t work very well, and it takes a fair amount of dV to get to, and serves no practical purpose other than more science. 

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

Assuming you mean moons as well as planets, then the Mun would be the most visited.

If you mean strictly just planets, then Duna would be the most visited.

The least visited is likely to be Eeloo. Without mods is takes a long time to get to, is not interesting, solar power doesn’t work very well, and it takes a fair amount of dV to get to, and serves no practical purpose other than more science. 

Really? I found Eeloo to not be too difficult, Moho was the only planet I didn't land on the first try...

Maybe Moho isn't as hard as I remember it being lol (Icarus from GPP flashbacks...)

8 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I'm probably going to get some flak for this, but my most visited planet other than  Kerbin is probably Dres, at least in total time spent doing stuff there.

Wut?  You must be joking. 

13 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i don't remember ever seeing a report or challenge or anything mentioning moho, except for grand tours.

Coincidentally, some recent posts in What did you do in KSP today...

And to answer the OP: I think ironically that the least visited planet must be Earth. All the cool kids this side of the galactic arm seem to be partying on Neptune or something. I'm starting to take it personal...

9 hours ago, Madrocketman said:

Really? I found Eeloo to not be too difficult, Moho was the only planet I didn't land on the first try...

Maybe Moho isn't as hard as I remember it being lol (Icarus from GPP flashbacks...)

Note that I didn’t say it was difficult and that  is actually another reason why  I think it is the least visited. If the planet has no other interesting or practical reason to go to it, then at least being challenging to design a ship to get there and back would make it more interesting to visit.

In this case your ships needs to be large to have enough dV, but it’s not large enough that you need to start doing anything special like asparagus staging, etc. 

19 hours ago, bluespace34 said:

Which is the most visited planet and the least visited planet from your point of view?

This is quite a hard question for me personally my most visited if were talking about entering soi Jool and my least visited would be Eeloo but if were talking about landings my most visited would be Mun and my least would be Vall

Personally, I've only been to Moho twice in three years (I only play KSP once a month). I find it really frustrating to go there,  especially if you're not using nuclear propulsion. The surface of Moho is very flat and the overall landscape is a little too dull for my taste. Dres isn't much better but it has some nice canyons, and getting there is relatively easy by comparison, at least for me.

54 minutes ago, Timber Micka said:

Personally, I've only been to Moho twice in three years (I only play KSP once a month). I find it really frustrating to go there,  especially if you're not using nuclear propulsion. The surface of Moho is very flat and the overall landscape is a little too dull for my taste. Dres isn't much better but it has some nice canyons, and getting there is relatively easy by comparison, at least for me.

flat? I did drive some 400 km on Moho, and I've been using it to test landing gear since earlier. I find it the second more irregular body in the stock system, second only to Bop - but on bop you feel it less for the lower gravity.

Though it does depend a lot on the location, so maybe those two times you just never landed amid the hilly parts.

In fact, I went back to look at the relevant mission report, sometimes I use them like a diary, and I found this comment on the comparison between Moho and Dres

On 4/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, king of nowhere said:

I've been wanting to drive a rover on Moho for a long time. No, I couldn't just alf-f12 there. I did it, but it never lasted; I need an objective to reach, or I get bored in minutes. This was my chance. And now that I finally reached Moho, I have some advice for the rest of you.

Get away from here. Do it now!

Really, Moho sucks. Moho is ugly. Moho is bad and it should feel bad. If Moho and Dres made a contest for the most useless planet, Moho would win - although that's only because Dres is so useless that it can't even win contests, so perhaps we should call it a tie.

The surface is all rough and bumpy and the rover keeps skidding. The surface is also all similar, without anything interesting. It doesn't even have boulders or anything! (yes, ground scatter is activated, every other planet has nice stuff on it). And brown is dull. There are some hilly areas that may be more interesting, but they are on the other side of the planet.

On the plus side, Moho has a nice gravity for rovers and plenty of sunlight, so it's still a better driving experience than Dres.

If you’re just talking about planets, then my most visited is Jool, hands down. I’d say more than half of my interplanetary missions are to the Jool system in some capacity.

If not, then my most visited place is either Laythe or Mun.

The least visited place for me is definitely Eeloo. I think I’ve only ever gone there twice in the stock game, with the last time having been over 5 years ago. Even dres gets more attention from me than that, and I’m constantly dissing it on this forum. The reason I say “twice in the stock game”, however, is that I’ve visited Eeloo plenty of times with mods (OPM, Kerbol Origins) that make it a moon instead.

If I had to say most visited, it would probably be Minmus. I've spent a lot of time on that frozen wasteland, including building several bases and an elcano. Second to that would be Duna.

The least visited would probably be either Moho or Eeloo. I've only sent one manned mission there and it required such a beast of a rocket that I'm not inclined to try it again, and at least 2 probe missions that I can remember. I did send a manned mission to Eeloo once a few years back. Haven't been there in years, but I do remember sending at least one probe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.