Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Called it! I suspect they're either landing that damn thing on the surface, or rigging the Speeder things as boosters. Thank god this isn't on Tylo...

I have a feeling the Kerbulans are going to strike... And soon.

I love seeing this story develop!

That was another great update!

I'm deeply enjoying the contrast between the lurking danger of the Kerbulans and the antics of the Kerbals.  I was quite surprised to see Val's overconfidence catch her out.
It appears nothing on the Qwammer broke.  I hope that's the case.

I know that our Kerbfleet heroes are resourceful enough to recover from this mishap.

Now where exactly is the comm sat orbiting?

Happy Lateral landing!

25 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Permission to invoke Kerbfleet General Order Zero?

Heh, you got me :) As we all know, Order Zero doesn't need permission, and can in fact forgive quite a bit as well (mutiny, barratry, grand theft spacecraft, contributing to the delinquency of an enzin, failure to signal a gravity turn... the list goes on and on :))

23 minutes ago, Mikki said:

Oh my god i hardly laughed! This is so [redacted] fun to read, great! The tension between the *SKRRRRT* and our beloved Kerbfleetmembers grows more and more... Awesome!:D Well worth the wait, take it easy, RL first... 

Isn't English a strange language? "hardly laughed" has a very different meaning from "laughed hard[ly]" :D  But yeah, real life. I can't give you any details because 2.2b, or even give you the pronoun of who I'm "with", but suffice it to say I've become a bit more than a spectator in the US elections this year :) 

15 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

I know how to get past Evil Bob's encryption: [edactedray] See? Foolproof. The encryption is code PIG_LATIN

Ah, but all the Kerbfleet comms are already scrambled, to Bob! Somehow the expositional interferator stops any useful information from passing through, without being able to interpret the information! Where did Bob get this strange device? How does he have it but have no idea how it works? You may as well ask how a species with no scientific curiosity developed a bloaking device. [FILE NOT FOUND itsaliensmeme.png]

2 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Called it! I suspect they're either landing that damn thing on the surface, or rigging the Speeder things as boosters. Thank god this isn't on Tylo...

There are a few less-crazy things to try before I try that crazy thing, especially since half the engines Intrepid used to land on Pol are already down on the surface, without her :) 

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

I was quite surprised to see Val's overconfidence Kuzzter's habit of spamming screenshots catch her him out. Now where exactly is the comm sat orbiting?

FTFY The comm sat is just a bit beyond Pol. :) 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Whoops, looks like the mission's over--good thing I already got my 10k rep and 400k views. Bye everybody! :P

Oh no, mister!  You quit now and you'll be giving me a catch up to you (...in a year or three...)  :rolleyes:

Seriously, congrats on hitting 400k :)

Edited by Just Jim

Oh [REDACTED] [REDACTED]!!!

Kuzzter Valentina messing a landing!!!
The Kermulan scrambling communications and probably going to strike!!!

... BUT more importantly: I start to be more and more a fan of Clauselle in this spedition on Vall (since her "hard working" mining)! LOL

Edited by Araym

4 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

See? Foolproof. The encryption is code PIG_LATIN

I thought they used KowGreek. 

Permision to blow them halfway to the nearest Galaxy? I'm not exactly sure what happened because of WiFi, but I'm pretty sure that SOMEONE deserves missiles to the face...

56 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Could you flip the qwammer with its RCS? What are they going to do now?

You'll find out next time!

19 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Permision to blow them halfway to the nearest Galaxy? I'm not exactly sure what happened because of WiFi, but I'm pretty sure that SOMEONE deserves missiles to the face...

@max_creative, you'd make the perfect Kerbulan: your comms system can't process all the information, so you never have any idea what's going on, and yet your first reaction always seems to be to be "shoot a missile at it!" :) 

There's a mouse in the wheel well!!! 

54 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

@max_creative, you'd make the perfect Kerbulan: your comms system can't process all the information, so you never have any idea what's going on, and yet your first reaction always seems to be to be "shoot a missile at it!" :) 

Not always! I do a lot of things!

