[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 8/31/2023 at 5:18 AM, GoldForest said:

Here it is! Atlas-Vega launched atop an Atlas V... Heavy... Super Heavy... This was the only way I could get Atlas Vega into orbit without using any of Atlas-Vega's fuel... For how powerful Atlas V is, it just doesn't have the power to put Atlas-Vega into orbit with a baseline version. Yes, even the 551/552.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

ZZc7XdQ.png

So that is an Atlas V Heavy-ST (solid thrust) launching an Atlas V(ega) :D 

Looks great, and thanks for jumping on my suggestion that an Atlas V should launch an Atlas V :D

Edited by Pappystein

19 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So that is an Atlas V Heavy-ST (solid thrust) launching an Atlas V(ega) :D 

Looks great, and thanks for jumping on my suggestion that an Atlas V should launch an Atlas V :D

*thinking face*

If we want to stick to the nomenclature, it'd probably be more Atlas V 591-H

5 meter fairing

9 solids

1 rl-10

H- 2 CCBs (Common core booster)

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Or uninstall some planet mods. The textures for the planets are real memory hogs.  Uninstalling mods you never use will also help. 

Of course, if you do go the 64 gig memory route, welcome to the club. :cool:

Side note: Just noticed this is my 5,100th post... wow.

15 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

moi? idk nuttin. there's this in your crash log:

>> 91% physical memory in use.

You do have every mod installed. Massive part mods, multiple star systems. BDB contains lots of new parts depending on what you're upgrading from. I think you're just out of memory. Your ksp.log just ends while loading textures. Hopefully someone with some actual facts will swing by.

ive cleared a few mods and it still crashes. The log shows 20% physical memory in use.

10 minutes ago, Hybr1d said:

ive cleared a few mods and it still crashes. The log shows 20% physical memory in use.

Hmm, probably a bad mod install then. Idk.

At this point I'd say redownload your mods and make sure they're all up to date and none are booked.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:04 PM, Beccab said:

Updated my RNS kitbash with the stuff that came out in the meanwhile
Screenshot_14412.png
(The NERVA used is a mix between the large Timberwind and the actual RNS engine, since the nozzle used in IPP artwork is much closer to a NERVA 2 in size)

Screenshot_14421.pngScreenshot_14385.pngScreenshot_14398.pngScreenshot_14437.png

From what mod is the crew module?

I haven't done this in more then half a year so skills might be sloppy but I guess I need new dose of KSP.

Here's first test flight of Titan V lifting 7.5 tonnes to LEO without upper stage: 

unknown_2023.09.03-23.02.pngunknown_2023.09.03-23.03_1.pngunknown_2023.09.03-23.03_3.pngunknown_2023.09.03-23.05_1.png

And yes, it's kerolox 'cause no way the next gen rocket would use overpriced and extremley dangerous aerozine-50. 

Of course on operational flights it would use proper restartable upper stage and SRB's for additional perofrmance.

Edited by ra4nd0m

4 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

And yes, it's kerolox 'cause no way the next gen rocket would use overpriced and extremley dangerous aerozine-50. 

Of course on operational flights it would use proper restartable upper stage and SRB's for additional perofrmance.

It is funny,   Aerozine-50 (aka 50/50) didn't cost a huge amount more than Kerolox did when it was first deployed.   It was only after the USAF stopped buying AZ50 for the Titan II ICBM  that the cost went to the moon and back. (so 1980ish.)   While "storable"   Over time the fuel and oxidizer in the tanks would have to be checked, (to prevent deterioration of the liquids AND the fuel tanks they were in.)    Reading between the lines it looks like a 5 to 10 year cycle (but I have no hard evidence on that, the source is a document about what happens when This or That rocket explodes and cites a lower percentage of AZ50 combining and hypergolicly igniting in a rocket failure vs Kerolox.)

Given how DANGEROUS the stuff is, I am glad you went KeroLOX but a full up HydroLOX would be even better :D

PS, LDC Titan flies fine on J-2 Sea LEvel or RL20 engines :D

On 8/20/2023 at 4:19 AM, Rodger said:

If you right-click save-link-as this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/TAC-LS/Command.cfg and replace the one in your GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/TAC-LS/ it should fix it

I came here for the same reason as the OP this issue. I've just downloaded the config so I'll let you know if this resolves the B9PS error popup. Thanks!

17 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

hows viking coming along any new picture @CobaltWolf 

No news to report on any fronts. Been super busy with work and Armored Core 6. 

Hoping to have an update, not necessarily on Viking, in the nearish future. More likely to be on RCML or Mariner 8/9. Myself and Akron have figured out a plan for moving forward on finishing the lander but I’m waiting on some files, and once I have them it will still be a bit before we have some progress to show. 

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

No news to report on any fronts. Been super busy with work and Armored Core 6. 

Hoping to have an update, not necessarily on Viking, in the nearish future. More likely to be on RCML or Mariner 8/9. Myself and Akron have figured out a plan for moving forward on finishing the lander but I’m waiting on some files, and once I have them it will still be a bit before we have some progress to show. 

Do you have an update on your bedbug situation? Hopefully you're rid of those little sons of....

16 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Do you have an update on your bedbug situation? Hopefully you're rid of those little sons of....

Haha, yes, they’ve been gone since the first treatment which I believe was late June? And then we had to wait two weeks for an all clear but we haven’t seen one since the treatment thankfully. That’s one thing I can put behind me. 

Hey guys. So i've been playing with Advanced Gemini recently and I wonder is there any practical reason why it would've been used instead of Apollo and Apollo-derived hardware? How can Advanced Gemini be squeezed between Apollo and Gemini programs logically and realisticly?

Launched Mercury Lab atop a Saturn I Block I. Cursed, I know.

I got a weird glitch where the retros wouldn't fire at all, even with full fuel. Decided to do a N9 Gaming tactic until I got bored with it and just opened the RCS translation toggles and turned everything on so I could just use the sideways translation to deorbit. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

lMAMGCT.png

l5GYDp7.png

SNLUi42.png

r6YfUfX.png

ikuj1qF.png

vBRv7wc.png