Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

If it is indeed a joke, the question is: who's making it? @Kuzzter or Val? And if it's the latter (and I strongly suspect it is), what is really inside the egg? Even if Val is just pulling a prank on Bob, Kuzzter has had several days to flesh it out. This is no shallow one-off joke. Tinfoil, anyone? :sticktongue:

12 hours ago, smjjames said:

I'm betting this is an April Fools one because it's the current date and the comic is such lol. :D

Well, you can fool some of the readers all of the time, and all of the readers some of the time--but yup, April fools, and I'll have the real pages up as soon as I can make them :) 

11 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Well then. I usually ship Jeb and Val, but Bill and Val works just fine...

10 hours ago, insert_name said:

Considering @Kuzzter s opinion on shipping this is probably an April fools

Yeah, not that I'm going to ever have kerbal relationships for real, but as I've written them Bill and Val makes more sense to me.What Val really needs in a friend is someone she can deal with as an equal and who will not annoy the mulch out of her. Her approach to flying and command is different enough from Jeb's that the two of them together don't satisfy either qualification. Bob--well, he's Bob. Can you imagine living with that guy and his 'concerns'? And outside of the Original Four, only Dilsby comes close to her level of expertise, but the dynamic between the two of them is more teacher and student. So yeah, if I was going to go that way for real, it'd be Bill and Val.

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I hope not... the Intrepid needs a child onboard!

Oh, just for that I'll make it canon. And I'll name him Wesley Kerman. And I'll put him in a goofball 1990's rainbow stripe flightsuit and have him solve every problem the grownups can't with a skillset that rivals Martystu's.

8 hours ago, Chemp said:

Even if Val is just pulling a prank on Bob, Kuzzter has had several days to flesh it out. This is no shallow one-off joke. Tinfoil, anyone? :sticktongue:

Nope, just me. I've been planning this for a while, and obviously could have put in the joke practically anywhere on the trip. I didn't get nearly as much done in the game or the comic this week as i planned, though...something happened right after Easter that required my attention for several days. Things are just now getting back to normal. 

6 hours ago, Scotius said:

But...how...what...an egg...? Kerbals are not oviparous, dangit! Are they? I'm speechless. :o

5 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

That egg is larger than a full grown kerbal...

Interpret that how you will.

Who knows how they really do it? It looked funny and it reminded me of Mork and Mindy's kid. 

4 hours ago, The Error said:

Credit where credit is due; as April Fools' jokes go, that one was actually entirely unexpected.

Thanks! I was a little surprised to not see a more 'official' joke on the forums. Maybe it's because of the mayhem that happened last year, or perhaps everyone's busy with 1.1. Well, glad I could keep the tradition going in some small way. :) 

2 hours ago, max_creative said:

Also nobody really said anything... Hey @Kuzzter what's the new cruiser for? Guesses:

• carrying the other landers.
  • SPAAAACE 
  • something else...

Two out of three of those guesses are correct. 

6 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I was a little surprised to not see a more 'official' joke on the forums. Maybe it's because of the mayhem that happened last year, or perhaps everyone's busy with 1.1. Well, glad I could keep the tradition going in some small way. 

Probably both.

There was a forumite made April Fools thing or two though.

28 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well, you can fool some of the readers all of the time, and all of the readers some of the time--but yup, April fools, and I'll have the real pages up as soon as I can make them :) 

Don't let kuzzter fool you readers! This is clearly the set up for a double prank! :P

14 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Hey, I really appreciate you guys being patient about the lack of updates over the last few days. I needed some time to reformat the story and ships a little bit. I've been reading the great stuff @Just Jim and @Parkaboy are doing and realizing that there's a dimension missing from my work. Hope you like it!

LOL!  Like it?  I'm flabbergasted!  She hid it so well.  Those Star Trek-inspired IVA suits must have amazing corset stays :)

So, I presume Val will be having to sit on it for the next few weeks while Bill does all the domestic chores and Dilsby runs the ship, while the rest of the crew snickers?  And then another young Kerbal mind raised on close proximity to Uncle Jebby for several years :)

EDIT:  This will be fooling folks for years.

Edited by Geschosskopf

7 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I was a little surprised to not see a more 'official' joke on the forums.

They did switch the names of the General KSP Discussion forum and The Lounge.  That was the only official one I saw.  It prompted me to start a thread about the weather in the new 'Lounge'.  :)

Happy landings!

9 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Thanks! I was a little surprised to not see a more 'official' joke on the forums. Maybe it's because of the mayhem that happened last year, or perhaps everyone's busy with 1.1. Well, glad I could keep the tradition going in some small way. :)

Well, there was this fishing mod being passed as an easter egg and introduced by Scott Manley himself... in Snoopavision, no less. ;)

Rune. Many guys on the forums also followed along.

Edited by Rune

16 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Oh, just for that I'll make it canon. And I'll name him Wesley Kerman. And I'll put him in a goofball 1990's rainbow stripe flightsuit and have him solve every problem the grownups can't with a skillset that rivals Martystu's.

oh NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo   :0.0:

16 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Two out of three of those guesses are correct. 

I suppose that it is a space cruiser and its not ment for water. And probably for not carrying the other landers. It has no cargo bays or anything. Also I like the creative use of K & K planetary base systems for the cruiser. WAIT!!! If it isn't carrying the other landers, how will the land? They could carfully jet pack on bop and pol and the laythe plane could probably hand vall. Maybe. But still, how will they?

Oh and I have confirmed there is no nyan cat on my loading screen.

17 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

*whimpers*:(

"Please, NOOO"

Edited by GDJ