Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

12 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

TMJ?

I hope it isn't that bad, I'm still 21 XD

There's an acne on that side. Muscles usually strains around such features. Will see would it go away after it has been gone... And I hope it will.

18 hours ago, YNM said:

I hope it isn't that bad, I'm still 21 XD

There's an acne on that side. Muscles usually strains around such features. Will see would it go away after it has been gone... And I hope it will.

I had it at a very young age, like 11 or 12. When I would chew with my back molars my jaw would pop and crack and do all sorts of painful stuff. Mentioned it to our dentist one day, He said, "Huh, lets have a look." He found a spur on the top of one of my molars that was keeping them from matching up properly when I chewed. Hit it with his little grinding wheel. Never bothered me again.

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

He found a spur on the top of one of my molars that was keeping them from matching up properly when I chewed.

That's on the teeth ? This one seems to be more on the hinge/moving muscles. It somewhat become better this morning though, as the acne is going as well. Hope it won't go too bad.

Edited by YNM

12 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

2 All, first of all.

Do you not forget making your KSP releases backup?

I've got backups going back to 0.25.

SmwPaBW.png

My complaint, is that as amazing as the game is, post 1.0, the reliance of auto struts as a bandaid to fix the wheel issues (specifically, wheels being invisibly auto strutted to the CoM) has destroyed the usability of my docking port based rocker bogey style mega rovers (like Gilly Vanilli). Where in 0.90, it was a flexible, dynamic system that could handle major flexing and stress loads, even at speeds of near 60 M/S, now it's just a rigid board that destroys wheels. I honestly don't know if this ever changed or not. In 0.90, I had done a 1/3 circumnavigation of Minmus in Gilly Vanilli (took three surface science missions, with the destination being my ground base on one of the flats). I really enjoyed the challenge, and had started a Kerbin circumnavigation. 0.90 had some crashing issues, which really sucked. I was excited when 1.0 dropped, and decided to try and continue there (1.0.5 being the last version of KSP I actively played), but was dismayed at my greatest creation being rendered useless, because wheels were now rigid in relation to the CoM. After about 120-140ish Km in 0.90, and restarting the trip or continuing it in 1.0.5 being a non-starter... It kinda just took the wind out of my sails. Roadblocks in my KSP instrument panel also dismayed me. Then work got stupidly insane, including work injuries. I've honestly not played KSP in like 3 years... YEARS! Heck... I'd started producing a video covering my 1/3 circumnavigation Minmus road trip... and just never finished it either. The bleak future for my Gilly Vanilli rover just really killed my drive... :(

I really want to get back into it, but I worry that the one great innovation that I was so excited to put to use... Will still be dead in 1.6 and on. I used to follow the developer posts, but I haven't even looked at them recently. Not hardly at all since the Take Two takeover.

I'm looking forward to the day I can replace my main computer. I'm hoping it'll serve as the excuse I need to start fresh and get back into KSP again. As always, I'll edit my "core crew" into whatever save file I create. I'm a sentimental sob like that! :rolleyes:

Someday... 

FA1FEDF660BC741A4EA104780B25BF1062F1E0D1

Three years...

I am also well aware of how wrong this base is... So very wrong...

I also regret not recording the launch. It was a glorious mess of a disaster where nothing broke, but everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong, and yet, I still went to space that day. That was a monster, not just in the number of asparagus stages (13 stacks of the largest tanks, stacked three tall, with the quad engines on most of those stacks), but also because I forgot to have an upright facing command module on it (or sufficient RCS or SAS), and I had to control it by right clicking the engines and manually managing thrust levels. Mechjeb could only stain it's mechanical pants trying to figure that thing out... I had to kill it before it killed the crew. It launched as a single unit. That base was assembled, in it's entirety, in the VAB! :o I recall the remaining fuel when orbit was achieved so small... I wanna say I had .13 seconds of burn time left. It was a stupidly small number. I had to launch numerous refueling launches just to restock it with enough fuel for getting to and landing on Minmus. It had landing legs (32 of 'em) and drop tanks for landing on small bodies. I think once the drop tanks were released, there was maybe 30 seconds of thrust before you'd better be landed.

