All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Proposal: A solar powered sterling cycle shaped approximately like a tree or mushroom is deployed in vast numbers to counter global warming. Instead of an engine, we run it as a heat pump with input electricity. It radiates heat into the atmosphere and has a cooling effect below the ground level. It also shades the ground. It can be deployed in arctic, or hot desert conditions. It could condense dew and collect rainwater. It can help preserve sea ice. If the future brings cheap silicon, aluminum, nearly free electricity, and productivity growth we stipulate that they would be affordable. I'd prefer one to write my name on one and it leave behind, than a gravestone or a statue. Does the basic concept work?
  3. WHERE'S BILL!?!?!?!? https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=fN205oH05YI&si=i1-CSg60PKfrrNwn
  4. I agree ban. Sun approaches so i depart. Good day/night 072205262024
  5. Banned till morning as a vampire.
  6. Nice, I didn't see any other obvious install issues. I don't really know much about the B9 error, but your log is way cleaner. Hopefully someone else can help pin down the specific error. Personally, I'm side-eyeing IFS just because I hear so many people talk about incompatibilities with it, but I don't have an experience with it myself.
  7. It's odd. StealBackMyFunds is working, and it uses essentially the same mechanisms. I managed to make the damned Refunding to be loaded by renaming it, besides it didn't recovered any funds. It's like the name "Refunding" became cursed somehow. DayJob© is calling now, but I will go back to this issue ASAP. I think I need to do some regression tests using previous KSP-Recall releases to see what I find. === == = POST EDIT = == === KSP Recall 0.3.0.12 is working as expected. So this is something related to a change on newer KSP-Recall that worked fine on KSP 1.11.2 and olders, but some internal change on KSP 1.12.0 ended up screwing it. The fault of Schrödinger: it's not my fault, but it's my fault.
  8. https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2024/04/ift-4-prepares-starships-future-focus/ https://ringwatchers.com/article/s29-b11-updates Since those articles, the most that's happened is that Booster 4 has been taken into the hangar and scrapped, and Booster 13 has gone for cryo-testing to Massey's and back. Presumably, S29 and B11 will be ready for OFT-4 when it's ready.
  9. True that. But what is it good for if you cannot play the game. You can get that sound effects in stock libraries online, at least for start. My impression was, that they focused a lot on cosmetics, while core of the game was not a priority or was underestimated. Sound effects and music didn't make KSP1 great. Playability did though. It is totaly valid to pursue that, but not when the game itself is lacking almost everything.
  10. Speaking of Communication, how about we just go out with it already. Its pretty clear it ain’t good news that’s coming but we paid 50$ for an EA, the least we should get by now is a go no go statement that means something, and details about what caused this can follow at a later stage I hope we’re not going to keep the silence for weeks or months, that would only make it worse, and would only allow for more spamming of the forum for related topics to the bad news that’s cooking. theres no point stalling it, you don’t let us refund, then there won’t be any new sales until a clear statement about the future of KSP2. So out with it then, trust us , whatever it is, we can take it.
  11. According to my impression, this happened in some of the recent updates. Recently, I started my career with 0.2 funds and noticed that something was wrong with the returned funds. I will try to experiment. add https://prnt.sc/bk4fyojTPbER KSP Recall v0.3.0.10 - OK
  12. Enable versions 1.8-1.12 as compatible in CKAN’s settings menu.
  13. Today
  14. Hey guys whenever i try and launch a rocket using bdb my game closes everytime gamedata: https://imgur.com/a/5LtOyqP error log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YwJV9aD_SRieVsgfQvZLIJAYenL8aJIw/view?usp=sharing player log:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WvMZ606VLrButlJikCf8nZnG7A7ezjCe/view?usp=sharing please help
  15. I would point more at sellers like Steam.
  16. To me, I had no reason to play it... It didn't hit any of the notes that kept me interested in KSP1 for 10 years. Still can't understand those people loving KSP2. After all it's just a simulation game that doesn't match the previous iteration of the game in any way... My play time says everything on how I feel about the game.
