[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

That looks great!! The drawings I've seen show a modification to the spine of the XB-70 so that the X-15 rests in a bit of a 'cradle'. I don't think that's easily doable without dedicated parts though.

To be fair, I didn't expect the X-15 to take up an entire season and counting...

he didnt see it coming lol

Edited by kspbutitscursed
page maker goes BRRR

Shuttle-Saturn Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Target landing site located.

Qfckv0W.png

Um... Jeb? Jeb. Jeb! We're missing the landing site!

6J0Tci1.png

May have cheated a tiny bit to get to the landing site... Just a tiny bit... like 50 to 100 m/s of cheating... 

gjplqNY.png

Didn't make the same mistake twice though! 

Yv7UiIq.png

Group photo!

JECt46G.png

Whoops! Almost forgot to plant a flag!

tOts08T.png

"Jeb, you did push 'undock' right? and not the button right next to it that said decouple, right? Jeb.... answer me, Jeb."

16MMhAl.png

So, be careful when time warping... literally time warped INTO reentry. IDK how the pod survived... 

BzmpG1L.png

Bonus image:  (So I forgot to set the command pod to autonomous mode... had to cheat up a little probe. )

qN3pip9.png

8 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

Well, At least we have CNAR for the bumper (needs waterfall configs) but of course I'd love to see the entire battalion of Nike missiles.

Dude, Nike would be amazing! And oddly relevant. I just visited an old Nike site in the Everglades a couple months ago. It was neat!

And I'm not just saying that because I thought about converting the Ajax and Hercules into boosters/launch vehicles...:wink:

Sanity check, but is anyone else experiencing a weird texture issue with the X-15 in dev right now?  I'm just having this issue with the X-15 so I'm hoping it's just a development issue and not a mod somehow affecting it.

When zoomed partially out, the shading looks off, but zooming back in and it fades back to normal:

sEMRYFc.pngI0lvFHq.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 4:21 PM, GoldForest said:

@Rodger The Super Wide SLA fairing bases don't appear when you type Apollo in the search. I suspect they are missing the Apollo tag. 

Also, I know the Extra folder doesn't get touched really, but would it be possible to get the Fuel Cell extra fixed? Gemini and Apollo don't use the Hydrogen/Oxygen fuel when you select the Hydrogen/Oxygen Fuel cell option. 

Tags added, thanks.

And the Fuel Cell patch seems to be working fine for me, consuming the correct fuels. Was it still using monoprop, or not doing anything? Might be a log/configcache situation.

7 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Sanity check, but is anyone else experiencing a weird texture issue with the X-15 in dev right now?  I'm just having this issue with the X-15 so I'm hoping it's just a development issue and not a mod somehow affecting it.

When zoomed partially out, the shading looks off, but zooming back in and it fades back to normal:

This is I think due to the in-dev .png normal maps, and version 1.35.1 of KSPCF. Its fixed in 1.35.2

Edited by Rodger
Fixed in newer version of kspcf

6 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Tags added, thanks.

And the Fuel Cell patch seems to be working fine for me, consuming the correct fuels. Was it still using monoprop, or not doing anything? Might be a log/configcache situation.

It still consumed monoprop. I'll do a test run with Apollo and Gemini tomorrow and send you the logs if you need them.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Why no Kerficer, I am not drunk. What makes you think that?

You make this cardinal sin and don't go all the way adding strap-on boosters? Shame! :D

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So, be careful when time warping... literally time warped INTO reentry. IDK how the pod survived... 

I accidentally did this with the Orion capsule from ACK, but I got the bad ending...

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

That's... weird. That's what it looks like when I export broken normal maps from Unity, but I've never seen it go away when you zoom in. Almost like it's caching the broken mipmaps or something... but I don't think you'd have mipmaps for a .png texture?

18 minutes ago, Gupyzer0 said:

You make this cardinal sin and don't go all the way adding strap-on boosters? Shame! :D

Kericer, I don't need boosters.

17 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

I accidentally did this with the Orion capsule from ACK, but I got the bad ending...

Yeah, idk how I survived. I panick staged. That umbilical release takes so long. Probably should have hit the abort to get it to instantly detach.

Also, thanks for giving me like.... 12 of the 15 notifications I logged into. Jeez. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I thought a Delta II core on it's own didn't even have positive TWR..?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I thought a Delta II core on it's own didn't even have positive TWR..?

LTThor, not Delta II cores. Also using all H2-Ds 200Ks (H3?).

