Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

bLuFBBN.png

Dqlzumn.png

IU2kRSQ.png

Well, now that @Endersmens has updated the rep ranking list, I suppose I had to make some kind of comment. :)  But seriously, I'll always feel like this is a crown I've usurped. I think it's obvious that the new replike system favors content like mine over more useful stuff like moderation work. So, :hail: to the true king @Red Iron Crown--may he only have cause to visit this thread for his own entertainment ;)  

And other stuff--what did Lisa not see? What's missing from that cruiser? And was that really not not-Kurt speaking in the last panel? Don't ask me, I don't know either!

ETA: And whoops, before you all do the math, I calculated the 'signal delay' in Lisa's transmission by dividing Intrepid's solar altitude (rather than distance from Kerbin) by the speed of light--and misplacing a decimal point--so that number is wrong for at least two reasons. It might actually be so wrong it's close to being correct, so I'll leave it in :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

25 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well, now that @Endersmens has updated the rep ranking list, I suppose I had to make some kind of comment. :)  But seriously, I'll always feel like this is a crown I've usurped. I think it's obvious that the new replike system favors content like mine more useful stuff like moderation work. So, :hail: to the true king @Red Iron Crown--may he only have cause to visit this thread for his own entertainment ;)  

Congrats on that!  And nice green version of RIC's avatar :).

And other stuff--what did Lisa not see? What's missing from that cruiser? And was that really not not-Kurt speaking in the last panel? Don't ask me, I don't know either!

Well, Intrepid hasn't pulled far enough ahead of Kerbin yet to be able to see around the sun so I'm guessing it's not something in that direction :)

I have no clue what's missing from the cruiser.  It looks impressive, though.

Edited by Geschosskopf

Just now, Geschosskopf said:

Well, Intrepid hasn't pulled far enough ahead of Kerbin yet to be able to see around the sun so I'm guessing it's not something in that direction 

Correct. It's really not so 'baffling' when you think about it.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Kuzzter I was making props for Pathfinder's Hacienda IVA, and came up with this:

Love it! Bill will be very happy. Just be sure you opt in so you can get early-access updates to BSP :) 

Well, at least there's no pressure alarm when the flight controllers breach the fourth wall.  :)

Nice crown.  Very well deserved, too.

Perhaps Lisa spotted her counterpart headed back to Kerbulus.  It sounded like Kenlie was already back at Kerbulus in the interlude, but I'm not sure how much time has passed since Kenlie left Eve.

Thanks Kuzzter.

Happy Concerned Nervous landings!

47 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Perhaps Lisa spotted her counterpart headed back to Kerbulus.

My thought exactly. We saw the Kerbulan vessel "bloak" whilst it was watching Intrepid, which must mean that if anyone happened to be looking out the window in that direction, they would surely have seen something. As to why Evilisa wasn't "bloaked" the entire time, well I'm sure there are limitations to that trechnology - maybe they can't stay invisible indefinitely, since they don't have reactors to power the device.

Also, interesting to see @Green Iron Crown making a return.

EDIT: "Cheese" is actually a very effective response whenever someone asks if you are insane, particularly if the cheese tells you to say it. Always listen to the cheese.

Edited by Deddly
Cheese

If someone asks whether you have too many replikes, answer cheese! Then they will know that you are sane!

(I was trying to think up something vaguely funny involving cheese, not-kurt, and replikes. This was the best I've got :()

EDIT: Is the thing missing from the cruiser propulsion? (EDITAGAIN:nope)

Edited by Willbl3pic

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

1. Lisa
  2. Klaws? Mining equipment? Cheese? Turbolaser batteries?
  3. At this point, we just need to give up on "Kurt" and "not-Kurt" and just call them "more-likely-to-be-Kurt" and "less-likely-to-be-Kurt".

On March 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Angel-125 said:

KSP 1.1 mod conversion update: happy to report that things are looking good.

Reveal hidden contents

LrNbLov.jpg

FOURTH WALL BREACH!!!

I also noticed something in EO0 chapter 3.

Melbe: "Science the mulch outta that planet!"

Mark Wattney: "I'm going to have science the [excretments] out of this!"

Hey, I really appreciate you guys being patient about the lack of updates over the last few days. I needed some time to reformat the story and ships a little bit. I've been reading the great stuff @Just Jim and @Parkaboy are doing and realizing that there's a dimension missing from my work. Hope you like it!

RlY0xkw.png

jeRLmND.png

Yup. General Order 34 is still secret, but it must be something about not taking your boots off if you're in a crew cabin overnight with an officer of the opposite sex. Oh, myyy! This will certainly complicate things when the Kerbulans show up! 

Edited by Kuzzter

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Hey, I really appreciate you guys being patient about the lack of updates over the last few days. I needed some time to reformat the story and ships a little bit. I've been reading the great stuff @Just Jim and @Parkaboy are doing and realizing that there's a dimension missing from my work. Hope you like it!

RlY0xkw.png

E2QqoHH.png

Yup. General Order 34 is still secret, but it must be something about not taking your boots off if you're in a crew cabin overnight with an officer of the opposite sex. Oh, myyy! This will certainly complicate things when the Kerbulans show up! 

Oh my! Getting some adult theme vibes here ;)

Just now, TaintedLion said:

Oh my! Getting some adult theme vibes here ;)

Yeah, i thought it was time. Appreciate the comment, but could you please edit to remove the images from your quote? You can see how it would clutter up the thread with many duplicate comic panels. And we have enough 'reproduction' problems as it is :) 

So, will there be a new entry on the Kerbfleet canon page regarding this?

Those pesky boots, anyway.  :)

I like the thought of Parkaboy and Just Jim being godfathers.

Very amusing.  Thanks Kuzzter!

Happy landings!

28 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

...but wait, does that make me and @Parkaboy some sort of godfathers???  hehehe   :sticktongue:

Sure, I suppose it's the least I can do. Just try not to use the ceremony as some kind of cover to assassinate all your enemies, OK?

5 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

So, will there be a new entry on the Kerbfleet canon page regarding this?

Yeah, I'll have to get around to that eventually, especially as more details get revealed. I'll have to do the General Order list over, if nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Iago said:

What's the total capacity of the intrepid, Kuzzter?

As far as seats, quite a lot--there's room for 12 in the habs, two in the science labs, four in cupolas, seven bridge seats, two down in Engineering, two more if you count the Mk1 capsules I'm using as 'turbolifts', and then the various cockpits and cabins on the attached landing craft (totaling 11, last i counted) So that's room for 40 kerbals total. The trouble might be the life support system; we can only recycle mulch at max efficiency for 12 kerbals, so the 13th will consume NOMS at a higher rate. Should be enough margin to handle the extra load--but anyway, nothing to worry about until it actually hatches.