KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

17 hours ago, Alexoff said:

We need to create a list of what will definitely be. In order not to be disappointed later and not to say - hey, it was in the trailer or pre-alpha, why is this not in the game?!

Well, there's this:

On 1/27/2023 at 2:16 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

You know something I just realized.

I love that we're getting new bays. And I'm so excited to see all the possibilities of the new parts. But I'm really hoping we eventually get another variant of this nosecone that splits down the middle and hinges open in two halves.

To build more symmetrical designed cargo and flight bays. (Or even beaks for giant robot birds.)

Edited by SolarAdmiral

18 minutes ago, SolarAdmiral said:

You know something I just realized.

I love that we're getting new bays. And I'm so excited to see all the possibilities of the new parts. But I'm really hoping we eventually get another variant of this nosecone that splits down the middle and hinges open in two halves.

To build more symmetrical designed cargo and flight bays. (Or even beaks for giant robot birds.)

Now this was cool, missed this so not seen the nose opening. This is an 5 meter system. as the space station is 3.75 meter, has seen an 3.75 meter version of that bay so we probably also get 2.5 meter one. Seen 3.75 meter service bays in the menus who is nice. 
Now the beak nose would let you recreate You only live twice capture scene 

1 hour ago, Ghostii_Space said:

As one of the guys who worried about the voice acting... That wasn't bad. 

Maybe a tad heavy on the youthful enthusiasm... But nothing worth complaining about.  Certainly not the overly condescending sing-song voice I heard in the one video - even though it's the same actor. 

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when the game launches. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

New Extrakerbicular Activities! 

Love it and the new voice direction. Only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that it's made out like you can't use ions to drive heavy crewed vehicles a la the Hermes as well - you couldn't do it in KSP 1 only because of timewarp and electricity limitations, but those aren't there in KSP 2 with a readily available reactor, large batteries and the ability to accelerate time while burning without any mods. In fact, with such a vessel, it probably wouldn't be necessary to have more than one engine with a sufficiently high orbit from the moment you ditch your upper stage, and the new maneuver nodes make it more than easy enough to plot trajectories for such vessels.

39 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that it's made out like you can't use ions to drive heavy crewed vehicles a la the Hermes as well - you couldn't do it in KSP 1 only because of timewarp and electricity limitations, but those aren't there in KSP 2 with a readily available reactor, large batteries and the ability to accelerate time while burning without any mods. In fact, with such a vessel, it probably wouldn't be necessary to have more than one engine with a sufficiently high orbit from the moment you ditch your upper stage, and the new maneuver nodes make it more than easy enough to plot trajectories for such vessels.

True, but you'd still likely have to break up your interplanetary maneuvers in order to execute the burn accurately.  Unless you're saying the new maneuver planner accounts for the excessive burn time of ions when predicting your trajectory.  Anyway, I hope it does.

4 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

Unless you're saying the new maneuver planner accounts for the excessive burn time of ions when predicting your trajectory.

Yes it does. In fact, it talks about this on the Steam page and makes it somewhat of a selling point (in fact fact, it sort of is if KSP 1's impulse driven maneuver plotting system has ever driven you crazy before).

2N5WLNv.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Yes it does. In fact, it talks about this on the Steam page and makes it somewhat of a selling point (in fact fact, it sort of is if KSP 1's impulse driven maneuver plotting system has ever driven you crazy before).

2N5WLNv.jpeg

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that! :P Well then, forget what I said.  Ions are definitely going to be more accessible and fun to use now in KSP2.