Edited by GoldForest

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Is this… like a proton, but with delta cores?!
Oh god we have sinned…

P.S. If it's not, I think I know what I'm gonna do today …

Edited by ra4nd0m

Just now, ra4nd0m said:

Oh god we have sinned…

More like what if Saturn 1 used Thor cores instead of redstones and a Jupiter :D.

All of the sins are forgiven if you reach orbit with your monstrosity my child :confused:.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Oh god we have sinned…

P.S. If it's not, I think I know what I'm gonna do today …

@Gupyzer0 Is right. Thor cores Saturn I, not Proton imitation. 

Edited by GoldForest

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 7:15 PM, MashAndBangers said:

Made a XB-70 kinda sorta to launch the X-15 Delta.  Currently the X-15 normals/materials/whatever that cool texture thing is called seem messed up.  From a normal distance away, there's like black squares, but zooming in really close makes the X-15 parts look normal.  Work in Production of course :P

No, I can't get the wing tips to fold all the way down.  Using Robotic Hinges is... not good.  These wing tips are Proc canards stretched into the shape, but since control surfaces can only "deploy" to a max of 30 degrees, that's all you get :3

The Snoot Droops

PaMULAU.png

WOW it is my SEMI TRUCK!    10 wheels, 50,000lb+ Payload...  Yep it checks all the boxes    A semi Truck

Interesting using a Concord nose for what should just be a VG windscreen  :D

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

LtqhJ7b.png

You realize, you now have the technology to make the UA-1205 based SRM first stage for Saturn Right?    BTW how did you do it  Simple radial decoupler or something else?  IIRC that is Saturn INT-05?  the INT-11 is the UA-120x 1st stage Saturn,  4, 5 or 6 UA-1204,5,6(full segements not in BDB) or 7

Edited by Pappystein

I know I said the next flight would be a manned flyby of Windswept, well  we don't have the budget so we decided to send a lander to Scourge.

Mission: Land on Scourge and study its features.

Payload: Ghost 3.

Launch Vehicle: I honestly forgot the name in the craft files, its a bunch of Saturn parts with 4 SRMU boosters ^^; I wanted Titan IV but the heatshield was too wide for it and Centaur.

dheyop5-11bf3c5c-ca70-4154-ae0f-3492eeef69ec.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9wNS0xMWJmM2M1Yy1jYTcwLTQxNTQtYWUwZi0zNDkyZWVlZjY5ZWMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.17Pjq_q-yimp4b-K64260QQpdvFLmkZOdMS5kOlvmkE

dheyom2-f7b8435f-558f-46f4-a75b-ee446ff9efb5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9tMi1mN2I4NDM1Zi01NThmLTQ2ZjQtYTc1Yi1lZTQ0NmZmOWVmYjUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-_oeI7yMKKdtCda4_XLbWVr9vZmGU3P4yhnM62QUtBk

Booster separation.

dheyoly-ead7c45a-329f-4e29-af04-f255a0c0959e.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9seS1lYWQ3YzQ1YS0zMjlmLTRlMjktYWYwNC1mMjU1YTBjMDk1OWUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KUCmHQR1sKJD1KfyzYZrmkxlqJXY4xFgouOSnhRJN6k

dheyolt-74683ff0-368e-432f-bc9a-8f74739624d0.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sdC03NDY4M2ZmMC0zNjhlLTQzMmYtYmM5YS04Zjc0NzM5NjI0ZDAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.lRxlqtPpOj_kvsX5s4O8YmgH2WELaESxVvaXvtFlXCI

After some travel we arrived at Scourge with surprisingly the S-IV had plenty of Delta V (I turned off boiloff).

dheyolq-dd89ddda-5212-44cf-a4b0-3b65d9c65a49.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9scS1kZDg5ZGRkYS01MjEyLTQ0Y2YtYTRiMC0zYjY1ZDljNjVhNDkuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-X3c0qBd-2uSNy62sYHTTCzd-2EehKbzjvnUFZNEIIY

Goodbye the ranger's B&W camera an hello color cameras.

dheyolm-ecbc1838-c88b-40d2-b737-a73afb0a7eb0.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sbS1lY2JjMTgzOC1jODhiLTQwZDItYjczNy1hNzNhZmIwYTdlYjAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.SLWMeEWa2To4-64FIoC8DBiinrmBEWLlLJaUEv0_Qh8

dheyolf-914bcdbd-3184-439c-a4ab-91b2b2dfd1d9.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sZi05MTRiY2RiZC0zMTg0LTQzOWMtYTRhYi05MWIyYjJkZmQxZDkuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ddth5zQwLZ4zt8hixAZHc5HflVfZNXQstwaw1TFr1Ws

