An Interesting Statistic…

OhMahDan

How dare you!  Papa's Freezeria Deluxe released on March 31st, and therefore has a huge advantage because it released a whole month more recently.   Nevermind that it looks like its based off a free flash game made by 2 guys in 2007. (because it is).  Oh wait - KSP2 is based off a free game made by 1 guy released  in 2011 - well, nevermind, KSP2 is better!

Also it has overwhelming positive reviews, while KSP2 is sitting at mixed - in fact, KSP2 had its first day of only-negative reviews on May 9nth.   [snip]

Now I'm hungry though...

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

An interesting statistic?

With more then 110 hours sunk in KSP2 I paid less than 50 cents an hour. 

Another 110 hours and the electricity costs per hour will exceed what I paid for KSP2.

50 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

And if you played Papa's Freezeria Deluxe, you would spend even less!

Just now, Alexoff said:

And if you played Papa's Freezeria Deluxe, you would spend even less!

I'm not interested in playing Papa's Freezeria Deluxe, any money spent on it would have been money wasted.

A number of posts have been removed or edited since they contained messages that were off-topic, argumentative, or served no purpose other than to agitate other members or were responses to such posts.

Please keep the discussion civil. 

Threads that are largely comprised of nothing but mocking, bickering, and spite do not add anything useful to these discussions and make the forum a less pleasant place for all members.

Thank you for your understanding,
Forum Moderation Team

5 hours ago, Alexoff said:

NilswTK.jpg

Friends, tell us how many games from this list do you know about? I only know four games, with the exception of KSP2.

Riftbreaker is awesome. I know of Expeditions: Rome. Played one of their other games. I know of 9 others not counting KSP2..

But yeah, hoping they work some good changes on KSP2 to get it to a better state.

Magicka 2 was kinda fun, though it didn't really add much worthwhile to the first one.  Agree that Riftbreaker is pretty awesome, especially for a 1-developer game (if memory serves).   I hope it keeps getting support.

I heard Ender lilies is pretty good too.

Edited by RocketRockington

8 hours ago, Alexoff said:

NilswTK.jpg

Friends, tell us how many games from this list do you know about? I only know four games, with the exception of KSP2.

Bought Magicka 2 to support the devs, love Bejeweled 3, own L.A. Noire, sadly had to refund Inquisitor: Martyr (another bad 40k game), I have Harsh Doorstop installed right now.

3 hours ago, Socraticat said:

That all time peak is awesome!

I'm so glad to see so much interest in the game.

Sadly barely above KSP1, which still has a much better score (98%) and much more players (2000+ right now vs 300). Judging "Interest" by peak players is a bogus metric because a lot of those people were there for launch, left a negative review and bailed, which you can confirm by the inside-refund-window score:

7peUSYI.png

10 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Sadly barely above KSP1, which still has a much better score (98%) and much more players (2000+ right now vs 300). Judging "Interest" by peak players is a bogus metric...

7peUSYI.png

Peak interest @ $50 a pop says they'll come back when the updates address their main issues.

Peak interest @ EA launch, before having a decade to woo players like KSP did... wow. WOW!

I am so glad to see so much interest in the game. Whether the money was refunded or not.

Peak interest - both in player count and twitch streams  - just shows how dumb the publisher/devs were to overhype and underdevelop the game.  Showing people a game when it's at its worst is clearly not the big brain move they hoped it would be - instead of catching that wave of free word of mouth and interest, they turned it into a wave of negativity that will have lasting effects on the long term sales of the game.

How many people out there will say to themselves "oh look at that new (expensive) ad I just saw - but it was such overhyped crap before, I'll just wait, it'll go on sale some day". And then forget about it.  First impressions are very difficult to undo.

Now you'd normally say this is all T2's fault - but after reading Nate's posts about PA and human resources, the Uber team's prior projects, whose management they brought to Intercept, it seems overhyping and under delivering seems to be a repetitive theme on everything theyve touched.  

Edited by RocketRockington

21 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

An interesting statistic?

Another 110 hours and the electricity costs per hour will exceed what I paid for KSP2.

Unless it's cold, in which case you save money on a heater when you play ksp 2 :D  It legit works.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, OhMahDan said:

Saw an interesting statistic over on Reddit… There are more people playing Papa’s Freezeria Deluxe than KSP2. 
Personally I found it hilarious. Any similar statistics y’all can find?

maybe that game was released as finished? The positive vs negative reviews are eye watering.

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

Should have been a quieter EA release if it was still a lot of work in progress.  The fact they didn't go that way seems like they're not optimistic that this will sell in the future.

The peak users were those that believed the advertising and then returned it.  It's no secret that lot's of people want a well working KSP2.   But losing 98% of the users means there's a lot of sourness.  People are excited about the brand, not the development.

I'm pretty sure several thousand hours in KSP1 is a better deal than 50cents/hour.

7 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

Peak interest - both in player count and twitch streams  - just shows how dumb the publisher/devs were to overhype and underdevelop the game.

I feel like this is an attack on Warm Snow, which has more current players than KSP 2 and a higher all-time peek. I understand criticism of KSP 2 but warm snow? Come on.

2 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

I feel like this is an attack on Warm Snow, which has more current players than KSP 2 and a higher all-time peek. I understand criticism of KSP 2 but warm snow? Come on.

Judging by the peak online, this game is simply played at a different time of the day. I don’t know anything about it, but since there is a hieroglyph in the name, I dare to assume that it is played in Asia. And there was a deep night when I took a screenshot.

Here are more honest statistics. I know as many as five games here!

dZvzmwz.jpg

On 5/13/2023 at 2:36 PM, Alexoff said:

Honestly, quite a few on that list are familiar ones to me.

Hell, I've played: 

Riftbraker, Arkham Origins, Black Ops II, 40K Martyr, Expeditions: Rome, LA Noire, ROTK13, and Harsh Doorstop. And except for COD and ROTK13, I still play the others with an occasional regularity - though I'm waiting on Harsh Doorstop to get to a more playable state (it's an interesting early-access game though that's making some decent/steady progress).

Starship Troopers is on my To Be Played List at...some point.

I've heard of Dome Keeper and the Avengers game.

====

But yeah, it is surprising and kind of disheartening to see such low levels of engagement these days. I'll be honest. I really do want to enjoy the game and like it, but between its numerous faults, both intrinsic to the game's current state of development, as well as a variety of uncertainties I have regarding IG/PD and their ability to deliver in a timely manner, I just haven't had the will to really get into the game as much as I'd have liked.

Edited by Geredis

It's not a good situation. I would like to be able to express hope that they got enough funding from this to finish the game, but I'm out of good faith and confidence after 3 years of being strung along just to see this "game" dumped on customers.

I just hope that once the bugs are fixed people will come back. Me personally, I just don’t feel like building a big elaborate mission and having the trajectory be completely wrong and miss my gravity assist, etc. As it stands, ultra-modded (100+ mods) KSP 1 is less buggy and similarly performant to KSP 2 (even though my max GPU utilization is ~50%) WITH all the features we don’t have yet in KSP 2. 

Once the basic systems are largely bug-free and we have science, I’ll probably start my first real KSP 2 save game, and I would expect to see engagement rise exponentially once people are actually logging on to play the same save game day after day.