Yeah... The two Gilly Vanilli rovers were my last major missions in KSP. This vehicle was the secondary. The primary vehicle (obviously) went to Gilly. Aside from those two vehicles in 0.90 and a career restart that got up to some satellites and stations around Kerbin, Eve, and Duna in 1.0.4, really didn't do much after that. I tried to rebuild a new Gilly Vanilli in 1.2, but the auto struts for wheels was still a thing. After that was crazy hours at work. I've literally not actively played KSP since then. It's hard to even wrap my brain around the time that has passed...

I have never had a vehicle or satellite ever go further than Kerbin, Eve, or Duna... I always wanted to save the rest of the game for after I built my instrument panel... I feel like I might play it in a decade or two, at this rate... :/

Edited by richfiles

52 minutes ago, YNM said:

That's on the teeth ? This one seems to be more on the hinge/moving muscles. It somewhat become better this morning though, as the acne is going as well. Hope it won't go too bad.

It was a misalignment of my teeth that was causing problems with my jaw. I and my parents were pretty amazed that it was such a small thing. But that's all it was. It might be worth a look if your's doesn't clear up.

I can tell neither of you has ever built a computer... :P

Memory sticks can't go in backward.

The logo/sticker's not backward either.  It's on the heatspreader in the same position as the other three.  The heatspreader was put on the stick backward.

Next time my wife actually shuts her computer down, I'll need to swoop in and see which way the single stick in hers is facing... and possibly steal it.

QuickSort is messing with my head!

I think I have a method for getting it to work, but I have no idea how it'll behave for the smallest array size that needs to be sorted (2). 0 and 1 are already sorted, but how does it work with one pivot and just one other element?

12 minutes ago, Delay said:

QuickSort is messing with my head!

I think I have a method for getting it to work, but I have no idea how it'll behave for the smallest array size that needs to be sorted (2). 0 and 1 are already sorted, but how does it work with one pivot and just one other element?

Why bother quicksorting such small arrays? Bubbles are intuitive and easy, and speed penalty is miniscule on this size?

Anyway, I've posted this here before, but here it goes again. May you find it useful, if not interesting.

11 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

Bubbles are intuitive and easy, and speed penalty is miniscule on this size?

I'm talking about the late-sort situation, many recursions in. After the first few runs on a size n array, you eventually find yourself in a situation where the pivot is one out of just a few items in the scope of that recursion.
That size is 2: One item that will be picked as the pivot and the other one which is either smaller or bigger (simplification, == is treated as <).

After than the recursion stops and the stack can slowly recover from what it just had to go through.

Edited by Delay

3 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Don't laugh, I kid you not, I've seen people do it attempt it.

In the 80s, when I was still learning, I attended to a course using one of the first computers to have Floppy Drives as standard. Magnificent two floppy drives, 5.25", 160Kb per face. It was a TRS-80 Model III local clone.

Thing is… Some Dud SAS though it would be a good idea to shove a folded EIGHT POL FLOPPY DISK into the boot drive - rendering the machine useless until the drive were replaced, what took some time as that things were horribly expensive around here.

I also managed to see a floppy being photocopied and the copy sent by mail, as well floppies being stapled on printed reports and sent by office boy to the opposite side of the city.

This is not a joke. These things really happened in the real life!

Edited by Lisias
I'm pretty sure the auto-completion is trolling me. =/

16 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Memory sticks can't go in backward.

You say this, but......

10 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Oh yea?  I've got a hammer that says otherwise.

Don't laugh, I kid you not, I've seen people do it attempt it.

Back in the 90's I worked in a mom and pop computer repair shop.   We had a younger high schooler working part time for us (Oddly enough, small word syndrome, 10 years later he ended up being a paramedic partner of mine).  He managed to get a VGA plug to fit upside down:

FUERAN-VGA-dummy-plug-Headless-Ghost-Dis

Note, that's a trapezoid shape.   He made it fit.  

35 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Note, that's a trapezoid shape.   He made it fit.  

If you notice, the pins would zig-zag in the wrong way as well..