[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

55 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Not sure what could be breaking this, probably need a log.

Yeah I think that'll be a bug in Part Volume. I think setting volume to -1 is *meant* to set the parts as unstorable, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Then there's the fact it's trying to set parts as unstorable incorrectly, like the stock deployable science. You can remove the base PV mod and keep it's generated cfg file, and it should fix it.

Had a hunch and tested it, and it seems it was correct - looks like it's an interaction with KSPCF. Removing KSPCF while PartVolumes is installed stops stock deployable parts having -1 volume. Obviously just removing PV after it generates the cfg is the preferable solution to removing KSPCF though lol. I'll report the issue on the PV github

I found the problem, working on a fix now

Welp, it was a good thing I tested the RL10B-3 before running a Github PullRequest...    it was in game but Broke...

cIvpnRc.jpg

THAT is ALL FOUR ENGINES RUNNING...

The B3 would not activate no matter how many times I tried to activate it.    Dug into the code a bit... and to game restarts latter:

kwcRSAW.jpg

And now for something SPICY:  

Spoiler

ZgpCFxq.jpg

AJ260 LONG with RL10B3 x4 Powered S-IV (C1)   Payload is double sekret

MaEkoQJ.jpg

clbuTFx.png

YGb9sM3.png

H1nImUv.jpg

For how old the parts are the J2X antennas still hold up well.   While this is a test career to test patches, I thought it would be fun to put up a giant Long Range Radio comm-sat.   I ran out of fuel with a 5000km orbit.   Not nearly as far out from Kerbin as I wanted to be but good enough!

And yes, the PR is submitted and just awaiting acceptance to be in the BDB DevBuild

Also space-wizards thanks for letting me know that this patch was actually in use :D

Edited by Pappystein

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I found the problem, working on a fix now

It's been fixed.

FYI:  It had nothing to do with the KSP Community Fixes.  It had to do with parts having ModuleGroundPart modules only, there was a problem in a cfg file which I missed when I did the previous update

44 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's been fixed.

FYI:  It had nothing to do with the KSP Community Fixes.  It had to do with parts having ModuleGroundPart modules only, there was a problem in a cfg file which I missed when I did the previous update

I was seeing it even with the stock deployable science parts though, like DeployedGoExOb, which only has ModuleGroundExperiment. I'll try set up a minimal recreation environment and get some specific steps soon

Edit: updated the GH issue

Edited by Rodger

1 hour ago, x170doom said:

will post one shortly, just generating a new one so its less cluttered

so interesting detail found while testing, the issue seems to be with how the switch for the 8089c is implemented, as when placing the engine there is visible Z fighting on all configs, plus you can see that the 8089c is allways present over the other modules, additionaly the C model doesn't appear in the b9ps menu. will be posting logfile soon (just closing ksp now)

19 minutes ago, x170doom said:

so interesting detail found while testing, the issue seems to be with how the switch for the 8089c is implemented, as when placing the engine there is visible Z fighting on all configs, plus you can see that the 8089c is allways present over the other modules, additionaly the C model doesn't appear in the b9ps menu. will be posting logfile soon (just closing ksp now)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xTPRbgVAtjzcbwgaVa6XmM_JcYXTuQxP/view?usp=sharing 

log here,  had a quick scan through, no warnings or errors related to the engine though

Ah it's the AlternateXLR81Textures optional patch, which is just nuking the engine switch module and replacing it with it's own one, so it needs to be updated. If you remove it for now it should fix the issue.

Edit: it's updated on dev now

Edited by Rodger

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Ah it's the AlternateXLR81Textures optional patch, which is just nuking the engine switch module and replacing it with it's own one, so it needs to be updated. If you remove it for now it should fix the issue.

Edit: it's updated on dev now

thanks, honestly didn't even know I had that installed

9 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Hello guys. I've encountered a wierd problem with latest bdb dev branch and would appreciate some help!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=66a3fbf4&is=66a2aa74&hm=878

Here's logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FdixAErp_kBpohD2LQWH8MVi8HHSmVIH/view?usp=sharing
@Rodger Can you please take a look?

Running a clean install of BDB

Are you running BDB_Extras?

