[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

13 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Maybe this will become evident once I open it up, but is it easy to disable the Relay antenna re-adjustments if I'm going to hack in the Orbital Science SigNit antennas to act as giant long-distance relays?

Yeah it is.

OPM_CommNet.cfg in the OPM folder does all the magic. Edit or remove it to suit your needs.

1 minute ago, Olympic1 said:

Ehm just a little problem, all the biome colors of Polta and Wal are set to color = #000000 but the maps are not

Thanks. Must've overlooked that during development (had TODOs for almost everything).

I guess there'll be a 2.1.1 soon. I'll just a wait a little bit to see if anything else pops up before I publish it. No new career mode is going to get out there that fast.

1 hour ago, CaptRobau said:

Outer Planets Mod 2.1 is here!

*snip*

SQUEEEEE! :D Thanks CaptRobau, its great to see this updated for 1.2.1 with some very welcome additions and changes.

With regards to the CommNet patch, I personally feel that changing the base parameters of the DSN and Antennas by default may be a bit... forceful(?)... when the player can just do this by adjusting sliders in the difficulty options. As such, the patch would change all mod antennas also which could cause balancing issues.

Would you be open to possibly considering approaching it from a different angle, maybe by adding an additional level to the Tracking Station specifically for the OPM bodies i.e.

@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{
	@TRACKING
	{
		@levels = 4
		@upgradesVisual = 1, 2, 3, 4
		@upgrades = 38000, 150000, 563000, 1275000 
		@DSNRange = 2000000000, 50000000000, 250000000000, 2000000000000
	}
}

... or by maybe including part upgrade patches at the end of the Tech Tree to increase the power of the Communotron 88-88 and RA-100 Relay to allow them to connect to the OPM bodies with the normal DSN Level 3 power i.e.

@PART[RelayAntenna100]:NEEDS[OPM]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{		
		showUpgradesInModuleInfo = true
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = RelayAntenna100-Power
				techRequired__ = largeUnmanned							
				antennaPower = 1000000000000
			}
		}
	}
}

PARTUPGRADE:NEEDS[OPM]
{
	name = RelayAntenna100-Power
	partIcon = RelayAntenna100
	techRequired = largeUnmanned	
	entryCost = 25000
	title = RA-100 Relay Antenna Power Upgrade
	description = The RA-100 Relay Antenna now has a power of 1E+12 to allow it to reach far into the depths at Outer Planetary distances.
}

@PART[commDish]:NEEDS[OPM]
{
	{		
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = commDish-Power
			}
		}
	}
}

{
	name = commDish-Power
	partIcon = commDish
	entryCost = 25000
	title = Communotron 88-88 Antenna Power Upgrade
	description = The Communotron 88-88 Antenna now has a power of 1E+12 to allow it to reach far into the depths at Outer Planetary distances.
}

What are your thoughts?

Anywho, now this is release... I have no excuse not to get to work updating my bits again. :P 

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

SQUEEEEE! :D Thanks CaptRobau, its great to see this updated for 1.2.1 with some very welcome additions and changes.

With regards to the CommNet patch, I personally feel that changing the base parameters of the DSN and Antennas by default may be a bit... forceful(?)... when the player can just do this by adjusting sliders in the difficulty options. As such, the patch would change all mod antennas also which could cause balancing issues.

Would you be open to possibly considering approaching it from a different angle, maybe by adding an additional level to the Tracking Station specifically for the OPM bodies i.e.

@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{
	@TRACKING
	{
		@levels = 4
		@upgradesVisual = 1, 2, 3, 4
	}
}

... or by maybe including part upgrade patches at the end of the Tech Tree to increase the power of the Communotron 88-88 and RA-100 Relay to allow them to connect to the OPM bodies with the normal DSN Level 3 power i.e.

