Say Hello to The Rep Grand Group! [07/19/16 UPDATE!]

Endersmens

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Ah, I wondered. Also: You're so close to 2k! How does it feel?

*Sticks microphone in your face*

I don't really care that much about it. After 1k I was like "yay I'm appreciated" but now it just accumulates kind of by itself and I enjoy reading comments more than getting imaginary internet points. There are a few posts of mine that have gotten an exorbitant amount of rep, and those are the ones I'm most proud of. I think my stock Rubik's Cube post has by far the most likes for a single post of mine, but a comment is worth a thousand likes. It sounds like a cliche phrase, but I think some of the comments in that thread made me feel just as good as reaching 1000 rep did. 

Edited by cubinator

Guys, this thread was meant to congratulate people on reaching 1000 rep points. If it turns into people just asking for more rep to artificially build up their totals, then rep becomes meaningless. Please don't abuse the rep system like that. 

4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Guys, this thread was meant to congratulate people on reaching 1000 rep points. If it turns into people just asking for more rep to artificially build up their totals, then rep becomes meaningless. Please don't abuse the rep system like that. 

He didn't ask for it, I just gave him it since he was so close.

On 20 November 2016 at 7:43 PM, Vanamonde said:

The irony of repping that statement is, just, too, much! 

:D

On 11/26/2016 at 4:03 PM, Majorjim! said:

The irony of repping that statement is, just, too, much! 

:D

Hey, it was a valuable contribution to the spirit of the conversation. Thus, it is worthy of letting the author know such. :D

Edited by cubinator

2 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

The messages I got when someone reped me made me feel like I truly deserved it. 

That, and the fact that no one could give more than a few reps in a 24 hour period made each one REALLY special. Also, getting reputation used to be one of the very few things that would light up the little "Notifications" tab (the others being a PM, which is sort of rare, and an infraction/warning which oh-my-what-have-I-done!) So when you logged on and saw that you got an immediate thrill of positive goodness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.