IIRC (since I had this a few weeks ago) there is a file in the BDB_Extras that isn't up to date with the dev branch.    If you run the Methalox RL10 patch it too will pop a B9PartSwitch error now because (as of yesterday) it wasn't up to date.

Let me see if I can find the answer (will edit reply)

@ra4nd0m  I had RSMP (formerly Solid Waterfall Effects) installed and it was causing the error.  The new replacement for RSMP (since it is no longer supported) Is Avalanche Plumes which is not causing me issues.

So delete RSMP or SWE (I still had it installed as SWE)   And install Avalanche Plumes instead.

Edited by Pappystein

33 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Are you running BDB_Extras?

Only CCK and real names.

33 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So delete RSMP or SWE (I still had it installed as SWE)   And install Avalanche Plumes instead.

Don't use it. (Looks worse then particle based realplume IMO)
Thank you for your efforts).

Edited by ra4nd0m

1 hour ago, ra4nd0m said:

Don't use it. (Looks worse then particle based realplume IMO)
Thank you for your efforts).

ux0NkNn.png

Hate to tell you but your Logs say otherwise

\GameData\RSMP\

29 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

\GameData\RSMP\

And would you belive it, there are some loose files inside a folder. 
I thought I deleted it YEARS ago!!!
Thank you very much for assistance!

I've been moving around my install pretty frequently when I got myself new SSD so I guess something snuck in.
I wonder if I should start using git for various installs... ;)

Edited by ra4nd0m

37 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

And would you belive it, there are some loose files inside a folder. 
I thought I deleted it YEARS ago!!!
Thank you very much for assistance!

I've been moving around my install pretty frequently when I got myself new SSD so I guess something snuck in.
I wonder if I should start using git for various installs... ;)

For new Installs I have started using CKAN to set it up, then I manually dump DevBuilds from various mods in.   Key thing to remember is to delete the root mod before you dump a new devbuild in...

As a Rule of Thumb, I am not a huge CKAN fan or supporter.  As you said "loose files" which become endemic to my builds because I do change things a lot and CKAN is not always the best at removing things.

More Vulcan abuse. I present Vulcan A62.
P8RPlNz.png
0Fg96tY.png
pstB72i.png
IDbQVOl.png
JjKgqVF.png
I'm especially proud of the last shot where you can see the core stage slowly falling back to Kerbin in the background.

4 hours ago, Yuriy Istochnikov said:

Somebody knows if the Mariner 6-9 camera is already available on BDB?

It's not.

Speaking of Mariner, @Rodger Got a request. The Mariner 2 solar panels have a base version and an extended version, both supply the same amount of EC. Could we get a little more EC out of the extended version? The base EC for the Mariner 2 default is 0.4. I think 0.5 for the extended version makes sense. The default version is made up of 4 segments while the extended is 5 segments. 0.1 EC per segment. 

Edited by GoldForest

Hmmm... Do you think Saturn MLV-V-23 (L) can handle this? (Keep in mind I play on 2.5x)

iixcJbm.png

And before anyone asks why I need 45 T of comm range... uh... 

Mnknh0y.png

Avf2gZG.png

R9RfJ53.png

I know, I realistically don't NEED to communicate with the probe, especially in sandbox, but just for laughs, I want to be able to communicate with it. 

Hmm... now the only question is do I send the comm station after Pioneer 13 or just leave it in orbit around the sun.

As a side note, apparently Kerbol is REALLY luminous... I mean, 1241 Gm away and it is still as bright as if you were on Kerbin basically.

5okd7Kv.png

Edited by GoldForest

So funny story, if anyone's tried to search for 'gemini' before, you'll know it shows you a ton of random other parts. Recently discovered the reason for this - KSP automatically adds the tag ")mini" to any 0.625m part (anything with the bulkheadProfile = size0). The really fun part is the ")" tag means it matches the *end* of the search term/tag, so it matches "gemini", but not "min". Other autotags use "(" tags, which match the *start* of the search term/tag, and if they used that instead, it wouldn't match gemini. So pretty sure this is all because of a Squad typo!

Just searching for "gemin" will work instead, because the end of it doesn't match mini lol

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

What's your tufx profile? Those shots look great.

Thanks! :D

I'm still using Zorg's TUFX from a few years back: