[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

45 minutes ago, Astra Infinitum said:

**FYI**  

If you want to use the craft files from ACK and have them actually load without errors, please read this lil quick tutorial. I thought it would help anyone else annoyed by it like me.

Ok so, If you're hoping to install only this mod and use the craft files from the mod that come with it, they will not work. Well the orion craft will but not any of the stacked launcher craft files.

Craft files will not work succesfully without installing BluedogDB. Obviously nobody wants to have to install the way too entirely too large and bloated parts pack that is BluedogDB. I love the pack but honestly does anyone use ALL the parts in it? Cmon. It's too bloated and anyone who installs alot of mods will testify that you should cut out whatever parts you dont use.

So For anyone wanting the craft files from ACK to work "out of the box" who does not want to have to install the whole BluedogDB pack, you can make everything work by downloading BluedogDB and extracting just the files/folders needed.  The main ones are the Centaur RL10 Engine and the Delta DCSS and the Delta AJ10 engine.

Everything needed from Bluedog Design Bureau is bundled within ACK - there is a MM patch that disables them if the main BDB mod is installed so you don't have duplicate parts. Same for RMM which provides the RS-25 main engines. 

If you are getting errors trying to open the craft files it is for a different reason. I would be interested to see the error message you're getting. 

1 hour ago, Astra Infinitum said:

**FYI**  

If you want to use the craft files from ACK and have them actually load without errors, please read this lil quick tutorial. I thought it would help anyone else annoyed by it like me.

The craft files from the latest ACK release on Spacedock all load fine. I updated just now, I do not have BDB in this install, and all craft files work. I don't have NeptuneCamera in this install, so most of the craft files show "Unknown part module" in the VAB, but they still load fine.

p.s. yes, people do use all of BDB - I am one of them.

Artemis Construction Kit RO Configs V1.1 is now Available!

Changes Include:

- Accurate Mass Changes for most parts
- Support for Orion Star Tracker and Antenna Parts
- Corrected scaling for Orion and the ICPS
- Corrected Fuel Loads for the ICPS
- Corrected Real Chute drag modifiers for Orion
- For the use of Block 1 Cargo, Bluedog Design Bureau is required

- RP1 Tech Tree Placement now Included!

https://github.com/SkyPhoenix999/Artemis-Construction-Kit-RO-Configs/releases/tag/V1.1

205458274-facff73c-fc77-4bd9-b98a-7f5590205458276-d2e38ee8-33a6-4f5d-bf35-afaaa5205458314-52e9d433-c5c3-4b55-ab3e-699d9d205458315-ec487e38-123d-4f82-989a-df1df8

1 hour ago, Emperor of Ilve said:

Artemis Construction Kit RO Configs V1.1 is now Available!

Changes Include:

- Accurate Mass Changes for most parts
- Support for Orion Star Tracker and Antenna Parts
- Corrected scaling for Orion and the ICPS
- Corrected Fuel Loads for the ICPS
- Corrected Real Chute drag modifiers for Orion
- For the use of Block 1 Cargo, Bluedog Design Bureau is required

- RP1 Tech Tree Placement now Included!

https://github.com/SkyPhoenix999/Artemis-Construction-Kit-RO-Configs/releases/tag/V1.1

205458274-facff73c-fc77-4bd9-b98a-7f5590205458276-d2e38ee8-33a6-4f5d-bf35-afaaa5205458314-52e9d433-c5c3-4b55-ab3e-699d9d205458315-ec487e38-123d-4f82-989a-df1df8

Is it possible to delete the other stuff out of BDB and just keep the Delta IV fairing and ICPS?

6 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

I also noticed that the heat shield doesn't have any ablator and the CM decoupler doesn't stage/can't decouple.

The Heat Shield uses Avcoat which is a form of ablator, it works normally, just with a different name

The CM decoupler is delayed as it plays an animation of the umbilical detaching, wait around 10 seconds and it'll decouple, or click emergency decouple and it will instantly decouple

out of pure curiosity, is there a possibility we might see the grey-and-orange striped SRBs from some of the old concept art? 

some examples:

Spoiler

image10.jpeg

image7.jpeg

sls_block_1_expanded_view_orion.jpg

Edited by Gojira

On 12/4/2022 at 7:37 AM, Emperor of Ilve said:

The Heat Shield uses Avcoat which is a form of ablator, it works normally, just with a different name

The CM decoupler is delayed as it plays an animation of the umbilical detaching, wait around 10 seconds and it'll decouple, or click emergency decouple and it will instantly decouple

Noticed a few other issues. Mind if I submit them on the Issues section on the GitHub?

On 12/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, benjee10 said:

Everything needed from Bluedog Design Bureau is bundled within ACK - there is a MM patch that disables them if the main BDB mod is installed so you don't have duplicate parts. Same for RMM which provides the RS-25 main engines. 

If you are getting errors trying to open the craft files it is for a different reason. I would be interested to see the error message you're getting. 

It just gives me the generic error message and lists the missing part. Ill go through it on my testing install and send screenshots when i get home. So i basically took the parts needed from BDB and deleted everything else from the BDB folder, and aded to install and everything worked fine after that regarding loading the included craft files. 

What about the RMM parts? I didnt see any RMM engines listed in the crafts

Edited by Astra Infinitum

To anybody,

has anyone thought up of an efficient way to put the new lander in the SLS stack to be able to launch orion and the lander on the same rocket??  I tried using the SLS block 2 and put the lander on top of the SL-SA-P Payload Adapter and  added an additional SL-I Tubular Aerodynamic Adapter on top of that so it could fit, and then put the rest that was originally on top of the SL-SA-P Payload Adapter back on op of the newly added tubular adapter (which would be the  SL-SA-F Monolithic Fairing Adapter) but theres no way to make it work without using EditorExtensionsRedux using the surface attachment function of the mod te replace the payload adapter node bc the payload adapter node is no longer there bcause ytou have to use it to attach to the bottom of the lander.

Does this make sense?

Anyone else build the full stack with Orion atop AND  the new lander within the stack? If so, how?

Would be cool to figure out a way, so if anyone got ideas shoot em this way. 

I've basically been launching the lander to my destination by itself first, or launching it by to meet a station already orbiting destination, then launch orion with crew to dock with lander/or station and take lander down.

Edited by Astra Infinitum

23 hours ago, Astra Infinitum said:

I've basically been launching the lander to my destination by itself first, or launching it by to meet a station already orbiting destination, then launch orion with crew to dock with lander/or station and take lander down.

I believe this is the intended mission profile.

9 minutes ago, munman19 said:

I use reDIRECT for my shuttles, so do I have to uninstall reDIRECT for this mod? Can I have them together? What should I do?

They're completely compatible, but I'd recommend deleting the Orion and SLS parts from reDIRECT so you don't have any duplicate parts. Also, it might be worth checking out Photon Corp for the 4 and 5 segment shuttle boosters.

14 minutes ago, munman19 said:

I use reDIRECT for my shuttles, so do I have to uninstall reDIRECT for this mod? Can I have them together? What should I do?

They work just fine together. I actually have craft files that have parts from both mods. Should also work fine for BDB. Also I haven't tested it as heavily, but they should mesh just fine with @EStreetRockets' ORANGES (for those who have that mod).

Bear in mind my mod setup is primarily parts, parts variety, and graphics mods. I tend to steer away from drastic game-altering mods like planet packs, FAR, realism overhaul, etc. No offense to those who do use them. Just not my speed.

Edit: @JebTheDestroyer beat me to the punch. I personally kept all parts from both mods without trouble, but if you want to avoid parts redundancy...

Edited by Blufor878