What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

5 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Today I landed Val on Jool.  Jool has a surface now. You can walk around on it.

IMG_8787.jpg

awwww damn... spoiler alert... i was in the process of trying this as i type this XD

2 hours ago, tstein said:

But did it show the intercept globe? If not the PE was  not for the Mun. There are some very counter intuitive data display  in this game.  you need 855 ms dV from 100 km  and pull and push your start position  until you see the globe witht he concentric marks.  Also when you start to burn...  if you try to burn with Time acc and your ship is not aligned the SAS will NOT align your ship! You need to align in  1x time.

That's what I'm trying to say.  I had the globe.  I had the concentric circles around Mun.  I had a Pe of 600km.  I wasn't under acceleration or time warp.  It simply did not work.

Granted, the new maneuver nodes suck and aren't intuitive at all.  But they should still work.

15 hours ago, Kerbalwerks said:

I will need to see if you can get that blue and white shuttle to fly with procedural wings first  or it will be a deal breaker if not   :D

It flies good! i really reallly hate that is just procedural wings(hopefully at the moment)  and the vab camera controls are like trying to pull a ball and chain, but finally, something!
1672iDj.pngXMwFMzB.pnglllSB0s.png

Edited by SparkyFox

6 hours ago, tstein said:

I saw that happen live in the stream and went.. ok.. it will be hard to topple that bug... I may very well stop trying to find my own big bug

Yes that is an very large bug, Wonder how high the KSC edge goes there, and its also weird its an KSC still at the location. 
Now as I understand it will be 4 launch centers around the equator for multiplayer

Plated again after a frustrating start yesterday. Figured put the new maneuver node system better. Low orbited the Mun and returned. Getting the hang of the changes. I can definitely see potential! The only infuriating things in my mind can he fixed easily I believe (nodes etc).

On 2/24/2023 at 5:47 PM, tstein said:

I have my suspect...  I have seen several  games recently in unity with a VERY BAD performance if they update  GUI very fast. On those games when I remove all  GUI, numbers words everytghing  I usually get massive   perfromance improvements. Since the day I saw  KSP 2 interface  I  was expecting something like that to happen...  I might be wrong but On this year alone I found 3 games  that this exact behaviro happened (all unity)

This is weird, GUI should not be an performance killer, graphic and effects is. 
Sure for web applications GUI can tank performance but not games. 

I'm about to try round 2 of building an overly complex Mun lander. I found myself missing the smallest SRBs (Shrimp I think?) so I tried to do similar with some baguette tanks but didn't get that quite right. I need some more acclimation to the intercept system when moving to a new SOI, I haven't worked up the courage to attempt  the landing since I'm unsure of my dV values when I get close. Yes I know there's dV maps, but I prefer to have a bit in reserve for inevitable mistakes.

Also have some bugs to report. I wish that was available in game during this period because I'm burning through sticky notes.

Edited by Casellina X

Built a probe to Jool

Complained about performance... a little. My PC was supposed to be OK for 2021 KSP 2 release. Still,  game loads and works faster than modded KSP1
Exclaimed many profanities on throttle lock while warping

And on camera reset while warping

Built a plane, got it suborbital.

And landed on the seabottom, I suppose.  

Found a couple o' bugs

1 hour ago, Casellina X said:

I'm about to try round 2 of building an overly complex Mun lander.

It was certainly capable of making it to the Mun, and it very well might have if my decouplers fired properly. My radials separated fine, but the other ones didn't seem to go. Also experienced roll on the way up, but I've been struggling with that since my early attempts in KSP1. Compiled a nice little list of bugs to send off in a while

No spoilers, just a couple of pictures.

Spoiler

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-2-25-2023-12-11-5

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-2-25-2023-12-19-1