For Kerbulans I can shoot a missile at them, ram them, throw a fuel tank and hit them, leave them alone and get lunch, redirect their ship to crash to a planet, throw them into the sun, go play Human Space Program with them, board them, ignore them, tell them that the only way that they're going to escape is defeating me in a dance off, steal their weapons, interrogate them, or try to nicely have a chat with them and try to agree to be nice to each other.

For Kerbals I usually just say hi. Then I ask if they need MOAR fuel and MOAR snacks, and if they do I start giving them supplies and play videogames with them while I'm waiting. 

So Kerbals are fine. Kerbulans should probably try to stay away... 

Also, I blame the school WiFi. I'm at home now!

Edited by max_creative
For Krakens I say "all hail the might kraken," or I try to get out of there as fast as possible.

I am here to do any Pro Bono work, as needed.

9 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

(mutiny, barratry, grand theft spacecraft, contributing to the delinquency of an enzin, failure to signal a gravity turn... the list goes on and on :))

1. Climbing a Flagpole Without Authorization
  2. Public Performance Without a License
  3. Operating a Commercial Vehicle Without a License
  4. Attempted Aggravated Theft of Rocket Parts
  5. Failure to Adhere to a Filed Flight Plan
  6. Grand Theft Aircraft
  7. Barratry (first count--the Fundstar)
  8. Grand Theft Spacecraft (first count)
  9. Barratry (second count--M7)
  10. Liftoff Without a Valid Flight Plan
  11. Failure to Signal a Gravity Turn
  12. Unlicensed Manufacture of a Controlled Substance
  13. Contributing to the Delinquency of an Enzin
  14. Counterfeiting of Mission Patches
  15. Petty Larceny/ Pickpocketing
  16. Unlawful Abandonment (of Kenlie)
  17. Piracy
  18. Grand Theft Spacecraft (second count)
  19. Aggravated Failure to File a Flight Plan Before Changing SOI
  20. First Degree Murder of the Fourth Wall

15 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I can't give you any details because 2.2b, or even give you the pronoun of who I'm "with", but suffice it to say I've become a bit more than a spectator in the US elections this year :) 

Same here. As a first-time presidential voter, it's really gotten me interested in the political process.

Let's play the game I like to call, "Who can get closest to 2.2b without breaking it?"

21: Failure to register flight plan with Space Traffic Control 

22: Unauthorized Boarding & Entering of a Kerbfleet space station 

23: Flying under influence (Code 5: Bubblyzine) 

24: Writing while flying 

25: Pouring Koffee on sensitive Kerbfleet equipment

On ‎5‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 5:05 AM, Dman979 said:

I am here to do any Pro Bono work, as needed.

1. (...) 20.

Well, as a mitigating factor, most of these were committed in order to comply, and in compliance, with the requirements of various narrative ordinances. Well, with the exception of failure to signal a gravity turn, there's just no excuse for that.

FDOopOi.png

Gx5bbKg.png

LstyqRB.png

WEMagw4.png

JMZSkh0.png

6Q1jjIK.png

...what, did anyone think I was going to come all this way and not visit Vallhenge? :D 

So, we have full science from four biomes now: Poles, Highlands, Midlands and Lowlands. Rolling downhill to the Lowlands really was a breeze, as was the hop to Vallhenge; I just kind of eyeballed it based on the longitude of the Lowlands flag and that of Intrepid, and in two burns managed to get a ballistic trajectory close enough to pick it up visually. Piece of cake :cool:

There will be no update for about a week now, as I am taking the family to Washington DC for a long weekend. Yes of course we're going to the Air and Space museum, what a silly question. We're also getting a tour of the White House gardens which will be very cool. I wonder if either of the Obama kids plays KSP? Well, if i see them I'll ask!

Edited by Kuzzter

Ohhh I'm greener than a kerbal right now - the Air and Space museum is awesome. I remember apologising a lot when I was there - to all the people I managed to bump into whilst trying to look at everything at once. Kid in a candy store wasn't the half of it!