Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

I've got a few questions but first I have to say that the KSP mod team are the only moderators I've seen that are very active on the community (posting their own stuff, not mod stuff) but also you guys are really funny. I've been reading through some of the old posts in this thread and the mods are always cracking jokes. Its probably what makes this community so much better than any other.

And now question time!

- How do you nominate a thread for TOTM, TOTW, TOTY, etc?

- Does the solved questions count affect your rep?

- How long has the share button been next to the follower count?

- How can you get new emojis on the forums? Is there a way people can suggest them?

- Is there a special "Moderators only" sub-forum that you hang out in? When ever I've been a moderator (ok it was only once, and in my own discord:sticktongue:) there was a room to talk in that was separate

I think that's all

FOR NOW!!:D

How do you nominate a thread for TOTM, TOTW, TOTY, etc?

Report it. 

Does the solved questions count affect your rep? 

I do not know. There have been some changes lately. 

How long has the share button been next to the follower count? 

What is where, now? 

How can you get new emojis on the forums? Is there a way people can suggest them? 

Squad staff makes them when the mood strikes. 

Is there a special "Moderators only" sub-forum that you hang out in? When ever I've been a moderator (ok it was only once, and in my own discord:sticktongue:) there was a room to talk in that was separate 

There is a subforum which is mostly serious and a Slack channel where we mostly insult and irritate each other. 

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Does the solved questions count affect your rep?

24 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

I do not know. There have been some changes lately

From what I can tell it is a separate counter that only appears in the tech support section. 

12 minutes ago, Rhode_Enterprise_By-Matt said:

It must add up.

Probably does, but it's no big thing.   It's just simple housekeeping.  A thread in the proper place is more likely to get on topic and speedy responses. 

18 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Do/ can moderators check/ see private chats on the forums?

PMs are actually private. Moderators do not seem them unless one of the parties in the exchange reports one of the messages in it. Admins could read PMs but I am not aware of any occasions on which they have done so. 

I think I saw somewhere that the community section of the forums was moved up a spot for increased visibility. My question is: How is this change working out? As hoped for? Better than hoped for? Or not as well as expected? Just curious.