  17. I've been working on a CubeSat for the past 2 years, mostly software and testing, and we uploaded the final code onto it yesterday, it is flying to Texas for integration in a few hours, and will be launching into space on Cygnus NG-21 probably sometime in August, and ejected from the International Space Station probably in Fall or early Winter. (picture was very zoomed out, that's why it is a bit fuzzy, I zoomed in) This is CySat-1, a mission to prove the viability of measuring Earth's soil moisture levels using a software defined radiometer (and also to prove that an undergraduate led satellite program at our university is viable). There's many subsytems involved: Endurosat OBC, tells everything else what to do Endurosat UHF antenna and transceiver, how we talk to the satellite, has the worst documentation of any of the modules and took us a long time to figure out how to use. CubeSpace ADCS, has magneto-torquers, star trackers, Earth sensors, a magnetometer, GPS, and a reaction wheel to figure out where the satellite is and point it in the right direction. Endurosat EPS, manages power collection, the batteries, and power distribution throughout the satellite A breakout board with numerous electronic components soldered onto it for toggling power and converting voltages PumpkinSpace solar panels, we bought them (really expensive) after failing to build our own Analog Devices AD9361-Z7035 FPGA/SDR/SOM/whatever you want to call it. Power hungry computer that is only on sometimes, and runs our scientific program using GNU Radio and Python on an Analog Devices Linux Distro Analog Devices ADRV1CRR-BOB Carrier Board, holds the other Analog Devices board and distributes power and data to and from it Mini-Circuits Low Noise Amplifiers and Bandpass Filters to amplify the signals from the radiometer antenna A custom antenna for the radiometer And on the ground: An Ubuntu desktop computer running a GNU Radio flowgraph to talk to the satellite A software defined radio and antenna (we will get a bigger antenna in the next few months, the one we have is temporary) A Windows laptop running a python program (the ground station front end/GUI) to communicate with the Linux server I have been a programmer for CySat-1 for the past four semesters, programming lead for the past three semesters, and the only programmer for the last semester. My job has been to get these 7 computers made by 4 different manufacturers running 3.5 different operating systems in 2 separate programming languages talking with each other seamlessly. For the most part, we have succeeded, and the satellite has worked during short term ground testing. Unfortunately, we ran out of time for long term testing due to an issue with charging the batteries. This project has been one relentless string of failures and setbacks and frustrations, so long I'll probably make a video essay about it at some point. It felt like bashing my head up against a wall repeatedly only to find another wall on the other side, over and over and over again. I'm not very optimistic about our chances for successfully completing the mission, we have at least one possibly unresolved critical bug with no leads (and no time to fix), and given that we were discovering bugs literally up to and including the very last day, there's probably more we don't know about. But I learned a lot, enough that success is one of the possible outcomes. While it is supposed to do a lot more than beeping, I will be happy if it beeps. I'll be even happier if it will beep on command. Anything after that is purely bonus in my mind, especially given that half of university CubeSats don't even get a beep back, so I'm told. I'm proud of how much we managed to overcome, and that this thing finally got shipped off after years of delays, the satellite having been originally conceived sometime between 2002 and 2017 depending on what you take as the start date. That picture is an expression of equal parts "We finally finished it!" "Oh boy, what if I forgot something? What if it fails because I forgot to change a line of code, and I won't know for another six months!" and "What now? This has been my big thing for 2 years, where do I go from here?" In a really roundabout way, KSP is one of the reasons I found myself on this project. Part of that was just because it awakened my love for space, but another part of it was that the organization that manages CySat has a bunch of other project teams, one of which was a KSP simpit. I was on that project for one semester because a friend told me about it. When the KSP simpit project shut down, that same friend invited me to join CySat. It has certainly been an adventure that took me far outside my comfort zone. When I started, I didn't know a lick of C, and barely knew two licks of Python. I came in wanting to do structures/CAD stuff, as I felt that would be what I would suck the least at. But through a quirk of fate, got put on programming instead, something I did not at all feel confident doing. After a lot of pain and a lot of learning , the inter-computer links fell one by one, and we got it to a point where everything (discounting the single use stuff we weren't able to test) works in short term ground testing. While obviously we would have preferred to do more extensive testing, at this point, for a variety of reasons, we've just got to send it. About eleven years and about two weeks ago, I launched my first Kerbal into the sky, and now, a spacecraft I worked on is getting launched for real. Hopefully, when it gets up there, it shows up as a probe and not as debris!
  18. Just donated some to you again, I love this mod heart and soul, please keep it alive and growing!
  19. Is this mod dead? Can't get it on CKAN for the latest version. I can't work out why it's conflicting https://postimg.cc/rDWwTnmp
  20. Today at Replica Space Program we have made the F-111 Aardvark. The bomber with a gray camo sits in the hangar. It flies over the ocean in subsonic configuration. (The afterburners are on because the plane is very heavy and it only has 2 scaled down panther.) And then in supersonic mode. Because of the swept wings the wings were not rigid and they bended in turns, and it was not very controllable so i might do one in the future with fixed wings.
  21. Sooo..... Judging by KSP2's current state, is this coming back for KSP1?
  22. I like KSP2 and I fear it fail to match our expectations. Yes the long wait between updates was not the best, recent news made it worse, but I still like the game and want it to succeed. Less faith but not all is lost. Worst case scenario: KSP2 gets abandoned after proposed IG clousure in July and never recieves any more major milestone updates, same as KSP1 after 1.12. The game would still have more than a month to live at worst and the modding community will continue to support it just like what they did a few years ago to KSP1. If so then it's just another repeat of the first game. This is unlikely for me since T2 would be losing potential money, as many people would buy KSP2 after some more updates (eg. Colonies, Interstellar, Multiplayer). Still can't understand those people hating KSP2. After all it's just a simulation game. Not worth your time to hate, especially if you haven't bought the game.
  23. Yeah, the current ones are just reskins you've said. Nice but I surely perfer KSP2's UI over KSP1's. I doubt that could be backported though, KSP1's basic UI layout has remain unchanged ever since the modding community was here, so it's probably deep inside the codebase and pretty hard to change.
  1. Load more activity