@PART[RelayAntenna100]:NEEDS[OPM]
{
	{		
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = RelayAntenna100-Power
			}
		}
	}
}

{
	name = RelayAntenna100-Power
	partIcon = RelayAntenna100
	entryCost = 25000
	title = RA-100 Relay Antenna Power Upgrade
	description = The RA-100 Relay Antenna now has a power of 1E+12 to allow it to reach far into the depths at Outer Planetary distances.
}

@PART[commDish]:NEEDS[OPM]
{
	{		
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = commDish-Power
			}
		}
	}
}

{
	name = commDish-Power
	partIcon = commDish
	entryCost = 25000
	title = Communotron 88-88 Antenna Power Upgrade
	description = The Communotron 88-88 Antenna now has a power of 1E+12 to allow it to reach far into the depths at Outer Planetary distances.
}

What are your thoughts?

Anywho, now this is release... I have no excuse not to get to work updating my bits again. :P 

I just did a fair load of testing with these cfg samples. These don't seem to work. Not rushing or complaining but GPP is going to need them just as much OPM needs them. :)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I just did a fair load of testing with these cfg samples. These don't seem to work. Not rushing or complaining but GPP is going to need them just as much OPM needs them. :)

The Part upgrades bit seams to work, but not the custom barn kit tracking station upgrade...

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@mrZonke Do I need to be in a profile type other than Sandbox to see this?

No I see them in Sandbox... It says *** PART UPGRADE AVAILABLE *** or something to that effect in the part discription, and then there is a tweakable menu to show the upgraded stats..

Make sure "apply part upgrades"(or something like it) is enabled in difficulty settings

Edited by mrZonke

Thanks @mrZonke The part upgrade config works. I have a probe out  at a moon of Nero (distance comparable to Urlum) now linking through a newly placed probe in Nero orbit with a direct connection to KSC. I also know now where to edit persistence to turn this option on without creating a new save. So no one else has to make a new save if they're already way ahead in a career.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

What are your thoughts?

I'll look into it.

7 hours ago, Rodger said:

Does this version have an option for png textures, for macs that don't like dds?

Also I really like Pood's idea of the 4th level tracking station and/or the tech tree upgrades.

Not yet. I need someone to test them for me, since I don't have Mac and can't see if everything is working correctly. Would you mind taking a look somewhere this week or something at a PNG pack? The help would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, mrZonke said:

The Part upgrades bit seams to work, but not the custom barn kit tracking station upgrade...

Ah, I see, I just edited the stock CustomBarnKit config but suspected it may not work entirely as intended... the OP of that mod says in v1.1.7 that, "Now let you configure the number of upgrades of each buildings." but the possible future features says the same thing. An issue to take up in the thread of that mod it would seem.

EDIT: I was being mega-Derp with the last config I posted... here, take one that works. :D

Spoiler

@CUSTOMBARNKIT:AFTER[CustomBarnKit]:AFTER[OPM]
{
	@TRACKING
	{
		@levels = 4
		@upgradesVisual = 1, 2, 3, 3
	}
}

2 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I'll look into it.

Thank you for your willingness to listen to such an annoying feature-creeper. :D  

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Not rushing or complaining but GPP is going to need them just as much OPM needs them. :)

Shhh, you!

Edited by Poodmund

10 minutes ago, alphaman said:

no ckan update yet?

@alphaman, in our guidelines you will find that we don't allow messages which repeat inquiries about updates or content from modders. You may think the author forgot about CKAN, but if you look at his post about the update:

18 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

1. Download the mod from one of the mirrors. You can also use the CKAN mod manager to download and keep it updated automatically (could take a while for it to get 2.0).

Just sit on tight, it's coming.

39 minutes ago, monstah said:

@alphaman, in our guidelines you will find that we don't allow messages which repeat inquiries about updates or content from modders. You may think the author forgot about CKAN, but if you look at his post about the update:

Just sit on tight, it's coming.

2.1 was added 1 hour after the release, and is available

9 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Not yet. I need someone to test them for me, since I don't have Mac and can't see if everything is working correctly. Would you mind taking a look somewhere this week or something at a PNG pack? The help would be greatly appreciated.

Sure no problem, I was having the DDS bug so will be able to see if it works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.