These rocks look like quills on the planet.

dheyold-c001c57e-9111-404c-9ffb-3de49e5a4b06.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sZC1jMDAxYzU3ZS05MTExLTQwNGMtOWZmYi0zZGU0OWU1YTRiMDYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.JU_uSXhdseMwesONB38OCuANyGYJG9WVJnZcQaKkVUw

dheyol1-0e498254-2ae3-4cf3-beef-19bd70d51bbd.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sMS0wZTQ5ODI1NC0yYWUzLTRjZjMtYmVlZi0xOWJkNzBkNTFiYmQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.uf7D5dOK42LWPc5lfI-mEuaIOkdCZ65QiSMd0wECwuQ

dheyol7-992782f3-db74-4427-a858-59bb133ddf43.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhleW9sNy05OTI3ODJmMy1kYjc0LTQ0MjctYTg1OC01OWJiMTMzZGRmNDMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.lGea6wlmNd0500yeerUXo3I26pmHi2_CIGj9GQKZXec

Hopefully either tomorrow or this weekend I can do the Windswept flyby before I go on Vacation next week.

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

WOW it is my SEMI TRUCK!    10 wheels, 50,000lb+ Payload...  Yep it checks all the boxes    A semi Truck

Interesting using a Concord nose for what should just be a VG windscreen  :D

You realize, you now have the technology to make the UA-1205 based SRM first stage for Saturn Right?    BTW how did you do it  Simple radial decoupler or something else?  IIRC that is Saturn INT-05?  the INT-11 is the UA-120x 1st stage Saturn,  4, 5 or 6 UA-1204,5,6(full segements not in BDB) or 7

Why use UA when I have Thor? :P And no decoupler, just radially attached.

On 5/17/2024 at 4:37 PM, GoldForest said:

I still can't replicate, and both the modules in question look the same in both your and my config cache. I don't see anything weird going on patch-wise, and no errors to do with the fuel cells (and the only errors on related parts you had, to do with B9 UI groups, I also had in my game).

I did happen to see "AlternateApollo" is probably installed incorrectly, having "AlternateApollo-1.8.1/GameData/AlternateApollo" in gamedata. But honestly no idea what might be causing the other issue.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I still can't replicate, and both the modules in question look the same in both your and my config cache. I don't see anything weird going on patch-wise, and no errors to do with the fuel cells (and the only errors on related parts you had, to do with B9 UI groups, I also had in my game).

I did happen to see "AlternateApollo" is probably installed incorrectly, having "AlternateApollo-1.8.1/GameData/AlternateApollo" in gamedata. But honestly no idea what might be causing the other issue.

Hmmm. I think I might know what's wrong. The H/O fuel cells produce water, but the patch does not add a water container for the water to go into. Maybe because of this the patch defaults to mono prop unless the player has a mod that adds water, such as a life support mod? 

Perhaps the patch should be altered to remove the water unless an LS mod is installed, or at the very least, add a water container to the modules that can hold all the water the fuel cells will produce. 

I'm going to remove the water sections from the config files and see if that helps. 

Also, thanks for pointing out the AltApollo oopsy. 

Edited by GoldForest

I didn't have water tanks on the parts in my install either and they were working, so I doubt it's the issue. And Water is in CRP anyway. The only condition on the patch that would make it 'default' to monoprop is having TACLS, but if that was the case it disables the whole patch, so you wouldn't even have the option to select H/O.

Going off the modules on the affected parts in your configcache, which is the final version of the part after all patching, it really should be working. It's just not applying the data insertion part of the B9PS subtypes, and I'm not sure what would be preventing that from working.

11 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I didn't have water tanks on the parts in my install either and they were working, so I doubt it's the issue. And Water is in CRP anyway. The only condition on the patch that would make it 'default' to monoprop is having TACLS, but if that was the case it disables the whole patch, so you wouldn't even have the option to select H/O.

Going off the modules on the affected parts in your configcache, which is the final version of the part after all patching, it really should be working. It's just not applying the data insertion part of the B9PS subtypes, and I'm not sure what would be preventing that from working.

Yeah, deleting the water producing module did nothing. Hmmm... 

Looking at the log it says "!TacLifeSupport." 

I don't have Tac, does that have something to do with it?