Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

We have made no changes on our end. Is it possible that X's format changed in some way? 

Can anyone else post X links from a computer?

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Not under the current version of the software. 

I realized that I started a thread (a while ago) even though I had already marked someone else's in my list that predates mine.

11 minutes ago, tater said:

I realized that I started a thread (a while ago) even though I had already marked someone else's in my list that predates mine.

I don't know what you mean. If we merge threads the post with the earliest time stamp would always remain at the top and be credited as the originator. 

33 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

I don't know what you mean. If we merge threads the post with the earliest time stamp would always remain at the top and be credited as the originator. 

I guess mine could be merged with the original.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, tryharder said:

I have made 23 posts that were approved and somehow the 5 approved posts block is still showing up for me. What is going on?

Posts in the Games sub don't count for the anti-spambot measures. :)

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, KerbolRacer21 said:

what is reputation?

It's the number of times someone has clicked the Like button on one of your posts.

I believe the forum software can make it more complicated than that, but that's what we have it set to.

And different forums call it different things. We still call it reputation out of habit even though the software changed the button to "like" a while back. 

14 minutes ago, boriz said:

Any plans to move the KSP 2 stuff further down the list of forums?

There's some discussion about that over here:

do any of the mods miss the time and seeming stability of the vbulletin days? I kinda do myself as I honestly <the great purge not withstanding> do not recall seeing nearly as many connection issues with the forums back in those days with like the 502 bad gateway issues or the odd blue box ? forum avatars that I see now more often than not. Is it just me that misses those days?

There have been some interruptions lately but over all I don't believe this software is better or worse than the previous ones. It looks like somebody got the recent troubles sorted, too, because I haven't noticed any trouble for several days.