Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

2 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Edit: I think I might be coming down with an ear infection- earaches, some headaches, runny nose, it stopped yesterday but we'll see.

One should check the airlock door when getting into space.

7 hours ago, daniel l. said:

brown mucus

Do you smoke?

Addendum:
My complaint for the day;  My laptop cooling pad just bit the dust... with the help of my fist.  One of the fans was wobbling and oscillating and just wouldn't shut up, annoying the life out of me.  It speaks no more.

Edited by LordFerret

The weather this evening is a nasty concoction of snowy rainy goop, which will probably freeze to everything by morning. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere for the next 37 hours.

===========

AAAND there's already like half an inch of cover?? ?     ??

Edited by cubinator

Tried to use ticketmaster to buy tickets in the UK today (from New Mexico) and it complains about my postal code (presumably not being in the UK). You'd think they'd want me to spend several hundred dollars on Hamilton tickets (my daughter desperately wants to see it). Grrr.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, tater said:

Tried to use ticketmaster to buy tickets in the UK today (from New Mexico) and it complains about my postal code (presumably not being in the UK). 

Empire strikes back. A revenge for the tea party.

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, tater said:

Tried to use ticketmaster to buy tickets in the UK

You can use National Rail Enquiries, and TfL sells you Oyster card and paper tickets.

For busses outside of London, I suppose you'd have to see for the exact bus you're going to use. Bus routes managed by TfL uses Oyster card.

EDIT : Apparently the whole of National Rail doesn't support sending the tickets outside the UK. You can still buy it now then produce it once you arrive however, which I reckon is actually easier ?

Edited by YNM

35 minutes ago, YNM said:

You can use National Rail Enquiries, and TfL sells you Oyster card and paper tickets.

For busses outside of London, I suppose you'd have to see for the exact bus you're going to use. Bus routes managed by TfL uses Oyster card.

EDIT : Apparently the whole of National Rail doesn't support sending the tickets outside the UK. You can still buy it now then produce it once you arrive however, which I reckon is actually easier ?

No, these are theater tickets. Ticketmaster exists in the US, I use it. For some inexplicable reason it requires a UK postal code for me to buy an e-ticket to a show, which is absurd.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:45 PM, GDJ said:

Always better to be walking without a toe-tag.

Cause if ya are walking around with a toe-tag... Woah... Well, don'tcha be chompin' down on me! I ain't too keen on no zombies, eh. :sticktongue:

As for my complaint... Two things... I've had pets practically my entire life. I love animals, particularly the fluffy ones that definitely like them scratches behind the ears and the rubs under the chin for being such good floofs! :D Anyway, over the past few months, I've been playing Pokemon for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, I've also come to a crushing realization... Vulpix and Eevee... Twenty years ago, someone clearly thought "We need to design some cute, adorable creatures for this game. What is the absolutely most adorable concept for a creature that we could ever possibly imagine, that NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY HAVE AS A PET... You know, cause they're imaginary vidja game characters." Seriously... It's a crime that it's probably actually a crime to even attempt to genetically engineer something even remotely close to that adorable as a pet... I will never pat an eevee, or scratch behind a vulpix's ears... ;.; Darn you Nintendo!!!1one

Warning, you will never be able to tell one of these critters they are a good boy or a good girl... Ever... Soul crushing... Isn'it?

Spoiler

Normal_and_Alolan_Vulpix_anime.png
You looked. Now you too will never be able to give one of these pats. Tragic!

My second complaint is a bit more grounded in actual reality, but also something equally unattainable for me...
Look at this!

aBh8PrQ.jpg

I am so jelly... I wish I had the 3D printer that made these prototype parts...
I don't even know what these are for! They are so huge, and the print resolution was so high that we thought they'd been machined at first, but then we looked closely at it, and could see the layers. Apparently, this was produced on a very large industrial 3D printer in China. I mean... compare the pieces to the chair and table behind them!

Spoilered cause huge high res pics, Incredible detail too hot for innocent mechanical engineers and nerds alike! :P

Spoiler

JKg3yQ3.jpg

ul5XZRf.jpg

I told ya! Ain't it a beauty!

I still don't even have a cheap consumer grade 3D printer, much less something as incredible as what made this stuff! Oh, and apparently, it's nylon filament. NYLON!
I'm told this print took over a day to produce. Considering the beastly size, the number of pieces, and the level of detail, I don't doubt it!
I want!

Edited by richfiles

18 minutes ago, tater said:

No, these are theater tickets.

Hmm... Well, depends on the theater I guess... ? Can you buy them in post from the respective official source ?

A really annoying thing happened to me at school this week.

So, I was in English class on Thursday. On that day English is the last lesson before lunchtime. Just before the lesson ended, three boys came in. These were the usual 'troublemaker' types who you'll probably find in every school on Earth, and I think they came in because some of their mates were in my class. Naturally, my teacher got mad at them and sent them out. The problem was, now she wouldn't let us leave for lunch until we told her the three boys' names. Since I'd been in classes with these three on and off during the three and a half years that I'd been at my school, I knew their names, and I decided to do the right thing and tell the truth so that everyone could get out of the stuffy classroom and go and eat lunch.

Afterwards, when I was quietly reading in the library, one of my friends came up to me and said that I should probably be careful, because now these three idiots were apparently very annoyed about me getting them in trouble - they were labelling me as a 'snitch'. Seriously? All I did was tell the truth, those three brought it upon themselves by coming into the classroom in the first place. I do not understand why, in 2019, that people want to avoid telling the truth about what someone did because they don't want to be labelled a 'snitch'. :mad:

Image result for spock illogical meme

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

... My teacher got mad at them and sent them out. The problem was, now she wouldn't let us leave for lunch until we told her the three boys' names. ...

I knew their names, and I decided to do the right thing and tell the truth. ...

Afterwards, (...) one of my friends came up to me and said that I should probably be careful, because now these three idiots were apparently very annoyed about me getting them in trouble - they were labeling me as a 'snitch'. ...

These things doesn't stop at school. They happen in the real world as well. It's alright, have no worries - do what you think is right, even if it ends up with you getting kille-

- oh.

Well, good luck !

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

If they are enough brave to put the whole class in a trouble, why are they not so brave to tell their names.

Because they are not brave. They are "righteous".

Some people, by having had a hard life, ends up believing that the World owns them compensation, and so everybody should comply with their wishes.

Some other, by having a very easy and unchallenging life, ends up believing that they are "better", so they deserve "better", and so everybody should comply with their wishes.

In a way or another, the aftermath is exactly that: people thinking that hey can do whatever their want in disregard for everybody else, and becoming angry and revengeful to anyone and anything that challenges that.

@Dman979 has a new profile picture, and now my world no longer makes sense.

This is how I identify you people!  When you change them up on me, I'm like a blind cat who identifies people by smell and you just switched deodorant!

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

This is how I identify you people!  When you change them up on me, I'm like a blind cat who identifies people by smell and you just switched deodorant!

Then I am an Invisible Man!

kerbiloid

On 3/10/2019 at 1:56 PM, kerbiloid said:

Then I am an Invisible Man!

The invisible Kerman... I see right through you... :cool:

Edited by richfiles
Now has "The Invisible Man" by Queen stuck in my head, and is imagining the sight of a half a dozen Brian Mays (you know, the rockin' astrophysicist) on skateboards shooting guitar lasers in some kid's bedroom