Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

2 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Going out on an emergency call just after brewing a fresh pot, returning hours later to all but an inch of coffee left in the pot (evaporation, old reliable "Mr.Coffee").  Sludge.  You don't know what you're missing.

Oh, in the Navy that was a feature, not a bug. "Mid-watch coffee". In-port the only two watchstanders in the engine room were the Shutdown Reactor Operator and the Shutdown Roving Watch, and the SRO couldn't leave Maneuvering. So on the mid-watch, when everyone else has gone to bed and they're the only two in the engine room at all, the SRW starts a pot at 11:30 when they start the watch. By about 2:30 or so it's boiled down to about half. Load a cup of that up with creamer and sugar: Yeah, Buddy! That'll keep you awake! :D

37 minutes ago, Petrovich said:

Just found out the youtube channel Jeff Quitney, who uploaded old archival videos including old NASA reels, was deleted for copyright infringement.

WHAT?!?

Who would complain about the videos he had?

There goes half of my "Watch Later" list...

Edited by razark

18 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Milk is a natural universal antidote.
It helps against coffee as well.

lactose intolerance?

Backups. I hate backups.

Mainly because they are useless when done by stupid people And when you are one of these stupids, backups become even more hateful - as you need to hate something, and just yelling on your image on the mirror is not cathartic enough. :D

I just destroyed half my works made this year by deleting the right savegame from the wrong KSP Installment. I found a bug last week affecting my "production environment", and not my test beds. So… I copied it into the test bed, deleted things not related, mangled crafts due the stunts, you name it.

Friday I insisted on playing for longer I should, as I was somewhat tired, and then decided it was time to get rid of the clutter on my testing beds but somehow ended up firing the wrong KSP and… Yeah, you already know what happened. :sticktongue:

What about backups? Well, this Dud SAS typing this post was using a clever idea of versioning things using GIT. Hell of an idea, but it has a flaw: you delete the savegame, you delete all the git info related to that savegame. :D 

So, yeah. I hate backups. And I hate even more the backups I didn't did, :P 

6 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Backups. I hate backups.

Mainly because they are useless when done by stupid people And when you are one of these stupids, backups become even more hateful - as you need to hate something, and just yelling on your image on the mirror is not cathartic enough. :D

I just destroyed half my works made this year by deleting the right savegame from the wrong KSP Installment. I found a bug last week affecting my "production environment", and not my test beds. So… I copied it into the test bed, deleted things not related, mangled crafts due the stunts, you name it.

Friday I insisted on playing for longer I should, as I was somewhat tired, and then decided it was time to get rid of the clutter on my testing beds but somehow ended up firing the wrong KSP and… Yeah, you already know what happened. :sticktongue:

What about backups? Well, this Dud SAS typing this post was using a clever idea of versioning things using GIT. Hell of an idea, but it has a flaw: you delete the savegame, you delete all the git info related to that savegame. :D 

So, yeah. I hate backups. And I hate even more the backups I didn't did, :P 

Which is why in order matic off site backup is perfect for you, because it backs up everything, even the stuff you delete, and you can get stuff from the past.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which is why in order matic off site backup is perfect for you, because it backs up everything, even the stuff you delete, and you can get stuff from the past.

Pushing the kraken damned local repository into bitbucket would also accomplish the same - what's essentially a technical way to apply what you said on this situation. :P 

Just now, Lisias said:

Pushing the kraken damned local repository into bitbucket would also accomplish the same - what's essentially a technical way to apply what you said on this situation. :P 

Yes, but bitbucket, github, etc are developer tools, and worse would make his files public, which I don't think he would want to do.

I use BackBlaze, it's inexpensive and I have about 2Tbytes backed up.  There are others as well

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, but bitbucket, github, etc are developer tools, and worse would make his files public, which I don't think he would want to do.

I use BackBlaze, it's inexpensive and I have about 2Tbytes backed up.  There are others as well

BitBucket has private repositories, so this is not a problem for me. I also rsync things from my computer to my site's "cloud repository" when I intend to do something similar.

I didn't knew about BackBlaze - way cheaper that cold storage (SC1) on AWS with the same size. Nice idea, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

BitBucket has private repositories, so this is not a problem for me. I also rsync things from my computer to my site's "cloud repository" when I intend to do something similar.

So does Github, but again, Github, Bitbucket are aimed at technical people, and from the way he described himself, he is not technical.  BackBlaze is a set and forget system, until you need it, and then it's a lifesaver

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

But in reward they have more free time for reading and texting.

Nonsense!  I can read and drink milk at the same time.  When texting, I can drink milk while waiting for a reply.

And for that, I'm going to put extra cream into my coffee, just because I can. :P

2 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Nonsense!  I can read and drink milk at the same time.  When texting, I can drink milk while waiting for a reply.

They can do this as well, and additionally have extra time after the milk drinking, sitting in a cabin.