KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

That still looks way too straight and sharp to be volumetric.

At least we can suggest volumetric explosions. It is early access after all and the devs said that if enough people want a feature in the game, then it will be implemented. I guess you should join my team, volumetric explosions, re-entry burn marks, tire tracks, footsteps, vapor cones, sonic booms, explosion decals, no exhaust clipping, and colony iva’s!
Not that much right… :)

Edited by CytauriKerbal

18 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Now THIS... I did not expect. 

LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ah, now I see.

I don't see how this is unexpected. KSP 2 was getting wings, KSP 2 has aero simulation, and KSP 2 has engines. 

Given the hype, I was expecting an actual surprise, like propellers.

20 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

first how it says early access instead of Beta

If only it hadn't been so dark we couldn't see anything. Good to see, regardless, I suppose.

Also, is the explosion casting light on the ground, or is there just an ominous spotlight floating above the pad somewhere?

23 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Can we talk (first how it says early access instead of Beta) how there's a tower but launch clamps are still there? Then what's the tower for? Just for the looks?

Don't launch towers have completely different uses to launch clamps? You can't deliver a crew to the command pod using a launch clamp.

Presumably, if the KSC is dynamic like colonies, you'll be able to move it around, or opt for no launch tower at all.

23 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Can we talk (first how it says early access instead of Beta) how there's a tower but launch clamps are still there? Then what's the tower for? Just for the looks?

We'll find out in less than two weeks. Also note that it says "Early Access," not "alpha" or "beta."

28 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Um...

Fo3KxbQXwBkAxIn?format=jpg&name=medium

Just realized the suits have speakers built into the side... I also just realized Kerbals don't have ears...

8 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Don't launch towers have completely different uses to launch clamps? You can't deliver a crew to the command pod using a launch clamp.

Well exactly. And launch tower provides all the wiring and stuff. I feel like the arms should have dynamic length, and they should move away on launch and stuff. Currently the tower is kinda... just there. For no reason at all. Part of eye candy instead of being part of launchpad and launch sequence.

Edited by The Aziz

18 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

:/

:huh:

Wondering if that goes to say "hey, this shot was taken in the first publicly shown Early Access build of the game".

Build nomenclature always has a meaning. Might be one of the first stable ones, or just a way for them "hey, we're this close!"

That said, we're 10 days away of one of the most anticipated game launches of the year. 

And all we're getting are half-assed mid-low settings screenshots.

10 days.
Come on.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

46 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Um...

Fo3KxbQXwBkAxIn?format=jpg&name=medium

i think they made lots of photos and they are just trying to publish it with alpha photos etc.

i hope the tower is functional and not just a looks, i dislike using clamps for everything still

The tower may have had cables and stuff connected to whatever ship was there, which detach on launch? Hard to say given we haven't seen a launch.

Also for the light, I thought it might be coming from the explosion, but I thought the hard lined shadows kind of went against it? There are probably flood lights around the launchpad.

3 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

i think they made lots of photos and they are just trying to publish it with alpha photos etc.

i hope the tower is functional and not just a looks, i dislike using clamps for everything still

The tower is purely cosmetic, confirmed by Nate in several videos. It serves no function.

Honestly, the tower is probably decorative, same as the tower used to be in KSP1. They just got rid of it back then because it made some rocket launches impossible by getting in the way of absurd scale creations. Now that we can build pads theoretically everywhere (I haven't heard that we can't build colonies on Kerbin) it can come back, huge scale launches can now do their thing right from space.

Just now, Profugo Barbatus said:

Honestly, the tower is probably decorative, same as the tower used to be in KSP1. They just got rid of it back then because it made some rocket launches impossible by getting in the way of absurd scale creations. Now that we can build pads theoretically everywhere (I haven't heard that we can't build colonies on Kerbin) it can come back, huge scale launches can now do their thing right from space.

It is purely cosmetic, yes.

Also, it moves closer or further away from the pad depending on the size of your craft.

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Well exactly. And launch tower provides all the wiring and stuff. I feel like the arms should have dynamic length, and they should move away on launch and stuff. Currently the tower is kinda... just there. For no reason at all. Part of eye candy instead of being part of launchpad and launch sequence.

If you can attach things to it, it would still be acceptable. But then, to my knowledge, Robotics will not be including (making arms sliding/swinging out of the way a challenge) and if the tower is not accessible in the VAB it will be impossible to do that.

Then again once again it offers the opportunity to strike it at launch, like in the early days!

14 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I feel like the arms should have dynamic length, and they should move away on launch and stuff. Currently the tower is kinda... just there. For no reason at all. Part of eye candy instead of being part of launchpad and launch sequence.

I fully expect there to be a launch sequence where the tower is moved away from the rocket before a countdown begins, etc.  I think it's reasonable to think this will be the case.